Top 6 Defenders (from now)

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Sidewaysed Taylor to Hodge, potentially iffy trade in the long run but rolling the dice that Hodge won't get rested, injuried, suspended ect, The DPP swung it in the end,

Looking to turn either Hamling or Pearce into Shaw at some point which would leave my back six as
Hodge, Shaw, Docherty
Newnes, Kolo, McGoven
(very similar to my backs at the moment haha, only 2 differences, I have Yarran not McGovern and Higgins not Kolo)
It's a very nice backline mate, hopefully you can get that last upgrade done quickly because that's a lot of points difference each week between Hamling and Shaw. and I hope you did that sideways trade before Taylor had his bye, that way would've made a potentially iffy trade into a very good decision

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Shaw, Houli, Yeo, Birchall, Docherty, Saad

Well I hope so because they are my defs.

In reality

Hodge, Shaw, Enright, Houli, Rampe and Ibbotson
The last two a bit left field but both teams have an easy run home and can see those two marking loose kicks, running link up lays and hitting targets.

Seriously considering both

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It looks to me that the intercept mark KP types are going to stagnate and the Rebounders/Mids seems to be taking over, look at Murphey, Rampe, Kolo, Newnes, even Smith and Malcheski are getting the ball now just butchering it,

Nothing I can do about it now but I'm concerned about Mcgoven in my Defence.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Everyone laughed at me at the start of the season when i said Rampe would be up in the top 10 defenders.

Once again wish i stuck with my gut.
good effort haha, I made my brother get Rampe because I wanted to know someone who had him but wasn't gutsy enough to take him myself haha

Reactions: doddy2731 and Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Read on Twitter that Hibbard attended 9 centre bounces in the last quarter this last week, I've been thinking about bringing him in for a while now for reasons I won't get into again,I'm not actully sure more mid time would be that good for Hibbard though.

rickjames7

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ballarat
Read on Twitter that Hibbard attended 9 centre bounces in the last quarter this last week, I've been thinking about bringing him in for a while now for reasons I won't get into again,I'm not actully sure more mid time would be that good for Hibbard though.
Team getting polaxed by over 100 points usually try different things. Don't be surprised if Hibbo doesn't attend one more centre bounce for the year

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
This Hamling injury has thrown a spanner in the works, perfect world he'd be Shaw in 2 weeks but now I've got to turn him into a -450k defender... Who? No idea, go with my gut on Hubbard, make a punt on Smith (pocket some cash too), Rance, Wood, Yeo, McDonald, even Thurlow or Yarran

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Smith must be due ... has a reason this week as well ...

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
This Hamling injury has thrown a spanner in the works, perfect world he'd be Shaw in 2 weeks but now I've got to turn him into a -450k defender... Who? No idea, go with my gut on Hubbard, make a punt on Smith (pocket some cash too), Rance, Wood, Yeo, McDonald, even Thurlow or Yarran

I think Rance and Hibberd are the best too consider. McDonald is done, and has dropped back into the pack (your back-line is a POD without him as he is in 19.4% of teams). Yeo is too expensive, Thurlow isn't that impressive, Yarran has some promise and at $400k and 1.6% could be a nice POD at D6, Wood is similarly decent but at $460k meh.

Rance is the pick of the bunch for me (I'll be going Saad to Rance). $418k, has 3-4 years of averaging 84-88 (88 last year), has a defined role in his team and is proven capable of those 110+ scores with 5 of them this year.

I like Hibberd and he was my original target, but with Essendon mixing things up a bit, I can't see that being positive for his scoring.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I think Rance and Hibberd are the best too consider. McDonald is done, and has dropped back into the pack (your back-line is a POD without him as he is in 19.4% of teams). Yeo is too expensive, Thurlow isn't that impressive, Yarran has some promise and at $400k and 1.6% could be a nice POD at D6, Wood is similarly decent but at $460k meh.

Rance is the pick of the bunch for me (I'll be going Saad to Rance). $418k, has 3-4 years of averaging 84-88 (88 last year), has a defined role in his team and is proven capable of those 110+ scores with 5 of them this year.

I like Hibberd and he was my original target, but with Essendon mixing things up a bit, I can't see that being positive for his scoring.
Smith is a "no comment"?

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Smith is a "no comment"?

Was keen on him, waiting for the price drop. Hasn't turned it around despite concussion/head injury affected scores.

Realistically Smith has only had 1 season of good scoring, last year with 93.5. That was last year under a different coach.

This year he hasn't backed it up, and Laird seems to be that back line option for Adelaide. His cheap price has sucked a lot of people in, don't go near him.