Round 15 Discussion and Trades

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Guess it depends on if you're going for league wins or rank.

Carlton plays Sunday. As Bont plays Saturday night and others like Oliver & Neale on Sunday most should get the chance to look at their emergency's score before deciding if the trade is required.

Sloane is tonight so unless you had the E on Hately or Clarke you won't know the emergency score in time.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So dumb question - is he worth trading to a different value premo (Sloane, Bont)?
I wouldn't think so. I'm not. Trades are limited and unless Cripps misses a lot of games it's not worth it.
Cripps is currently #3 mid on average and has a 74BE. He's probably going to rise in price immediately he returns.
What do you gain? $73,400 and 3 weeks, maybe, of a premium scoring 105/110 instead of a rookie scoring 70? i.e. maybe 3 x 40 = 120 points
But if Cripps returns after 3 wees out he would still have 6 rnds of 120 scoring. i.e. 6 x 10 = 60 points
So, ultimately, you gain the $$$, whoever those $$$ help you bring in, and 60 points.
Or, if Cripps only misses two weeks: (2 x 40) - (7 x 10) = 10 points
Is the trade worth that?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I wouldn't think so. I'm not. Trades are limited and unless Cripps misses a lot of games it's not worth it.
Cripps is currently #3 mid on average and has a 74BE. He's probably going to rise in price immediately he returns.
What do you gain? $73,400 and 3 weeks, maybe, of a premium scoring 105/110 instead of a rookie scoring 70? i.e. maybe 3 x 40 = 120 points
But if Cripps returns after 3 wees out he would still have 6 rnds of 120 scoring. i.e. 6 x 10 = 60 points
So, ultimately, you gain the $$$, whoever those $$$ help you bring in, and 60 points.
Or, if Cripps only misses two weeks: (2 x 40) - (7 x 10) = 10 points
Is the trade worth that?

Makes absolute sense. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Just to clarify, I'm not trading him either, and wouldn't recommend it in most situations. Just making the point that you can at least check your emergency first before making the trade, if you deem it necessary.

Reactions: nawtay

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
So I either cop the Naish donut until Whitfield comes back in, or trade him instead of Answerth, almost certainly leaving me short of upgrading to Sloane next week and no chance getting to full premo with 2 trades left.

Looks like I'll be feasting on a donut this and probably next week

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So I either cop the Naish donut until Whitfield comes back in, or trade him instead of Answerth, almost certainly leaving me short of upgrading to Sloane next week and no chance getting to full premo with 2 trades left.

Looks like I'll be feasting on a donut this and probably next week
That's tough.
Do you really have only the 2 trades left? If so, I reckon you need to save them for injury to premiums. There is sure to be at least 1 x LTI in the 9 rounds remaining.

Reactions: nawtay

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Not happy Jan! Had Kelly as my VC last night. Danger tonight for C. Danger has been gutsy after copping a big knock before half time but this season is killing me! Just can’t take a trick

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Not happy Jan! Had Kelly as my VC last night. Danger tonight for C. Danger has been gutsy after copping a big knock before half time but this season is killing me! Just can’t take a trick
Tough luck. Given Danger's history against the Crows he looked a good choice.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I’m considering upgrading Walsh to Robbie Gray. I have just enough cash to do this one. With Rocky & Cripps injured I am struggling to avoid a donut. I have Drew (M/F) so thinking I might be able to use his DPP as well. Gray as a former premo gives me some hope Any thoughts from the community?

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
That's tough.
Do you really have only the 2 trades left? If so, I reckon you need to save them for injury to premiums. There is sure to be at least 1 x LTI in the 9 rounds remaining.
Have 7 trades left (after a double downgrade from peaked rookies and not quite enough to get Sloane this week), I want to get to full premo with 2 spare, possibly 3 for injury cover. Don't think it's worth blowing one side swapping a rookie for what looks like at most 2 weeks, it may only benefit me 100 points in the short term (50x2, possibly x1 if Whitfield comes back this week which is possible but unlikely), if a few premos get an injury I think that extra trade saved could easily make up what I've lost by being able to side swap premos.

I saw a couple of people in my league cop the same/similar donut this week in defence.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Have 7 trades left (after a double downgrade from peaked rookies and not quite enough to get Sloane this week), I want to get to full premo with 2 spare, possibly 3 for injury cover. Don't think it's worth blowing one side swapping a rookie for what looks like at most 2 weeks, it may only benefit me 100 points in the short term (50x2, possibly x1 if Whitfield comes back this week which is possible but unlikely), if a few premos get an injury I think that extra trade saved could easily make up what I've lost by being able to side swap premos.

I saw a couple of people in my league cop the same/similar donut this week in defence.
Ah, I understand. Sorry I miss-read your original.
I'm hoping for full premium with 3 left. And I'm hoping that's enough to cover injuries.

Reactions: Dunny29