Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm happy enough with most of my team. I don't have Lloyd, Neale, Libba or Boak but it's not worth losing cash-making rookies while trying to get them in.
My only problem child is Darling. I was going to hold him but if R Marshall is selected as sole ruck again I will probably bring him in for Darling.
I like Marshall. He does it all - gets possies, marks, tackles. He is the Sainters version of Gawn/Grundy. Not in their class yet but who knows how he will develop. Still played only 2 games as solo ruck and only 15 in total.
The problem is: will Richo and the coaching team persist with Marshall as sole ruck?

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Should i trade Crisp to Lloyd, have enough cash do do so. Or will Crisp be top 8, only other problem is dunkley.
I wouldn't do the Crisp trade. Sure he's had the one bad game but a week ago he had a very good one. If he doesn't end up top-8 he will be close. He was ranked #7 last year.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Should i trade Crisp to Lloyd, have enough cash do do so. Or will Crisp be top 8, only other problem is dunkley.

I have Crisp as well. I’m holding him. He scored 123 in Round 2. I think he will be Top 8.

I went Brodie Smith to Lloyd this week after downgrading Mills in Round 2...

Hold Dunkley as well.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
I have been considering Lachie Neale. I think if you don’t get him this week he will almost be ungettable. He will be 700k soon...

If you don’t have him I think he will hurt you that bad that you won’t be able to win....

Reactions: brandon bui

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
So.. only made one trade so far. Parker in for Greene last week. Not sure if i should not trade this week or go Burgess to Rozee (TU) or Setterfield to Mumford (TD) via DPP with Lobb. Have 316k in bank...

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Traded in T=Kel for Heeney last minute... and from there my round was aweful.

Face the prospect this week of having Fyfe, Rocky and T-Kel on my pine, will be playing catch up already and it's only round 4 :( .

No trades this week just not worth it all my rookies are making cash some quick and some are struggling, a couple could possibly get dropped this wekeend also which will make it even harder this weekend lol.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Traded in T=Kel for Heeney last minute... and from there my round was aweful.

Face the prospect this week of having Fyfe, Rocky and T-Kel on my pine, will be playing catch up already and it's only round 4 :( .

No trades this week just not worth it all my rookies are making cash some quick and some are struggling, a couple could possibly get dropped this wekeend also which will make it even harder this weekend lol.

Did exactly the same thing. Spruiked all week to everyone to hold onto Heeney. Then, like the idiot I am, traded Heeney for Kelly while watching the pregame show on Fox spruiking Kelly’s stats and CBA’s over the first 2 rounds and pulled the trigger!

Then proceeded to watch all my speculative picks spud it up for the rest of the round I.e Westhoff, Darling, Treloar, Crisp, Cousins. Shocker of a round!

Reactions: k-red17

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Did exactly the same thing. Spruiked all week to everyone to hold onto Heeney. Then, like the idiot I am, traded Heeney for Kelly while watching the pregame show on Fox spruiking Kelly’s stats and CBA’s over the first 2 rounds and pulled the trigger!

Then proceeded to watch all my speculative picks spud it up for the rest of the round I.e Westhoff, Darling, Treloar, Crisp, Cousins. Shocker of a round!

Did the exact same with the T-Kel trade brother!

Also good to see someone else riding the Cousins train too :). So far hasn't done badly.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Burgess to Rozee?
Not for me.
The money value in such a trade just doesn't add up.
Burgess is scoring poorly but even if he keeps averaging only 44 is likely to be around $220,000 by his bye, making $70,000.
Rozee had a very good week but how likely is it that he will do that again? The best rookies tend to peak out at about $400,000. If Rozee does that he will have made $140,000.
So a trade that costs $100,000 will net you an extra $70,000. For parity, you would need Rozee to reach $430,000. That would mean that Rozee is averaging around 85ppg.

If Rozee does average that much you probably wouldn't want to trade him. But, again, how likely is it that an 19yo rookie playing primarily fwd will average that much?

