Rucks

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So who are we all locking in?
Is Grundy going to be able to back up his stellar season, and will Pruess impact Gawn?

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I'm looking at going 1 prem and 1 cashy this season in the ruck. Last season I took Gawn and Stef, this season I'm locking in Grundy and with possibly Darcy Fort from the Cats pending his JLT form, another I'm looking at is Archie Smith from the Lions after hearing of Stefs possible time up forward.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
English & Mumford at that 300-340K range & Clarke & Fort at the rookies prices the biggest watches in JLT.

Reactions: Drumpf

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So this is unlikely to happen but I'm toying with the idea, If Clarke is named No1 ruck (probably if Bellchambers is injured for a while) & Fort as Geelong's No1 ruck, running with both of them at R2 & R3 & leaving enough cash in the bank to go to Mumford, English, Longer or Vardy if disaster strikes.

Drumpf

Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2018
Melbourne
So this is unlikely to happen but I'm toying with the idea, If Clarke is named No1 ruck (probably if Bellchambers is injured for a while) & Fort as Geelong's No1 ruck, running with both of them at R2 & R3 & leaving enough cash in the bank to go to Mumford, English, Longer or Vardy if disaster strikes.

Great in theory but massively risky...

What are our thoughts on Goldy as R2?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So more doubt thrown into the mix with talk out of the Saints camp, Longer will miss the start of the season with some kind of hamstring issue.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So more doubt thrown into the mix with talk out of the Saints camp, Longer will miss the start of the season with some kind of hamstring issue.
I knew he had some hamstring issue but missing matches?
Latest on the web-site: "Ruckman Billy Longer is recovering well after hamstring tightness"

After further searching I found confirmation: on the Saints latest injury report video they say Longer is likely to miss rnd.1 and start rnd.2.

Last edited:

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Finding rucks my most difficult choice at the moment.

Not keen on starting with Grundy/Gawn but can't really mount a worthwhile case for anyone else. Hopefully becomes clearer over the pre-season.

Reactions: Drumpf

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
I am going for Goldy at R2. I feel the clubs vote of confidence in him getting rid of Pruess and the fact that he is leaner and has had a good preseason. Can’t go past him at the price.

I don’t think Grundy and Gawn will be able to back up 127+ averages. I think both will come back to 115-120. If you could only pick one which would you choose? Grundy or Gawn?

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I am going for Goldy at R2. I feel the clubs vote of confidence in him getting rid of Pruess and the fact that he is leaner and has had a good preseason. Can’t go past him at the price.

I don’t think Grundy and Gawn will be able to back up 127+ averages. I think both will come back to 115-120. If you could only pick one which would you choose? Grundy or Gawn?
It's a great question. Gawn has the Preuss Factor (PF) clouding him a little bit, whereas Grundy doesn't. You could easily make a case for either. It might come down to how 'real' you think the PF is.

Reactions: Azza Jones

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
It's a great question. Gawn has the Preuss Factor (PF) clouding him a little bit, whereas Grundy doesn't. You could easily make a case for either. It might come down to how 'real' you think the PF is.

Yeah I don’t think it’s going to be as much of a factor as people think. I mean the only reason Preuss was talked about so much was that Goldy was in poor form and out of shape.

Pruess will purely be a backup to Gawn. I am leaning on picking Gawn, kinda a little worried over the injury concerns over Grundy in the preseason.

Reactions: keffa

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
What’s doing my head in is the lack of viable alternatives to Grundy and Gawn. There’s not much value to be had anywhere (except maybe Mummy) but he’s out til Round 3 and has injury risk. The Rookies Smith, Clarke and Fort all have massive question marks over job security and/or scoring potential. If Clarke is picked Round 1 for the Dons it’ll be hard not to have him at R3. I’m interested in what people think about not having a Ruck/Fwd donut this year as a Captain loophole option?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What’s doing my head in is the lack of viable alternatives to Grundy and Gawn. There’s not much value to be had anywhere (except maybe Mummy) but he’s out til Round 3 and has injury risk. The Rookies Smith, Clarke and Fort all have massive question marks over job security and/or scoring potential. If Clarke is picked Round 1 for the Dons it’ll be hard not to have him at R3. I’m interested in what people think about not having a Ruck/Fwd donut this year as a Captain loophole option?

Trade Clarke out for a loophole option when he has made enough cash as you would any other rookie.
It's normal to have players missing every week so in the meantime cross your fingers that the missing player's match schedule suits your captain loophole options.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Trade Clarke out for a loophole option when he has made enough cash as you would any other rookie.
It's normal to have players missing every week so in the meantime cross your fingers that the missing player's match schedule suits your captain loophole options.
The calm collected voice of experience!

Reactions: TomCat