May 7, 2015
Highest scores against Bulldogs by Midfielders before tonight's game:
135 Coniglio,
124 Ward,
122 Wells,
118 Pendlebury,
114 Priddis,
113 R Gray.

So I avoided Danger as a captain option this week :( too Michael research.

Round is a right off for me anyway have 20 playing but already 9 score 78 or under.

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Highest scores against Bulldogs by Midfielders before tonight's game:
135 Coniglio,
124 Ward,
122 Wells,
118 Pendlebury,
114 Priddis,
113 R Gray.

So I avoided Danger as a captain option this week :( too Michael research.

Round is a right off for me anyway have 20 playing but already 9 score 78 or under.
Danger is a different beast. I've captained him only twice this year for his two 80s so I make sure I VC him wherever possible now.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Danger is a different beast. I've captained him only twice this year for his two 80s so I make sure I VC him wherever possible now.
Which I do find strange given your pic....

I think for the next month Danger must be the VC each week. I'm usually reluctant to put the C on him because he does have a tendency to go 80 or 140 and not much in between. He does have 3 on Friday night over the next 5 games which makes it easy. After this fortnight, everyone will have him VC or C so you might lose too much when he does score a 170+ and you don't have him.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Which I do find strange given your pic....

I think for the next month Danger must be the VC each week. I'm usually reluctant to put the C on him because he does have a tendency to go 80 or 140 and not much in between. He does have 3 on Friday night over the next 5 games which makes it easy. After this fortnight, everyone will have him VC or C so you might lose too much when he does score a 170+ and you don't have him.
The 80 is the exact reason I don't put the C on him. I might be a jinx! I've taken his VC score a few times but with the C he's failed me twice, so I'm just a bit wary.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
@Dino not many other North supporters around here, really interested to know you're opinion on the post-game fiasco Friday night? Sadly has taken away from what was a great game between two teams who have a clear dislike for each other. Would be a great finals matchup I reckon. Cunnington, Swallow, Waite would make a huge difference obviously. Hawks have Hodge to come back.

Reactions: Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
@Dino not many other North supporters around here, really interested to know you're opinion on the post-game fiasco Friday night? Sadly has taken away from what was a great game between two teams who have a clear dislike for each other. Would be a great finals matchup I reckon. Cunnington, Swallow, Waite would make a huge difference obviously. Hawks have Hodge to come back.
Yeah there is no love lost between our sides. Makes for great games whenever we play. Reminiscent of our great rivalry in the 70's. Friday night had everything we love about our game. It was fiercely competitive.

Post game, what a fiasco. North said they retracted their statements but once it is out there, it's there forever. It is a huge embarrassment for the club and they should cop a huge fine. I'm not a huge fan of Thomas so I may be bias. He has cried wolf to many times for my liking.

Lets hope if we meet in the finals, the great game of footy is the only talking point.

Reactions: TwentyThree

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Geez I say "huge" a lot don't I :p Furthermore I think it could have been handled a lot better. Straight after a game when you are obviously annoyed and the press trying to get anything out of you, is probably not the best time to make accusations. Should have been taken straight to the AFL to see if there was anything to it.

Reactions: TwentyThree

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
The first game I ever went to was a Kangas vs Hawks game. Always been a great rival.

I don't think anyone has sympathy for Lindsay. Sad, because at times he can be a really entertaining player. He's now in danger of becoming a mere sideshow.

Surely there was *someone* who could have 'cooled off' the coach before the presser. There's got to be some collective responsibility there. At the same time, the coach has to have some self control, no matter how emotional you might be after a game. The penalty given will be intriguing.

Reactions: Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Bit tricky without seeing updated scores but I think my best 18 on field is about 2050. Collins and DBJ the 2 worst scorers of my 20 starters, with Trengove and Adams the next 2 lowest.

How's everyone tracking? Marcus should have a huge rise up the rankings, he's had a monster week.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Bit tricky without seeing updated scores but I think my best 18 on field is about 2050. Collins and DBJ the 2 worst scorers of my 20 starters, with Trengove and Adams the next 2 lowest.

How's everyone tracking? Marcus should have a huge rise up the rankings, he's had a monster week.
Hard to say. I have tried to add it up but think I have got it wrong.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hard to say. I have tried to add it up but think I have got it wrong.
Yeah it gets a bit confusing. I think I've got mine right but I went and added Marcus' team to see if I got mine right and once you take out his lowest 3 scores to bring it down to best 18 then he's at about 2050 too. Might just wait for lockout to finish.