Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Lots of fun, eh?
With all Victorian teams playing interstate and new hubs I thought it would be good if we could post whatever we know about who is or isn't traveling - either due to injury or family.
With each club taking their own approach there is little commonality.
Sainters:
"All 45 players, plus coaches, various football staff and family members, will hunker down in Noosa for at least the next month"
That means that even injured players, e.g. Hannebery, Dunstan, will be going.
I think this is a really good sign. The club is all-in on the hub and are unlikely to be badly affected by the changed fixture.
Trade in Sainters with confidence.
Richmond:
Apart from the injured players - Prestia, Nankervis and possibly Lynch - they have said that neither Houli nor Edwards will be leaving Victoria.
This is good news for the chances of some of the lesser lights to get games but not so good news if you have Houli/Nank/Prestia. It also puts trading in Houli right off the agenda.

If anyone can provide insight into how the other clubs are going I, for one, would appreciate a post.

Last edited:

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Lots of fun, eh?
With all Victorian teams playing interstate and new hubs I thought it would be good if we could post whatever we know about who is or isn't traveling - either due to injury or family.
With each club taking their own approach there is little commonality.
Sainters:
"All 45 players, plus coaches, various football staff and family members, will hunker down in Noosa for at least the next month"
That means that even injured players, e.g. Hannebery, Dunstan, will be going.
I think this is a really good sign. The club is all-in on the hub and are unlikely to be badly affected by the changed fixture.
Trade in Sainters with confidence.
Richmond:
Apart from the injured players - Prestia, Nankervis and possibly Lynch - they have said that neither Houli nor Edwards will be leaving Victoria.
This is good news for the chances of some of the lesser lights to get games but not so good news if you have Houli/Nank/Prestia. It also puts trading in Houlli right of the agenda.

If anyone can provide insight into how the other clubs are going I, for one, would appreciate a post.
Like this idea. As far as I’m aware the Dogs have taken their entire list including some young families

Reactions: Seppo and Rupert

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
The Dees as far as I understand have taken their 33 of their list.
About 7 families but I'm concerned that this could go real pear shaped.
Spending this much time with team mates while struggling on field could be a recipe for disaster.
I fir one will only be keeping Tracc, and if I can get to Max I will but they even come with risk especially Tracc.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sounds like Carlton has also brought everyone.

With the news that it might now be 7 games in 32 days rather than the 5 originally thought, I wonder if teams will regret not bringing every fit body?

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Expect lots of "managed" outs over the next few rounds lads. Heavy schedule, sides will probably rotate players.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Expect lots of "managed" outs over the next few rounds lads. Heavy schedule, sides will probably rotate players.
Agreed. It's probably best not to trade anyone in over the age of 27. I made my starting team really young and focused heavily on rookie correction trades in anticipation of this, so hopefully it actually pays off.

Reactions: Prospector

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I wonder if this talk of 8 man benches will start to lower scores as players spend more time on the bench?