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Not for me.
The money value in such a trade just doesn't add up.
Burgess is scoring poorly but even if he keeps averaging only 44 is likely to be around $220,000 by his bye, making $70,000.
Rozee had a very good week but how likely is it that he will do that again? The best rookies tend to peak out at about $400,000. If Rozee does that he will have made $140,000.
So a trade that costs $100,000 will net you an extra $70,000. For parity, you would need Rozee to reach $430,000. That would mean that Rozee is averaging around 85ppg.

If Rozee does average that much you probably wouldn't want to trade him. But, again, how likely is it that an 19yo rookie playing primarily fwd will average that much?
That's my thoughts exactly. I think I'm only thinking about it because i really liked him before JLT and had him until the 11th hour where i swapped him for Burgess when i left others opinions sway me. What have i learnt from this...? Trust your gut. Ha. Thanks mate.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
What are everyone’s thoughts on Dunkley? Lost $22k this week and a BE of 135. Prob lose another $20k this week... thinking of shorting him and using the cash to upgrade a another mid pricer to a true premium

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Also good to see someone else riding the Cousins train too :). So far hasn't done badly.

If stack goes well again I'm thinking of going cousins to stack in round 5, considering I'm currently playing cousins on field. Guess I will see how round 4 goes.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
If stack goes well again I'm thinking of going cousins to stack in round 5, considering I'm currently playing cousins on field. Guess I will see how round 4 goes.

Probably abit to early to let Cousins go mate. I too have him on field. Starting @ over 200k you'd be silly having him on your pine. I'd hold for abit longer. Can probably get Stack in for a slow scoring cashy or if someone gets dropped after this weekends games. Prob a wait and see bud.

Reactions: nawtay

brandon bui

Apr 10, 2019
Probably abit to early to let Cousins go mate. I too have him on field. Starting @ over 200k you'd be silly having him on your pine. I'd hold for abit longer. Can probably get Stack in for a slow scoring cashy or if someone gets dropped after this weekends games. Prob a wait and see bud.

Me too. I have cousin on my bench, waiting to see how he goes this week. Stack do over 100 again, will definately downgrade and save money to bring in whitfield.

brandon bui

Apr 10, 2019
Hi guys, i really want Whitfield on the team.
Thinking of trading b.smith n goldy for Whitfield and mumford.
When Mumford makes money then upgrade him to Grundy. Thoughts!?
I had Constable and Walsh on the bench last week, played cousin and ldu. Should i swap back this week to Con n Wal?
I never get the right combination.

brandon bui

Apr 10, 2019
I have been considering Lachie Neale. I think if you don’t get him this week he will almost be ungettable. He will be 700k soon...

If you don’t have him I think he will hurt you that bad that you won’t be able to win....

Definately get him in, i was lucky to start with him. Was either Neale or Mcrae, but Mcrae was too exy. Choose a Premium thats not doing good and upgrade to Neale ASAP. Hes on an express train, you dont want to miss out.

Reactions: Azza Jones

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hi guys, i really want Whitfield on the team.
Thinking of trading b.smith n goldy for Whitfield and mumford.
When Mumford makes money then upgrade him to Grundy. Thoughts!?
I had Constable and Walsh on the bench last week, played cousin and ldu. Should i swap back this week to Con n Wal?
I never get the right combination.
I wouldn't make that trade. We only have 30 and they are too precious to use up unnecessarily.
On the outs:
B Smith has a 44BE and will make more money. Goldstein has had the one poor score but is there a reason to think his overall scoring will drop off?
On the ins:
Mumford is almost 33 and didn't play last year - we have no idea how he will perform over several rounds. Even if he averages 90 he will still be only about $450,000. That's $200,000+ less than Grundy is likely to be.
Whitfield has had a good 3 rounds but has proven susceptible to a tag. Even if he isn't tagged he is likely to revert to his more normal scoring. If he does keep scoring at around 125SC per week his price will rise to about $625,000. That's only $55,000 more than it is now. He won't necessarily be anymore out of reach than he is now. You can afford to wait and see what happens.

As for the rookies. It looks like you were chasing last week's points. I pick the rookies I think will average the best and leave them on field permanently.