Round 2 VC/C Options

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Hi all, First game tomorrow night so if you are going dusty VC make sure it is on!

Dusty does look the most likely VC option, but I am really digging Cripps vs GC as VC this week. GC had the slog in the wet on the weekend, and if that has any impact on the game, cripps could go as mental as he did last weekend.

cats vs haws is the last game, so any of tmitch/selwood/danger are the best backup C options. However, with so many ball magnets all playing there is a chance someone will suffer as a result.

whats everyone thinking?

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Hi all, First game tomorrow night so if you are going dusty VC make sure it is on!

Dusty does look the most likely VC option, but I am really digging Cripps vs GC as VC this week. GC had the slog in the wet on the weekend, and if that has any impact on the game, cripps could go as mental as he did last weekend.

cats vs haws is the last game, so any of tmitch/selwood/danger are the best backup C options. However, with so many ball magnets all playing there is a chance someone will suffer as a result.

whats everyone thinking?

Yeah Dusty VC will be popular!
Would be super cautious on Titch as a back up as Cats will put a lot of work into him.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Fyfe v Essendon? Crows mids had a field day against the Bombers last week.

I'm keen on Dusty or Cripps as VC but I've got a feeling about Fyfe.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Fyfe v Essendon? Crows mids had a field day against the Bombers last week.

I'm keen on Dusty or Cripps as VC but I've got a feeling about Fyfe.

I like Fyfe this week bud but as a straight Cap will take balz.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Dusty will be the popular pick but I don't mind looking for something different and looking at Goldstein against the Saints for VC, should own Hickey under the roof.

Reactions: Centroprise

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Tempted to VC Billings against Norf instead of Dusty. Gawn to carry the C again.

Northerner

Apr 27, 2017

whats everyone thinking?[/QUOT

Dusty does look the most likely VC option, but I am really digging Cripps vs GC as VC this week. GC had the slog in the

whats everyone thinking?

I’m also looking at Cripps, into Titch. Not many options for me because I have Flynn as the floating donut as I had already played Nank on bench last week before
Dusty will be the popular pick but I don't mind looking for something different and looking at Goldstein against the Saints for VC, should own Hickey under the roof.

I still want to see Goldy another week. Last weak was stoppage central in the wet that played to both rucks. Goldy was good. There is a concern that he doesn’t quite have the tank he had 2 years ago and does seem to be tiring later in quarters and longer the game goes. Can he get back to his previous legendary running capacity? If he can he warrants a corrective trade as he’ll push Gawn for top Ruck and they would be daylight ahead of next group.

Arguably Witts was more impressive as he was cleaner with handling the ball than most of the small, skilled guys and one of the few who was taking marks and not letting the ball slip through his fingers that everyone else was doing. But last week’s game was not a real sample set. I do think he’s shaping as a valid selection this year as he’s got arguably the best solo Ruck JS with the Suns’ plethora of genuine FWD/Rucks in their team.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I am liking the idea of Gawn, but I also like the idea of Kelly - Coll vs GWS into Danger

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I was thinking of Dusty VC then Kelly as my back up captain. Danger as C could be a risk, is he back to 100%??

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I was thinking of Dusty VC then Kelly as my back up captain. Danger as C could be a risk, is he back to 100%??
Tend to agree about Danger, I'd like to see him fully fit and how the midfield dynamic is going to work before I trust him with the C. V/C would be fine, but not the C.

Kelly against the Pies looks like a great C option to me.

Reactions: Captain Danger

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I'm actually thinking the Crows get up tonight and I liked Matty Crouch's GF performance against the Tigers. Alot of contested ball and I'm going with him for VC tonight against Dusty. 2 weeks in a row against the grain having had Cripps up against Dusty last week. Wish me luck!

Reactions: luke394

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I'm actually thinking the Crows get up tonight and I liked Matty Crouch's GF performance against the Tigers. Alot of contested ball and I'm going with him for VC tonight against Dusty. 2 weeks in a row against the grain having had Cripps up against Dusty last week. Wish me luck!
I Hope you didn't mate!