Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Good-by to the byes and hello to the run home.
I hope everyone emerged relatively unscathed and with an (almost) upgraded team full of premiums.
My team is still two back premiums short as I'm planning to bring in Hurn and Whitfield when their prices have dropped. Both have large BEs so it might take another week or two.
Until then I'll loophole two of Logue, Naish and Wilkie - assuming Gardner doesn't get named. Hopefully their scores won't be that far off premium.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Happy with my round/byes on the whole, only copped the one donut (I blame Burgess getting dropped! At this stage happy I held Whitfield, assuming he plays this week or next)

1987 this week, up 2.1k to 11.6k, helped with Grundy C and Begly 95 and getting Macrae & Bont in.
Over the 3 byes I went from 17.9k to 11.6k, was hoping to sneak into the top 10k
Currently projected 2420 before trades, this is probably inflated due to Grundy C/296 though

This week I had planned to get Butters and Gibbons to Sloane
Now thinking Logue and Hind are must haves due to cash generation
So to double downgrade I'd trade Butters and Answerth to them, Gibbons to Sloane next week

My main concern is that if Whitfield doesn't play this week (along with Gardner) that means I need Naish and Answerth/Logue to fill D5/D6. I could be forced to get Logue in and perhaps even cop a donut if Naish is dropped.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
This week I had planned to get Butters and Gibbons to Sloane
Now thinking Logue and Hind are must haves due to cash generation
So to double downgrade I'd trade Butters and Answerth to them, Gibbons to Sloane next week

My main concern is that if Whitfield doesn't play this week (along with Gardner) that means I need Naish and Answerth/Logue to fill D5/D6. I could be forced to get Logue in and perhaps even cop a donut if Naish is dropped.
I brought Logue in last week. I needed the cash and with Pearce out for the season his JS looks assured.
His scoring is a nice bonus. I've no idea if he can keep it up but he does things CD likes: CPs - 10, 10; DE% - 66.7, 88.2; CMs - 2,2; intercepts - 12, 13
If he can keep it up, a big if, he's a very cheap D6.

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
I went up 6748 places during the byes to 5079th. Certainly happy with that.

Still got Hore in defence and a couple of mid-price types in the forward line. I'll look to upgrade them when opportunity presents if injuries don't get in the way.

Went early on Logue (thankfully!) so will probably hold off on trading this week.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I am thinking of waiting a week on Hurn and to get logue in I would need to get rid of Hore or B.Smith and play either Logue or Duursma on field for this week.

Flip of the coin on which of those 2 should make way?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I am thinking of waiting a week on Hurn and to get logue in I would need to get rid of Hore or B.Smith and play either Logue or Duursma on field for this week.

Flip of the coin on which of those 2 should make way?
That's a tough one. I'm glad I don't have either so It's not a decision I have to make.
Hore's recent scoring has been better than Smith's even taking his 49 into account.
The question is: was that 49 a blip or the start of something?
As a general rule I'd suggest you trade the rookie and keep the experienced player.
But Hore isn't your normal rookie: he's 23 yrs old and won 2 B&Fs in Collingwood's VFL side.
And Smith's scoring has been down since Brown returned.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: nawtay

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Thanks for the detailed answer, I am leaning towards keeping Hore at the moment. Do u think May returning will have an impact on him though.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks for the detailed answer, I am leaning towards keeping Hore at the moment. Do u think May returning will have an impact on him though.
Who knows?
I see May as a key defender who can intercept/link whereas Hore is more a 3rd-man-up who can intercept/link. So in theory May's return could feasibly help Hore.
It didn't on the week-end, though. If anything it helped Frost who took a few intercept marks and had 12 intercepts in total.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
What does everyone think about Luke Partker vs. Bont vs. Sloane. If I have the money, does Luke Parker feel worth it?

6 scores in a row over 110 (5 in a row over 120). Only gone under the ton three times this season, two of them were in the first three rounds. At an average of 113.6, he's a top 9 averaging player. top 6 amongst mids. Feels like a nice POD. Thoughts?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
What does everyone think about Luke Partker vs. Bont vs. Sloane. If I have the money, does Luke Parker feel worth it?

6 scores in a row over 110 (5 in a row over 120). Only gone under the ton three times this season, two of them were in the first three rounds. At an average of 113.6, he's a top 9 averaging player. top 6 amongst mids. Feels like a nice POD. Thoughts?

I don't mind Parker, he is a good pod.
This time of the season it's a out taking calculated risk, and this pick is one of those.
The only thing I suggest is look at the Swans finish to the season and Parkers history against those teams.
Good luck

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

I'd recommend avoiding Bont. He seems to be the one WB player to be tagged if any is and that affects his upside.
As for Parker v Sloane.
I think that Parker will probably score better as he is the main Sydney mid where Sloane is just one of a few, But Parker at $632,300 is very pricey.
I'm hoping to bring Parker in as my last (luxury) upgrade. But not until his price drops. Historically, players tend to not be able to keep scoring 120+. Ultimately, his price will drop.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
That's a tough one. I'm glad I don't have either so It's not a decision I have to make.
Hore's recent scoring has been better than Smith's even taking his 49 into account.
The question is: was that 49 a blip or the start of something?
As a general rule I'd suggest you trade the rookie and keep the experienced player.
But Hore isn't your normal rookie: he's 23 yrs old and won 2 B&Fs in Collingwood's VFL side.
And Smith's scoring has been down since Brown returned.
Good luck.

How does Smith go against the Cats at Geelong? Might be a hard trip and impact his scores?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hately named for his third game with Giants. Anyone considering taking him on? Only 9 games left in the season so unlikely to max out his price. Job security is probably questionable as well with Whitfield to come back?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
10 Trades - 125K. May need to keep Duursma so I don't cop an Answerth type score.
Would love your trade advice this week. I was thinking Answerth to Logue and maybe a loophole downgrade in the midfield.
Just struggling to think what trades this week.
Lloyd, Houli. Laird, Sicily, Duursma, Answerth (Burgess, Marsh)
Fyfe, Macrae, Dunkley, Neale, Cripps, Oliver, D Clarke, Bewley (Hately, O Baker, Setterfield)
Gawn, Grundy (Bines)
Danger, T Kelly, Heeney, Boak, R Gray, J Cameron (Gardner, M Parker)

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hately named for his third game with Giants. Anyone considering taking him on? Only 9 games left in the season so unlikely to max out his price. Job security is probably questionable as well with Whitfield to come back?
Yep. I think I'll bring him in.
My mid bench would be: Clarke, Baker and Hately.
If Hately doesn't play I should still have coverage. If he does play his projected price increases make it worth it: rnd.15 -> $230,400; rnd.16 ->$288,000; rnd.17 ->$332,000.
Hind is cheaper and probably has better JS but I think his scoring potential is a fair bit less. His projections: rnd.15 ->$175,800; rnd.16 ->$229,600; rnd.17 ->$258,700.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
After listening to the boys thoughts on Hore I'm thinking about trading him out.
I can use dpp to grab someone at either end. I have 10 trades and $26.5k atm.

Choices are to use 1 and do a straight swap for a value option like Crisp, Mundy or Gresham, who all have their downsides.
Or use 2, probably downgrading Baker, to get in Ryan or Daniel.

I'd prefer to get a Fwd i think but the Doggies last 2 games of the year (where i hopefully will be playing finals) look tough.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Patrick Cripps out - injured :eek:

Apparently about 2 weeks (Source - Jon Ralph on Fox Footy just now)

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Didn't grab hately...just hoping naish is named,,,

please not another cow missed (Hore, OBrien...)