Tour de France

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Well done, doddy.
O might give it a go next year - if you can explain it in a reasonably simple way. Too much for me this year.

Tough probably not the right word to use, different suits it a little more closely.
You have 4 selections to make for each stage, but you must select your riders from a pool of rider that the developers think are closely matched.
Then depending on the stage you pick 1 team leader, 1/2 or a combination of sprinter/climber or both and a wildcard.
So your team leader is your top GC riders, second pool are your better sprinters/climbers then there is a lower pool for your 3rd pick then your 4th pool is the wildcards selected riders with a chance to finish well.

Unlike previous formats where you look ahead and plan for stages, trades and salary cap, this dictates who to choose from a selected pool so you cant grab the best riders in one team only the ones that you have been given to you to choose from.

Reactions: Rupert

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
It's that time of the year again, it really did sneak up quickly.
Is anyone / has anyone put together or found a comp to participate in?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
There is an official TdF fantasy game this year I'd like to try:
https://www.letour.fr/en/news/2018/tour-de-france-launches-its-fantasy-game/1268629
It looks fairly straightforward: 8 cyclists divided into categories; 1 transfer on each of the rest days; new "c" each stage worth double points
I'd prefer more transfers but at least you get a couple.

Might it be worth starting a new thread in the General Discussion area or are you happy being 36 pages in?
If we call it " 2018 Tour de France Fantasy", say it might grab the interest of people more than the current one does? It will also help me navigate the posts easier once the tour starts.

Last edited:

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
There is an official TdF fantasy game this year I'd like to try:
https://www.letour.fr/en/news/2018/tour-de-france-launches-its-fantasy-game/1268629
It looks fairly straightforward: 8 cyclists divided into categories; 1 transfer on each of the rest days; new "c" each stage worth double points
I'd prefer more transfers but at least you get a couple.

Might it be worth starting a new thread in the General Discussion area or are you happy being 36 pages in?
If we call it " 2018 Tour de France Fantasy", say it might grab the interest of people more than the current one does? It will also help me navigate the posts easier once the tour starts.

Sounds good.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Sounds good but I’m out this year. Heading to Singapore, Malaysia & Darwin in 9 days, for 2 weeks.

Good luck to all and I’ll definitely be watching.