Round 3 Trades

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yep, that's one headache I'm glad I avoided.
What are you thinking of doing? Going sideways to possible keeper, downgrade for coin, or you holding and hope for the best??

Reactions: Tandy

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
there have been rumours going around for a while that the club wasnt happy with his outside of the club activities
And the rumours were that he'd cleaned himself up...

He was better when he was a rebel

Reactions: Tandy

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I think its more a form thing, not anything else.
He doesn't seem fit, definitely looks to be carrying a niggle.
He doesn't seem fit at all and the injury in the GF seems a logical reason for that. The thing that confuses me most is that all the reports through the preseason were great. He decided himself to stay off the booze once his knee rehab had finished and he broke his record in the 3km time trial in which he's always been in the top 3 in the club. It's a mystery that's for sure. I just wish that either he or Horse would make some kind of comment on it. Under the circumstances I think it's warranted and it would answer all our questions. I remember a similar situation with him in 2014. He started really slowly and he himself came out in the press saying that he needed to lift. After that he just went bang with like 6 or 7 tonnes in a row. Hopefully he can do that again this year.

Reactions: Prospector

Matt Allen

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 4, 2017
My team is in pretty good shape but I'm missing WHE. Four options under consideration:
1. Hold
2. Taranto to WHE
3. Sandilands to WHE by moving Nankervis to R2
4. Two trades: Sandi and Pickett to Witts and WHE.
Anyone willing to offer free advice?

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Yep, that's one headache I'm glad I avoided.
What are you thinking of doing? Going sideways to possible keeper, downgrade for coin, or you holding and hope for the best??
I'm leaning towards going to Heppell and then get WHE or just going to the Bont.

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
My team is in pretty good shape but I'm missing WHE. Four options under consideration:
1. Hold
2. Taranto to WHE

2 seems good, although holding isnt bad if Taranto keeps playing. Going from Sandi down seems a nono for me. Sandi will be ok for most of the year

Reactions: Dino and Matt Allen

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
1. Hold
2. Taranto to WHE

For starters if your happy where the teams at i wouldn't use 2 trades for starters.
If you have the right rooks in each line by wht you have written here look like uou do, why not hold.
It's only my opinion but i don't like Toranto so I'd be flicking him to WHE.
The invoice is in the mail!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
He doesn't seem fit at all and the injury in the GF seems a logical reason for that. The thing that confuses me most is that all the reports through the preseason were great. He decided himself to stay off the booze once his knee rehab had finished and he broke his record in the 3km time trial in which he's always been in the top 3 in the club. It's a mystery that's for sure. I just wish that either he or Horse would make some kind of comment on it. Under the circumstances I think it's warranted and it would answer all our questions. I remember a similar situation with him in 2014. He started really slowly and he himself came out in the press saying that he needed to lift. After that he just went bang with like 6 or 7 tonnes in a row. Hopefully he can do that again this year.
Yeah it's frustrating watching such a ripper player struggling, lets hope he comes good and goes huge against the Pies.
Couldn't happen on a better stage that's for sure.

Matt Allen

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 4, 2017
For starters if your happy where the teams at i wouldn't use 2 trades for starters.
If you have the right rooks in each line by wht you have written here look like uou do, why not hold.
It's only my opinion but i don't like Toranto so I'd be flicking him to WHE.
The invoice is in the mail!
Thanks. I AM kinda worried Taranto will get dropped when Coniglio comes back. I was concerned Taranto to WHE was too sideways but on balance I'm pretty confident WHE will generate more cash. I guess the question is: Is it enough extra cash to warrant a trade?

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
As much as i hope Heppell can go big i think Bont will be the most likely to be in the top 10 by years end.
Heppell I'd be happy to be m8 by years end. Whereas Bont I'd need him to be in my top 4 mids.

Re: Matt Allen, I'd hope one trade would be at least worth 150-200k

Reactions: Matt Allen

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thanks. I AM kinda worried Taranto will get dropped when Coniglio comes back. I was concerned Taranto to WHE was too sideways but on balance I'm pretty confident WHE will generate more cash. I guess the question is: Is it enough extra cash to warrant a trade?
This year more thn any is going to be hard to generate cash.
Although it's early WHE not only is scoring better and will generate more cash, his JS is far better also. So in this case i think yes it is worthy of a trade.

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Yeah early cash making is a worry which makes me wanna do the Heppell trade so I can bring in WHE for one of my non playing fwd rooks. Schoenmakers hehehe

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This year more thn any is going to be hard to generate cash.
Although it's early WHE not only is scoring better and will generate more cash, his JS is far better also. So in this case i think yes it is worthy of a trade.
This so much. There's a possibility WHE could average low 90s and be a value keeper while you use other rookies and midpricers for your cash gen. If you can manage to get 5 of the top 7 forwards by years end and have WHE at F6 busting out 90s then you'll be in pretty good shape. Not sure hes worth burning 2 trades to get in though so if you can do it in 1 then go for it.

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Heppells got a point to prove this year, and Bombers have a soft draw. I think he can be a top 10-12 mid

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Need a sanity check, does this seem ridiculous??

McCarthy down to Butler

Strnadica up to Witts

I just think this year more than ever we can ill-afford to miss the boat on any decent cash cows. I will lose my dpp link with Nank but Witts will provide ruck cover anyway and will most likely go back down to Strnadica again after round 9.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

McCarthy down to Butler

Strnadica up to Witts

I just think this year more than ever we can ill-afford to miss the boat on any decent cash cows. I will lose my dpp link with Nank but Witts will provide ruck cover anyway and will most likely go back down to Strnadica again after round 9.
I don't hate this move. This is the week for rookie corrections.

I have Witts at R3 and Butler at F7 and I've got pretty much the same plan to trade Witts down to a R/F link when he's maxed out his cash making ... I think Witts is looking like a very strong chance of making $200K the way he's going.

Butler may stall and not make so much but I like the way he has been pushing up the ground and getting involved in the action. Seems to have more tank than some other small rookie forwards - worth a punt I reckon.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

McCarthy down to Butler

Strnadica up to Witts

My only drama with that is having that much cash sitting on the bench. I agree Witts is a great cow (I have hime at R2) but in a couple of weeks he'll be over 300k+ and you won't want to cull him yet so all that cash will just be sitting there on your bench doing nothing for a long period of time (maybe culling him in Round 9 when he has his bye). As much as he's hard to pass up, my opinion is that if you haven't structured your Rucks to have Witts on-field, then it's probably not worth trading him in. Just my view, happy for peeps to disagree.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Matt Crouch to WHE, very nervous about Crouch, finding plenty of the ball but going 2-3 HBs to 1 Kick, on the other hand Crows drawn is pretty soft after this week.

Reactions: cactus