Round 6 Trades

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Might as well kick it off. Swallow out for sure for either downgrade or upgrade depending upon lineups. Will O'Meara be back? Balic? Parsons potentially from suspension (I think). Zac Fisher for cover potentially and what about Nic Newman, surely after 31 in the NEAFL he doesn't get dropped again!! Oh, the joys of this game.

Main questions are what would you do if the lineups were favourable and not favourable?

Fire away ladies and gentlemen.

volders

Mar 21, 2017
Swallow out for sure? He has a high breakeven because he's 117 is about to fall out of his rolling average. I'd say he's pretty comparable to how much money he can make compared to some other rookies close to their max (SPP, Parfitt, WHE, Marchbank for me) and probably going to outscore them on the field. I'm going to keep him and hope he jags another 100+, more likely to get rid of dead weight like Eddy, Hannan, Pickett, etc.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah I think I'm hanging onto Swallow too, he is more likely to have a big game left in him than a lot of other mid rookie options. I had planned on him being my last mid upgrade due to his early bye, he was going to come in handy during the rest of the bye rounds but he has been underwhelming apart from one game.

SPP goes before Swallow for mine.... But with Boak missing this week, I won't be moving him on just yet. Parfitt might be close to maxed out with his big score moving out of his average. Geelong have a few (supposedly) easy games coming up but I still think he might be the one to go first.

Chewbacca511

Feb 27, 2017
Roughy, Turner, SPP all have high BE and not performing well enough. Can go Turner out, Pickett to FWD get in Fisher and Roughy out to Nank. Or go SPP and Turner to two Downgrades?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Thoughts on getting Buddy in this week?? Still has a relatively high BE of 126 but with some easy games ahead this might be as cheap as he gets all year. I'm expecting Sydney to start turning it on soon, they're too classy to continue playing this poorly, when they start winning it won't be hard for Buddy's 70-80's bumped up to 110-120's

Audacity

Mar 21, 2017
Do you guys get the feeling Swallow is carrying a niggle from that injury 2 weeks ago? Saw him play a bit of the last game. Looked like he was waiting for a lot of outside ball. I wanted to hold him and SPP till at least round 9, but hesitant at the moment. I think SPP has 1 more big score coming and it could be this week against the Lions, especially with the possibility of Boak being out.

Parfitt looked like he played well on the weekend, got plenty of ball but butchered it more times than not. If he tidy's that up, could stay around for a little while longer.

Reactions: Dino and Tandy

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Not a rage trade but an attempt to claw back some ranking. I'm looking at WHE & Steele into Balic (if fit) & Rockliff. To early do you think???

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Thinking I might just sit pat with 100k in bank. Have started the season very well and a little nervy everyone around me will be accelerating their upgrades. It's not a bad problem to have... but the only guys I've even considered trading out are WHE and Pickett.

Jezza Cameron tempts me, but at $480k I think his value isn't amazing. Outside of Nank, Macrae & Dahl we are looking at KPPs to fill out the rest of our forward lines. They're notoriously yo-yo'y so we should be able to snap up a couple of them sub $500k (JJK, TJL, Roo, Jezza, Buddy, Greene (basically a KPP), possibly Tex too.

Reactions: Tandy and cactus

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Trade options taranto out jom out for fisher and i could either go a wines/bont or save some cash and upgrade to a lloyd in def or JPK forward to save a little cash thoughts?

Reactions: cactus

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
thoughts on my team, thinking either double down or sps to balic/fisher, whe to greene/cameron (only going greene or cameron over macrae due to his bye)Screenshot_3.jpg

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Trade options taranto out jom out for fisher and i could either go a wines/bont or save some cash and upgrade to a lloyd in def or JPK forward to save a little cash thoughts?
Wines looks to be having his breakout year, a year after Marcus predicted

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Probably no trades for me this week.

I've already used six trades. I've already got rid of my midpricer problems like Roughy and Jaegar. None of the rookies really look like they have made enough money and maxed out ... I'll probably given them all one more week and maybe bring in Aaron Black next week if he continues to score well and get selected.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Balic in for me if he's named.

Worried we might have too many options next week though. Black, Parsons, Melican and EVW who all look like they have potential to be good pick-ups. Pondering going early on one....

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Regarding Swallow, i dont have him but if he scores 70 he only drops about $10k

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Balic in for me if he's named.

Worried we might have too many options next week though. Black, Parsons, Melican and EVW who all look like they have potential to be good pick-ups. Pondering going early on one....
I'll be avoiding Swans defence rookies from here. Too many of them going around so their JS seems more sketchy than we first thought. Same with EVW I reckon.

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'll be avoiding Swans defence rookies from here. Too many of them going around so their JS seems more sketchy than we first thought. Same with EVW I reckon.
This is my trouble, I don't trust Horse or Scotty

What are your thoughts on the Cats rookies? Room for Black, Parsons and Parfitt??

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This is my trouble, I don't trust Horse or Scotty

What are your thoughts on the Cats rookies? Room for Black, Parsons and Parfitt??
Parfitt seems to have taken Gregson's spot as the small forward/flanker. But he's been good so far so I think it's his spot to lose. Parsons only really came in because of injury to GHS but showed a lot, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get more games. Geelong has a habit of giving new guys a good run at it, but keep in mind that Scooter Selwood is back in the VFL this week or next, and Menegola should be back this week too. I see Lang, Parsons and McCarthy fighting for 2 spots so they might rotate them around a bit.

As for Black, his form warranted selection but we still have Stanley in the VFL. I would say those 2 will be in and out every other week. In saying thst, if he puts up another decent score this week, he will be hard to go past.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Parfitt seems to have taken Gregson's spot as the small forward/flanker. But he's been good so far so I think it's his spot to lose. Parsons only really came in because of injury to GHS but showed a lot, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get more games. Geelong has a habit of giving new guys a good run at it, but keep in mind that Scooter Selwood is back in the VFL this week or next, and Menegola should be back this week too. I see Lang, Parsons and McCarthy fighting for 2 spots so they might rotate them around a bit.

As for Black, his form warranted selection but we still have Stanley in the VFL. I would say those 2 will be in and out every other week. In saying thst, if he puts up another decent score this week, he will be hard to go past.

Lang probably had his best ever game last week I reckon Parsons briefly jumped in front of him in the pecking order.

I didn't notice Black much was surprised to see 20 touches at a good de% & tackles too better footy brain than Stanley (& Kerston it would seem), his spot to lose you'd think.

Reactions: Steve

volders

Mar 21, 2017
No on keen on Hardwick?

Looks like he's locked into the Hawks best 22. Looks a bigger body. Looks more secure than Parsons or Black.

Really depends on Al Clarkson. Is he resigned to playing kids, or does he think Hawks can make the finals? I think a lot of people are wary of his JS.

Reactions: Prospector