SC 2021 Pre Season Chat

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Anyone concerned about Paddy Dow starting on the bench?

Ok so tthat was a dumb question really - for some reason my Supercoach had an orange dot next to Dow (notes said “named on extended bench”). Of course when I refreshed the page the dot was green. Not sure why - perhaps a glitch? But he obviously played.

Sky Valley

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 1, 2015
I rarely had Dow out of my team but decided to drop him last minute for more cash and flexibility in light of more rookies turning up. Content I left him and Cripps out. Cripps will pull out some big scores but based on the last 2 seasons I'm confident he'll have numerous sub 100s to bring his value back down. Dow may turn out better than some of the rookies I'm bringing in but his cash gets me a more established 12th premium. Walsh looking the best of Cripps, Rowell and Taranto. I've had Taranto in but gone cold on him and Walsh may have been the better 12th premo. Another $600k mid premo weakens my mix of rookies and mid pricers.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Last minute changes???

Currently have Wehr as D8. He wasn't picked and I already have Highmore & Kosi (E).

Because we can still make changes without affecting our overall trades for the year, I was thinking of swapping Wehr to Lachie Young ($202k D/M) from North.

Young has been in the AFL system for a few years - just didn't get much of a chance at Bulldogs.

His DPP provides some extra flexibility too- I currently have Laird & Clark in back and Sharp on Mid Bench.

Although named in back pocket I think he's going to be used as a running DEF.

I figure if he doesn't work out then I can downgrade him to someone else. There's not a lot of DEF rookies anyway.

Anyone think this is a totally crazy idea?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Last minute changes???

Currently have Wehr as D8. He wasn't picked and I already have Highmore & Kosi (E).

Because we can still make changes without affecting our overall trades for the year, I was thinking of swapping Wehr to Lachie Young ($202k D/M) from North.

Young has been in the AFL system for a few years - just didn't get much of a chance at Bulldogs.

His DPP provides some extra flexibility too- I currently have Laird & Clark in back and Sharp on Mid Bench.

Although named in back pocket I think he's going to be used as a running DEF.

I figure if he doesn't work out then I can downgrade him to someone else. There's not a lot of DEF rookies anyway.

Anyone think this is a totally crazy idea?

I note Young is now named at CHB....

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I note Young is now named at CHB....
Having 30 play I think has to be the goal Rd 1, unless you have a tactical donut/someone picked you are super keen on that will play Rd2/the VC on Gulden.

So seems sensible to me, with rookies few and far between, having a player at $200k with JS (I don't know what his is actually like fyi), makes sense to me, unless you are confident of your other defenders getting a game each week and want/don't have a donut loophole already (and one that could end up playing at some point).

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Having 30 play I think has to be the goal Rd 1, unless you have a tactical donut/someone picked you are super keen on that will play Rd2/the VC on Gulden.

So seems sensible to me, with rookies few and far between, having a player at $200k with JS (I don't know what his is actually like fyi), makes sense to me, unless you are confident of your other defenders getting a game each week and want/don't have a donut loophole already (and one that could end up playing at some point).

Young scored about 80 = pretty happy with that :)