Round 19 Discussion and Trades

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Selfish question here:

I am going for the league, 6 trades left with $300k in bank and 2 rookies left to upgrade. I can pick up Marshall in the FWD line but this would use all my cash, leaving 5 trades left. He is over $600k now, do I have to let him go?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Selfish question here:

I am going for the league, 6 trades left with $300k in bank and 2 rookies left to upgrade. I can pick up Marshall in the FWD line but this would use all my cash, leaving 5 trades left. He is over $600k now, do I have to let him go?
I'd do it.

Go 1 rookie up to Marshall, 1 rookie down to a $102k bench player this week then next week get your final rookie off the field by going 1 up, 1 down again then you've got a full team leading into finals with 2 trades left for injuries over the last 4 weeks.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Selfish question here:

If your going for leagues you need the best, so go get him.
4 trades going into the finals is ideal, your travelling well.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Selfish question here:

Can you afford to wait a week? With a 117BE Marshall is unlikely to go up in price much, if at all.
He faces Gawn and earlier in the year he scored 50 against Gawn. Marshall is a better player now than he was then but that much better?

Is you other upgrade feasible? If so, you can do that this week and Marshall next.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Can you afford to wait a week? With a 117BE Marshall is unlikely to go up in price much, if at all.
He faces Gawn and earlier in the year he scored 50 against Gawn. Marshall is a better player now than he was then but that much better?

Is you other upgrade feasible? If so, you can do that this week and Marshall next.

I decided to bank some cash and bring in Hill from GWS and then finish off my defence with Whitfield.

If Marshall is a viable option next week then I might bring him in. Thanks!

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I only have 3 trades left and about $280k cash. After team selections dropped I have pretty much a full squad with the exception of Harris Andrews (suspended for 1 week only) but plenty of bench cover.

A few options I am considering:
1. Trade Andrews for Whitfield to be full Def premo
2. Upgrade Clarke / Walsh to Zerrett to be full Mid premo
3. Upgrade Mummy to Gawn in Ruck

All trade targets are pretty much cheapest i can get them.

Goong for league wins.

Thoughts?

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015

Shame you can't do all 3! I am also most likely to pull the trigger on option 1. For me it was hold Hurn with his old man calves for a week and turf Andrews for Whitfield. Banking on Hurn coming back the week after as I much prefer the solid scoring of Hurn to the inconsistency of Andrews.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I only have 3 trades left and about $280k cash. After team selections dropped I have pretty much a full squad with the exception of Harris Andrews (suspended for 1 week only) but plenty of bench cover.

Goong for league wins.

Thoughts?

I'd personally be jumping on Gawn ;) those points in the Ruck would be handy.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Goong for league wins.
Thoughts?
That's tough one.
Zerrett has a 67BE which is lower than either Whitfield or Gawn. So his price is likely to increase the most.
But Mumford is the one you'd want to ditch first: neither Clarke or Walsh (or Andrews) are likely to lose money whereas Mummy is; with Preuss dropped Gawn is likely to outscore Mummy by a fair margin.
So Zerrett if money is the main issue, Gawn if points are.
But I think it's a gut thing.

Reactions: nawtay

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I'm not sure.
I'm thinking of going for Gawn as "c" - no Preuss, up against Marshall. He may fail but I'm thinking it's worth the gamble.
Same, you gotta assume most people would have gone set & forget with Grundy as VC. Makes for an interesting captain choice this week. A touch under par, usually the cut off is 125 this season.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Ended up putting the C on Gawn so happy with the extra points. My highest scorer is Cripps so far. Anyone had the C on him? Looking back at his scores it seems like every 4th game he is captain worthy. Wonder what that means for Round 23 haha!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Gawn "c" for me, too.
Cripps is a puzzle. Last week he looked really sore and sorry but then he comes out this week and kills it.