Tour de France

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
With the trade amnesty coming up I'm trying to work out what the best balance is.

I can make 5 trades, and thus keep Sagan/Cavendish/Froome/Rolland in and then just take a few out on the trade amnesty day for the rest of the week, with 3 trades remaining in the bank, or I can make less trades or make more. It's hard to find the right balance.
Yes as much as seems like a great idea, i think it's made it harder to work out what to do.
I was just going through the same process.
#deflategate

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thinking of using 3-4 transfers to today building a team of climbers, then the amnesty to finish it off. Then using the remaining trades later to bring back my sprinter.
As Grater was saying it's going to be a bit of a balancing act and i think the amnesty thing will catch a few coaches out (well i hope so).

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Looking at Valverde, Martin & Costa for Sagan, Kittel & Groenewegan at this stage.
Give me some of the better climbers and some coin in the bank too.
Then tomorrow might dump Canvendish & Kristoff and some cheapy's for the climb with the intention to bring back my sprinter for the flat stages with 2-3 transfers for the rest of this block.
Decisions, decisions.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Killer stage tonight.
As a cyclist who hates hills, I'm in awe of these guys.

Reactions: doddy2731

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Good stage for me. Curious to see if I move into the top 100. I was 120. The only downside was Rolland crashing and not coming top 20 when he was on going to.

Froome - 1st
Rodriguez - 3rd
Kreuziger - 5th
Meintjes - 13th

Might have to consider trading Rolland out but he might scrape into top 20 tomorrow. The 4 above should be in the top 20 as they were the top riders coming over the top of the climb. Can't drop Sagan/Cavendish yet because one is in Green and the other might take green. So can't afford Quintana. I have 4 trades left for the week, so can't burn 2 to get him in just for one stage, so I won't.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
As I'm high up there, I may as well start thinking about a plan for the next week.

Plan over the coming week.

Amnesty

Edet for a sprinter - Shane Archbold or Jeremy Roy.
Rolland for a sprinter - Edward Theuns

If I go for the sprinter, that leaves me with 2.5 million. If I go with Roy (he can time trial so it might be just best bringing him in in case the sprinters teams are tired), I will have 3 million in the cap.

Sagan, Cavendish, Froome, Laporte, Theuns and Archbold if I have him will score me points assuming Tuesday and Wednesday are sprints.

That leaves me with Kreuziger, Rodriguez, Meintjes, Froome and the Green Jersey to score me points for the MTF up Ventoux on Thursday.

I'll have 2.5 or 3 million in the bank.

I'll have 4 trades up my sleeve so I'll do the following.

Cavendish or Sagan for Porte - 3.5/4million left or 4/4.5 million left
Theuns for Van Garderen - 1.5/2 million left or 2/2.5 million left

Then for the time trial

Rodriguez for Martin - both the same price
Meintjes for Dennis or Kelderman

Although I'd really like BMC for the time trial and for the Thursday stage in case Van Garderen and Porte both finish top 5. You have Dennis as well for the time trial so BMC could have 3 riders in the top 5 for that time trial.

I could try and use the Amnesty to get BMC.

I could use the Amnesty and take Roy and Theuns and Dimension Data to BMC. That will leave me with .5 million. Hope that Sagan doesn't get Green and if he doesn't, I can trade him for Porte and still afford Van Garderen ahead of Thursday's stage. If not, I can afford Van Garderen as Dennis is cheaper than Meintjes, but the downside is that I don't have Van Garderen for the Ventoux stage.

Either way, I think I have myself set up well for the next week.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I went down unfortunately, but still inside top 200.
As my outsiders didn't perform at all, need to look at some proven riders to get me moving in the right direction again.
So does the amnesty start today? The way the window reads, it seems we can use it before the next 2 lockouts, is that right?

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
The amnesty only opens on the rest day. But wait until it says you have unlimited trades or whatever before you trade.

My advice is to do what I did above and start thinking about what to bring in. After the rest day until the next trade period you have;

A stage 50/50 for the spinters/breakaway
A sprint stage
A GC climbing stage
A time trial

As for the proven riders, look at the riders that finished together. Most of them were together at the top of the climb so that might suggest that it could be that way for mountain top finishes.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
You're right, the Amensty period says 3:00am Sunday to 7pm Monday, but I don't think that's right as it's not the rest day. I'm pretty sure its 3:00am Monday to 7pm Monday.

It says I have 4 trades instead of unlimited - so I'm not game enough to make a trade yet. I'll wait until tomorrow considering it says rest day.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
You're right, the Amensty period says 3:00am Sunday to 7pm Monday, but I don't think that's right as it's not the rest day. I'm pretty sure its 3:00am Monday to 7pm Monday.

It says I have 4 trades instead of unlimited - so I'm not game enough to make a trade yet. I'll wait until tomorrow considering it says rest day.
I made 3 trades this morning and they didn't get counted toward the trades i had made yesterday. So i'm unsure what to make of it. After the 3 i made today it still reads 5.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Having read all the above posts I went back to re-read the rules and decided that I'd try my luck with a trade just in case the 3.00am Sunday was for real.
I have now made 3 trades without them getting counted.
Brought in Aru, Mollema and Kreuziger.
Only kept Cav of the sprinters.

Last edited:
Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
That's fine by me, so @Rupert who do we load up on?
No sure ideas.
The next few stages to the end of this group of 8 transfers are: mntn, rest, break-away, sprint, mntn, ITT, sprint
I've picked mostly GC guys for now: Froome, Quintana, Aru, D Martin, Mollema and Kreuziger. I might have picked Yates if he hadn't had that crash - although he still looks OK.

As I have 7 trades left my next trades will probably be:
2 x sprinters before stage 11, 2 x sprinters out and GC in for stage 12, 2 x TT guy for stage 13, 1 x sprinter for stage 14.
I'll keep Cav and Froome through it all but which GC I drop will depend on form.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I just tested it out. Just in case I made the trades to who I was going to make them to at the end of the week anyway. Done 2 trades and still have 4.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
It's a damn free for all!!
Thinking of loading I p with climbers for tonight then make the changes required for the remaining block in the morning before the amnesty finishes.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Yeah, that's the way to do it Doddy. I'm just concerned they realise the fuck up and decide to take it out of our trades tomorrow or something.