Round 7 discussion & trades

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Hope some of you were smarter than me and jumped on Ross last week!

I’m looking at bringing in two Bulldogs - Butters and Shultz to Hayes and Daniel

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hope some of you were smarter than me and jumped on Ross last week!

I’m looking at bringing in two Bulldogs - Butters and Shultz to Hayes and Daniel
Hately dropped really threw a spanner in the works! If I knew he wasn't going to play then I would have taken Ross.

You confident Shultz will be around for a while?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Hately dropped really threw a spanner in the works! If I knew he wasn't going to play then I would have taken Ross.

You confident Shultz will be around for a while?
Exact same situation for me, shocking week to have a Wednesday game.

Actually the opposite, don’t think he’ll break back in for a while. I stupidly brought him in for Balta after Rd 1, wasted trade but just have to suck it up and keep moving forward

Reactions: Steve

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
How is the job security of Hayes? Whose spot has he taken at the doggies?
He came in when Duryea and Suckling went out. Seems like he’s been playing mostly wing. His JS is far from rock solid but there don’t seem to be many options so I’m willing to take the plunge

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I'm struggling to find a trade to make this week that makes sense (injuries/selection pending), have a couple of rookies not play last round but could get recalled/have a solid game, a few with a bad score to cycle out, but all could easily still gain $50k+ more before byes.

There simply isn't any compelling rookies to bring in, I thought it was too early to go after Baker/Ross last week, especially knowing that Hately would be a prime target this week...lol, kinda wish I had now. Hayes has to be the best option but not sure it is worth a trade unless you think a rookie you have will not get a game over coming weeks. If there was rookies scoring well and on the bubble I would be trading, but there isn't.

I think cash generation this season has suddenly gotten very tough and may not improve soon, interesting to see how those who wait vs those who chase cash plays out throughout the season. Usually aggressively trading to chase cash early ends badly over the course of the season, perhaps this is the year that chasing allows you to get far enough ahead overall as those who wait as they could be waiting a while and run out of time to catch up.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Dunny29
I'm in the same position: no rookies worth culling and only Hayes at all enticing.
So I'm holding my trades and hoping, really hoping, that I don't fall too far behind.

Reactions: Dunny29

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
@Dunny29
I'm in the same position: no rookies worth culling and only Hayes at all enticing.
So I'm holding my trades and hoping, really hoping, that I don't fall too far behind.
Yup, I thought at first it was easy and obvious trades for me this week - until I checked the BEs.
Team lineups will be the most likely decision maker for me this week.

Reactions: Centroprise

Andrew Singh

May 31, 2018
Trade I am looking at is Butters to Hayes and Collins to Sicily. Bit annoying trading out butters with a 22 BE but only used 28 trades before this week. Already have laird, TK and Fyfe and can't quite afford laird so Sicily seems the next best choice to upgrade my team. Thoughts?

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I’m looking to do 2 upgrades this week. Have 26 trades and enough cash to go Libba to Fyfe and Jordan Clarke DEF to Caleb Daniel (via DPP). I figure Fyfe is as cheap as he is likely to be for some time. Libba has cashed up and was never going to be keeper anyway. Any thoughts / feedback / reality checks appreciated.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I’m looking to do 2 upgrades this week. Have 26 trades and enough cash to go Libba to Fyfe and Jordan Clarke DEF to Caleb Daniel (via DPP). I figure Fyfe is as cheap as he is likely to be for some time. Libba has cashed up and was never going to be keeper anyway. Any thoughts / feedback / reality checks appreciated.
Both sound pretty solid. What rookies does that leave on field?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Anyone who has Fyfe, looking for a midfield upgrade this week. Give strong consideration to Josh Kelly, been building nicely the first few weeks without setting the world on fire. He has a high floor/high ceiling (hasn't scored below 80 since 2016), only in 3.4% of teams and has a very juicy run the next 9 weeks:

Saints (H)
Hawks (A)
Blues (H)
Dees (A)
Suns (H)
Crows (A)
North (A)
Bombers (A)
Lions (H)

Obviously the injury risk is a concern but if you want a POD that could pay big dividends look no further

Shack

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 14, 2017
Sydney
I think Liber to Fyfe is a good move. Feels a bit like a side swap at the prices but a definite upgrade in my view. Unfortunately I do not have the cash and would have to trade Atkins to Hayes to do Liber to Fyfe - and not sure that forced rookie trade is worth the move.

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
My season is in tatters at the moment.

Missed on Ross & Baker, stuck with Balta, Burgess & Scott, traded Heeney to Kelly, traded Mills to Newman who is now out for 3 weeks, didn't start Collins.

