Round 14 Discussion

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Kinda crazy that i was so close to moving Crouch on for Gaz last week.

I know it's painful for some but I think for SC going forward this season Freo's decision to give both Fyfe and Sandi another week seems a great idea, excited to hold on to Fyfe and see what he can do when he returns next Sunday.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
wow bye rounds over back to normal SC, wait nup, no one wants to play this week. And we thought the bye rounds hurt our scores

Reactions: the cranky one

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Kinda crazy that i was so close to moving Crouch on for Gaz last week.

I know it's painful for some but I think for SC going forward this season Freo's decision to give both Fyfe and Sandi another week seems a great idea, excited to hold on to Fyfe and see what he can do when he returns next Sunday.
I wouldn't get too excited about Fyfe yet, remember this is Ross Lyon we're talking about. Sandi was a late out 2 weeks ago and look where we are now :mad:

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I wouldn't get too excited about Fyfe yet, remember this is Ross Lyon we're talking about. Sandi was a late out 2 weeks ago and look where we are now :mad:
Mind you as Sandi is missing i have moved Nank to ruck and have to take Greenwood's bench score

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Has anyone got any more info on Fishers Achilles injury? Named on Thursday when withdrawn on Friday so must be a training mishap, but I can't find any info on the seriousness of it. If it's a precaution for a week then maybe I hang on and try to bleed a little more cash from him but if it's any longer than that then I think he has to go.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Has anyone got any more info on Fishers Achilles injury? Named on Thursday when withdrawn on Friday so must be a training mishap, but I can't find any info on the seriousness of it. If it's a precaution for a week then maybe I hang on and try to bleed a little more cash from him but if it's any longer than that then I think he has to go.
No nothing. Mind you he hasnt set the world on fire so i traded him to Ryan. Now that I have traded him out expect him to score well next week

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Indeed, I don't hold much hope for today though.
It's one of those years though, anything could happen. You would fully expect Geelong and St Kilda to win comfortably but Gold Coast are in decent form. Carlton v Richmond has all the makings of an absolute cracker.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
It's one of those years though, anything could happen. You would fully expect Geelong and St Kilda to win comfortably but Gold Coast are in decent form. Carlton v Richmond has all the makings of an absolute cracker.
No Hall, Barlow or Gaz. Saints should win comfortably but it sort of makes Suns unpredictable and anything could happen the way this season is shaping up.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
It certainly could. Each of the teams today has the potential to play great footy, but also to play complete rubbish.

Cats v Freo - if there's a match set up for Freo to cause an upset this is it. Narrow ground with a well drilled team, albeit low on talent. Can see Freo clogging it up, tagging Jelwood out of the game and causing the upset.
Tigers v Blues - This is set up perfectly for the Blues to cause the upset. But, strangely enough, I actually trust the Tigers this year and they did win comfortably in round 1.
Saints v Suns - Saints are in dire form. They won last week but that's only because the Roos were horrendous and the Saints were only terrible. I actually tipped the Suns, but that's more speculation rather than strong opinion.

Yes anything can happen and if any (or all) of these were upsets I wouldn't be surprised, but I have a feeling the favourites will all get home with 40+ margins.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Would love to see Lynch kick a bag, he needs to stand up today as captain and lead from the front.
I don't know what's going on with Lynch. Visually he looks a shadow of the player he was last year. His stats aren't significantly different except for contested marks (2.8pg down to 1.6) and goals (3.0 down to 2.2). All this despite the Suns being a more competitive unit this year.

Interesting stat - he's gone goalless 3 times this year already in just 12 games. Last year he kicked at least one goal in all 22 games.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane