Top 6 Defenders (from now)

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Who do you guys reckon will be the top 6 defenders from here till the end of the season?

Feel like Shaw will keep going, have my concerns with Hodge & McDonald, not sure these intercept markers can keep it up, maybe the mids with Def status might start to come to the fore, Yeo for example.

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Im going to go with who my 6 DEF players are as of this weekend (fingers crossed)
Shaw, Higgins, Taylor, Burgoyne, B.Smith
and finally..
Malceski
Im bringing him in this week as a huge risk. Looked GREAT coming on as the sub on the weekend and i hope being the sub has lit a fire in the belly

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Mals Points Per Minute was very good at 1.1, happy to have a look at him this week don't see much difference between him and Smith

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Mals Points Per Minute was very good at 1.1, happy to have a look at him this week don't see much difference between him and Smith

yea thats what i thought
he has a BE of 114 - but im bringing him in this week with the hope that he hits his BE

I have B.Smith too so im hoping they both fire this week

With Lever a possible in for the Crows this could mean more points for B.Smith

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Newnes should be top 6 defenders for the rest of the season I think, last 7 weeks he's averaged 97 and that includes a 50 score... Everybody jumped off at the start of the year but I'm prepared to say he's capable of a top 6 defender or atleast top 10

Picken, Murphy and Houli surely get a mention in the same conversation

at the moment my defenders are Shaw, Higgins, Docherty, Newnes, Houli and one to bring in this week (probably Hibberd)

Reactions: @wheels_1987

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
yea thats what i thought
he has a BE of 114 - but im bringing him in this week with the hope that he hits his BE

I have B.Smith too so im hoping they both fire this week

With Lever a possible in for the Crows this could mean more points for B.Smith

I don't think Lever will influence Brodie's scoring at all, the only thing that can help him is himself, he's getting the stats but going at a really horrible efficiency in recent weeks, if that improves then he'll be an elite scorer again

Reactions: Dino

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Newnes should be top 6 defenders for the rest of the season I think, last 7 weeks he's averaged 97 and that includes a 50 score... Everybody jumped off at the start of the year but I'm prepared to say he's capable of a top 6 defender or atleast top 10

Picken, Murphy and Houli surely get a mention in the same conversation

at the moment my defenders are Shaw, Higgins, Docherty, Newnes, Houli and one to bring in this week (probably Hibberd)

Yea i have liked newnes. However I have not had him in my team at all this season. I remembered back to 2014 season when everyone was hyping Jimmy Webster and he became a turd in my underpants. I was weary and at the start of this season i was happy in not picking him, however now he is finding form, so for those who had him and stuck fat, good job!!!

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
There were times I wanted rid of Newnes but in hindsight he really wasnt doing that bad least not in my horrid defence

Reactions: J-Dog

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Malceski
Im bringing him in this week as a huge risk. Looked GREAT coming on as the sub on the weekend and i hope being the sub has lit a fire in the belly

Buyer beware. He has a break even of 114 and has been sub in each of the last two games despite having a week's rest with the bye in the middle.

He's on my radar but I'd like to see him play at least one full game prior to bringing him in and is certainly be waiting for sub announcements prior to doing the trade.

Reactions: @wheels_1987

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
on the topic of defenders Yarran is a bargain down to 370k now with a 20 BE, excluding his injured game and the game he got suspended in he's averaging 90, your thoughts?

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Buyer beware. He has a break even of 114 and has been sub in each of the last two games despite having a week's rest with the bye in the middle.

He's on my radar but I'd like to see him play at least one full game prior to bringing him in and is certainly be waiting for sub announcements prior to doing the trade.

I am getting him for a couple of reasons
1) i am HOPING he gets a full game and hits or gets a 90+ point game
2) POD
3) Last bye round KILLED me! Went from rank 7,000 to 14,000 in one week
4) I am going NUTS this season!

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I am getting him for a couple of reasons
1) i am HOPING he gets a full game and hits or gets a 90+ point game
2) POD
3) Last bye round KILLED me! Went from rank 7,000 to 14,000 in one week
4) I am going NUTS this season!

Yeah I've got some issues too. There's not a lot of points between the upper rankings so don't stress too much as you might be able to climb back up with on really good week (the trick is then staying there!).

I think Malceski will drop more in value which is one consideration but it's the possibility of him not playing a full game or simply scoring poorly on top of losing value that's concerning.

I am going to wait until he's ridiculously cheap and has given me a bit more confidence in his scoring ability. It will be interesting to see how he goes alongside of Saad and Kolodjashnij who are probably playing that similar type of rebounding role.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Eski hasnt scored above 80 this year from 6 games. I think FG is right to suggest waiting to see some scoring potential there before moving on him. He isnt playing in a top 2 team this year so there are a lot less points up for grabs even if he capable of hitting form.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I should really be upgrading my defense but I can find any confidence in any of them outside of Shaw who's a bit expensive

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Sidewaysed Taylor to Hodge, potentially iffy trade in the long run but rolling the dice that Hodge won't get rested, injuried, suspended ect, The DPP swung it in the end,

Looking to turn either Hamling or Pearce into Shaw at some point which would leave my back six as
Hodge, Shaw, Docherty
Newnes, Kolo, McGoven