At a loss at how I get myself going from here, I'm currently ranked 26k. Thinking I need to try and find some value somewhere, at this stage I'll be looking to go Atkins > Hayes and Newman > Crisp. Will leave me with 115k in the bank to chase another upgrade next week.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
27 Trades and 146k. Would appreciate your trade thoughts?

Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Both sound pretty solid. What rookies does that leave on field?

FWD rookies would be Drew & Parker on field. Pertecelle and Bines on bench.
DEF rookies would be Scrimshaw, Ridley and Dursma for this week due to Whitfield injury :-(. Burgess is other bench.

Reactions: J-Dog

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Anyone who has Fyfe, looking for a midfield upgrade this week. Give strong consideration to Josh Kelly, been building nicely the first few weeks without setting the world on fire. He has a high floor/high ceiling (hasn't scored below 80 since 2016), only in 3.4% of teams and has a very juicy run the next 9 weeks:

Saints (H)
Hawks (A)
Blues (H)
Dees (A)
Suns (H)
Crows (A)
North (A)
Bombers (A)
Lions (H)

Obviously the injury risk is a concern but if you want a POD that could pay big dividends look no further

Great alternative. FYI Fyfe has rd 12 bye. Kelly is Rd 14. I have a few GWS players already so leaning more towards Fyfe just for team balance at the moment.

Reactions: Haychh

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I'm struggling to find a trade to make this week that makes sense (injuries/selection pending), have a couple of rookies not play last round but could get recalled/have a solid game, a few with a bad score to cycle out, but all could easily still gain $50k+ more before byes.

There simply isn't any compelling rookies to bring in, I thought it was too early to go after Baker/Ross last week, especially knowing that Hately would be a prime target this week...lol, kinda wish I had now. Hayes has to be the best option but not sure it is worth a trade unless you think a rookie you have will not get a game over coming weeks. If there was rookies scoring well and on the bubble I would be trading, but there isn't.

I think cash generation this season has suddenly gotten very tough and may not improve soon, interesting to see how those who wait vs those who chase cash plays out throughout the season. Usually aggressively trading to chase cash early ends badly over the course of the season, perhaps this is the year that chasing allows you to get far enough ahead overall as those who wait as they could be waiting a while and run out of time to catch up.
I'm now thinking it isn't ridiculous to trade out Libba (104.67) this week if you think you will be by the end of the season, and think you have enough trades at this stage. He has made $187.8k, it's better than most of the rookies so far.

With a score of 71 having 2 weeks to cycle out and having the first bye in Rd 12, he realistically only has 3 price movements to hurt you prior to when you'd likely trade him out by anyway. Meanwhile Fyfe (same bye) has probably bottomed out and although his average isn't fantastic, take out the concussion impacted game and he is averaging 127.25 which is currently 3rd best in the comp, I think it makes sense to pounce while he is possibly cheapest.
Cousins is in a similar situation, out for a week and has the same early bye.
Hayes looks to have job security for the next 2 weeks minimum and possibly longer (Suckling injury 2-4, Duryea 4-6).

I can go Libba & Cousins to Fyfe & Hayes and pocket $110k
or Libba & Scott to Fyfe & Hayes using $20.3k (have $21k)

I could also go Libba & Burgess to Daniel/Laird & Hayes (can DPP Moore), but don't think either are as likely to burn me with high scores/price increases that Fyfe could from here.

I'm liking option one most and I don't see there being great rookie options to bring in next week
Hately might get a game this week, but is no guarantee for next week if Whitfield comes back in.
Scott probably gets another chance or 2 before the byes.
Burgess, well if there isn't anyone to bring in, he is safe by default.
So might not be trading next week anyway.

My team looks so much weaker with Whitfield on the bench no emergency cover there this week!

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I can go Libba & Cousins to Fyfe & Hayes and pocket $110k
or Libba & Scott to Fyfe & Hayes using $20.3k (have $21k)

I could also go Libba & Burgess to Daniel/Laird & Hayes (can DPP Moore), but don't think either are as likely to burn me with high scores/price increases that Fyfe could from here.

I'm liking option one most

Yeah option 1 sounds the best. What other rookies do you have on field in MID. At this stage most people are doing 1 up (in the form of upgrading a rookie) 1 down....so the only thing is I am assuming Cousins was on field before so does Hayes take the on field spot or do you have someone else to move up.

Reactions: Dunny29

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
Looking to upgrade in the back line. I have Whitfield, Crisp and Williams. Is Laird the must have this week or should I go Hurn or Sicily, I'll be just short on $$ for Lloyd. Cheers!