Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I noticed a few posts regarding rnd.14 trades in the rnd.13 thread that would be better off in a rnd.14 thread so I thought I'd start one.
I'm unsure as to who I should bring in for Macrae.
Port does have a really good run home but unless they win so convincingly each week that their share of the SC 3,300 is around 1,750 I am hesitant to bring in Wines or Rocky.
Dangerfield is Dangerfield but as I have Selwood, Ablett and Menegola I am reluctant to bring in another Cat.
Kelly is my preferred option. He is priced much the same as Treloar, Curnow, Neale and Duncan and if he really is properly fit I think he will score better than these, even with the tough draw the Giants face. But is he? Looked good in a very easy win but they won't all be that easy. It's now or never, though, because they are up against Brisbane next and you would expect him to score well again.
Still pondering.

My current mids: Macrae, Fyfe, Titch, Oliver, Cripps, Selwood, Ablett, Beams + rookies

Last edited:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'd take Kelly every day of the week. Treloar is also a good option. Really you can't go wrong with either of these.

I love the Curnow pick if Murphy is out. I'm hesitant to recommend him if both Murphy and Cripps are in the team. It's only been the case 3 times this year for 2 scores sub-100 and a 140+. They also randomly used him to tag on the weekend (which they haven't done all year) which led to a poor score.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Im bringing in Oliver or Treloar, i dont trust Kelly's groin and last year his scoring was inflated while coniglio was out and his having a great year, plus gaints havent looked great

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Had Kelly At start of year. Couldn't hold him he is great when up and running just the injury is the issue for mine. Trealor is going real well and curnow is under the radar so either or for me, have a look at sidebottom score though he has been very consistent all year.

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
I’m choosing between Oliver Kelly and Treloar to complete my mids.

I’m leaning towards Kelly. I feel most have Oliver and although I’m a pies fan I think treloar like Oliver tends to handball a lot.

Kelly appeared to have been given plenty of time to get fully fit after his injury. Has had a couple of games back and out of the three seems to have the highest ceiling IMO.

Current mids. Fyfe dusty danger cripps cognilio rocky

Reactions: m4ttdog

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I’m choosing between Oliver Kelly and Treloar to complete my mids.

I’m leaning towards Kelly. I feel most have Oliver and although I’m a pies fan I think treloar like Oliver tends to handball a lot.

Kelly appeared to have been given plenty of time to get fully fit after his injury. Has had a couple of games back and out of the three seems to have the highest ceiling IMO.

Current mids. Fyfe dusty danger cripps cognilio rocky

I agree that Kelly has the higher ceiling. I might be wrong but we just keep waiting for Trealor to have this insane breakout year and it never happens.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Pending injury news, I'm considering Maclean to Gunston this week. Gunston appears to have been shifted in the back flank role. Maclean has 180+ BE and under injury cloud. Any thoughts/insights?

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I agree that Kelly has the higher ceiling. I might be wrong but we just keep waiting for Trealor to have this insane breakout year and it never happens.

I got burnt by Treloar last year too and couldn't bring him in to my team. Traded Kelly out a while ago but I'd probably be more inclined to go with him (even though the groin injury is a risk going forward).

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Pending injury news, I'm considering Maclean to Gunston this week. Gunston appears to have been shifted in the back flank role. Maclean has 180+ BE and under injury cloud. Any thoughts/insights?
McLean should get up this week, and BE’s are irrelevant for keepers. Only trade him if you’re expecting his scoring to be hampered going forward (which is a possibility with a shoulder injury)

Reactions: jester5au

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
McLean should get up this week, and BE’s are irrelevant for keepers. Only trade him if you’re expecting his scoring to be hampered going forward (which is a possibility with a shoulder injury)
The word yesterday from the club was he was 50-50 for this week.

In other news - JJK out for 1-3 weeks with a hairline fracture in his leg.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

Annoying for those who brought him in last week!
On a selfish note, hopefully it means more goals for Ryan and Brander.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015

Saw that after I posted, still even if he doesn’t get up it should only be one week so I don’t think it changes much.

JJK is a massive pain as I just brought him in last week :mad:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Annoying for those who brought him in last week!
On a selfish note, hopefully it means more goals for Ryan and Brander.
Half a dozen sausage rolls for Ryan this week would be nice :D

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Woosha has joined the Hardwick "improbable line-up" club.
Zerrett in the back pocket? Fantasia, with 2 centre clearances for the year, at centre bounces?

Andrew Singh

May 31, 2018
Got both Webster and JJK, any advice on whether to hold or trade would be great and also the likely returns for their injuries (I know JJK is 1-3 weeks but unsure on Webster). Currently my plan is to hold and I got Joel smith in this week so he can sit at D6 until Webster comes back, will also do 2 trades next week to move Kennedy to F7 with Walters at F6 leaving me with 5 trades and the ability to swing that extra forward to mid or defence as cover although it forces me to leave Rocky at M8. Any advice would be helpful as these injuries really stuffed up my trade plans.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Got both Webster and JJK, any advice on whether to hold or trade would be great and also the likely returns for their injuries (I know JJK is 1-3 weeks but unsure on Webster). Currently my plan is to hold and I got Joel smith in this week so he can sit at D6 until Webster comes back, will also do 2 trades next week to move Kennedy to F7 with Walters at F6 leaving me with 5 trades and the ability to swing that extra forward to mid or defence as cover although it forces me to leave Rocky at M8. Any advice would be helpful as these injuries really stuffed up my trade plans.
That sounds like a reasonable approach. Webster is likely to miss one after the bye. JJK is unknown with 1-3 being quite vague, but given their tough draw and the injury to Darling, they'll be keen to get him back in as soon as possible. It is a tricky injury though and missing 1 week with a hairline leg fracture sounds a bit suspect. I would have thought any such fracture would be at least a 6 week injury, but will trust what they say.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

Hmm good point. So I guess the question is "is he a keeper"? Dogs have a pretty tough draw. Macrae is out for several weeks, Bont carrying a knee issue (?), McLean carrying a shoulder (?). A condundrum!

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
That sounds like a reasonable approach. Webster is likely to miss one after the bye. JJK is unknown with 1-3 being quite vague, but given their tough draw and the injury to Darling, they'll be keen to get him back in as soon as possible. It is a tricky injury though and missing 1 week with a hairline leg fracture sounds a bit suspect. I would have thought any such fracture would be at least a 6 week injury, but will trust what they say.

Hairline fracture is min 3 weeks.

Andrew Singh

May 31, 2018
Hmm good point. So I guess the question is "is he a keeper"? Dogs have a pretty tough draw. Macrae is out for several weeks, Bont carrying a knee issue (?), McLean carrying a shoulder (?). A condundrum!
Considering there are not many great forward options this year and most people would have backed McLean as the No.1 forward before his injury I think you can be pretty confident that Mclean is a keeper.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
14 Trades - 330K - Your trade suggestions are appreciated.
DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, T Cole (Laird, L Murphy)
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Cogs,Titch, Holman, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Giro, E Phillips, Dusty)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Fritsch, D Smith, Guelfi (Buddy, Billings)