Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Trading rookies when theyre not maxed out is bugging the hell out of me. I can make a case for keeping every rookie but the ones I want to ditch arent worth losing because theres no value (looking at you Pickett). Swallow was a big part of my bye strategy, I think I need to keep him. Hopefully he is better for the rest. As others have mentioned, Im expecting a kick from SPP this week and next with Boak out. So he stays too. WHE still has more cash to make, Im sure of it. But the Pies run doesnt get any easier up til the byes. Parfitt seems to be treading water even if he has got another 40-50k in him.

Maybe I just talked myself into a double down...
Parfitt to Fisher
WHE to Balic

See how SPP goes this week and if hes still not getting the TOG and mid points he should be, then ditch him for Black via Balic, and get a bottomed out Adams in. All good in theory...

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
I dont see why people are trading spp and whe i think theres still value port have a few easy games and with boak out. Whe it was a bit wet not alot of pies played well. For me picket is going to go along with taranto as both arent making cash in for fisher and balic which will earn alot of cash while banking 200k

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Petrevski-Seton > Balic
Pickett>Buddy

I really did want to keep Pickett as that safety net but really now he's been dropped he may very well not come back in for quite a while... Buddy too good value to pass up, can see him going large this week a la Tom Lynch against Carlton

Reactions: cactus

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Agree @Steve doesn't feel quite like they are ready to cull just yet but holding off a week or so may result in limited options. Still not sure on Balic & Fisher as options but as long as they get a few more games it should work out ok.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Greene a better option?
Slow getting back, simon, soz. Laptop on a go slow.

Some like Greene b/c he's in a team that will win plenty games. I think its roller coaster whatever. NRoo and Lynch also options.
Interesting to note a DT fact presented by Fantasy Freako today: "There is a major discrepancy in Nick Riewoldt’s scoring this based on results, averaging 130 points in wins, ranked No.1 at the club, and just 86 points in losses, ranked fifth."

Pick your man. Pay for a ticket. Enjoy the ride!

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
One up One down for me this week. I'm thinking Balic over Fisher but I really liked Hardwick's game on the weekend. Not as flashy a pick as the other two but might offer a solid 60+ average which I'd take at this stage. JS looks good too with him getting games over Duryea.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
All this talk about Buddy... Im a little scared tbh. He hasn't averaged over 100 in 5 yrs (99.9 in 2014 and he is playing for a team that isn't doing too well this year. I know it's buddy but i cant say im too tempted.

Also had everyone gone cold on Yeo after his poor score last game? Anyone see the game? Did it look like a one off? I'm thinking of bringing him in

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
All this talk about Buddy... Im a little scared tbh. He hasn't averaged over 100 in 5 yrs (99.9 in 2014 and he is playing for a team that isn't doing too well this year. I know it's buddy but i cant say im too tempted.

Also had everyone gone cold on Yeo after his poor score last game? Anyone see the game? Did it look like a one off? I'm thinking of bringing him in

I watched it unfortunately, was given the role he had last year which was to run around both fwd line/mid/back line and be a jack of all trades. Hopefully Simpson sees the value in keeping Yeo in the back line which is where he has been dominant. Will be watching the game this week to see if lessons are learnt. If so could be target to for higgins to make way for him.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

You speak so much logic re Buddy then ruin it all by openly admitting to considering Yeo.

:p

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Turner >>>> Balic

WHE >>>> Hardwick

Not convinced on Parsons & Black. They'll be fitting for the one spot all year. Black probably wouldn't have got a game if Parsons hadn't been suspended.

Cam

Mar 11, 2016
Thinking double down this week, bringing in Balic and Fisher. Options for the tradeout are Parfit, Taranto, WHE and SPP. Also have Barrett and Fox on the pine but they have negative break evens. I feel ok about ditching Parfit, he's pretty much maxed out, but the others I'm unsure on. SPP and WHE could make another $60k or so if they get back to their earlier scores and Taranto has hardly appreciated, definitely not scoring near his ability as shown during the JLT. Thoughts on the two rookies I should chop?

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
Thinking double down this week, bringing in Balic and Fisher. Options for the tradeout are Parfit, Taranto, WHE and SPP. Also have Barrett and Fox on the pine but they have negative break evens. I feel ok about ditching Parfit, he's pretty much maxed out, but the others I'm unsure on. SPP and WHE could make another $60k or so if they get back to their earlier scores and Taranto has hardly appreciated, definitely not scoring near his ability as shown during the JLT. Thoughts on the two rookies I should chop?

I have a similar issue, but will be going one up and one down. Parfitt and SPS are mine given how close they are to being maxed. Balic and Hannerbery in (I have 212k in cash, leaving me with 91k). Holding SPP due to Boak out and earlier bye round, WHE has much higher upside as can probably score 80's most week and Taranto I am just hoping for a bigger score as he sits on the bench as an E.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fox has been moved back onto the Sydney rookie list and has a knee injury...he's probably the one to move.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
26 Trades, 140k - I need to make sure I'm trading smartly this week. Advice welcome. 1 or 2 trades?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, P-Pepper, Parfitt (Barrett, Pickett, O'Meara)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Nank, Rough, WHE, Butler (Eddy, Taranto)

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Trading rookies when theyre not maxed out is bugging the hell out of me. I can make a case for keeping every rookie but the ones I want to ditch arent worth losing because theres no value (looking at you Pickett). Swallow was a big part of my bye strategy, I think I need to keep him. Hopefully he is better for the rest. As others have mentioned, Im expecting a kick from SPP this week and next with Boak out. So he stays too. WHE still has more cash to make, Im sure of it. But the Pies run doesnt get any easier up til the byes. Parfitt seems to be treading water even if he has got another 40-50k in him.

Maybe I just talked myself into a double down...
Parfitt to Fisher
WHE to Balic

See how SPP goes this week and if hes still not getting the TOG and mid points he should be, then ditch him for Black via Balic, and get a bottomed out Adams in. All good in theory...
You think Pickett is worth keeping as a donut on the bench even when still having Eddy and Barrett?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
pickett to fisher
swallow to rocky
thats me this week what do u guys think

Reactions: lenny