Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
It's time to go Newman. BE of 80, on the bye and his 151 about to cycle out his time has come. Not sure who to target though, need 2 more premiums and aiming for Doch but he's on the bye. Might just bank cash to get Doch next week.

Otherwise guys like WHE on the chopping block and probably Sandi as well.

Was going to target a ruck this week but all the ones I had my eye on did poorly. The ones who topped 100 this week (Kreuzer, Mummy, Grundy and Longer) haven't been on my radar. Did anyone watch the North v Blues game? Looking at the stats Goldy was owned by Kreuz....

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I want to trade Marchbank out but there does not seem to be any good rookies to go down to?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It's time to go Newman. BE of 80, on the bye and his 151 about to cycle out his time has come. Not sure who to target though, need 2 more premiums and aiming for Doch but he's on the bye. Might just bank cash to get Doch next week.

Otherwise guys like WHE on the chopping block and probably Sandi as well.

Was going to target a ruck this week but all the ones I had my eye on did poorly. The ones who topped 100 this week (Kreuzer, Mummy, Grundy and Longer) haven't been on my radar. Did anyone watch the North v Blues game? Looking at the stats Goldy was owned by Kreuz....

My 2nd week of owning Goldy and he's definitely not right, struggled to keep up with Kreuzer, very slow around the ground, didn't have one Mark for the whole game, hopefully gets through this week and the bye will help him, Zeibel, Cunnington, Dumont are all excellent clearance players he scores mainly from HOTAs.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I want to trade Marchbank out but there does not seem to be any good rookies to go down to?

You could go early Scharenberg, there's a lad from a Brisbane that's played 2 and is close to another game but doesn't score well.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Was going to trade in Tom Lynch but BE still 150, should be able to get him the following week or just let him go, Scotty Selwood with a plan to make him Neale come R14 is an option I guess that's only 2 price rises though so whether it's worth it I don't know.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I'm not worried about the byes. I just want to win my 2 cash leagues and I'm flying in both. To complete my team, I have 1 def rookie (Newman), 2 mids (Steele & 1 rookie), and 1 fwd (WHE) to upgrade. I have 15 trades left and 66k leftover. So I'm thinking

SPP > Greenwood
Steele > Jelwood

That will leave me with about 185k and 13 trades. I'll prob just hold WHE until his bye then upgrade him, most likely to a bottomed-out Lynch. Thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Strongly considering SPP to Scooter. Cash plus scoring potential is a big carrot. He will either make a capable M8 until the funds come along to make that final mid upgrade. With any luck, that can be done without needing to upgrade Selwood and he can spend the year at M9. It almost feels like a luxury trade but my line of thinking is that you actually make money going from SPP, round 12 bye is so friendly for mid spots, and if you somehow never get around to upgrading that final mid spot, then he is much better to have on field than a maxed out rookie.

Might have to ask the question of the guys on the podcast this week.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
considering trading martin out. Archie smith taking ruck time scares me.

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
considering trading martin out. Archie smith taking ruck time scares me.
It's a worry. For me, the thing is that all the rucks that look like potentially being top 2 or 3 rucks (eg Stef, Grundy, Goldy) all run the risk of having someone take their points (Archie, Cox, Preuss/Daw). Sandiwitts might not necessarily be the highest averaging combo but they are both stand alone rucks with no one stealing time and points off them, so you can almost guarantee that 95 average week in week out. It might be worth holding out for Gawn to come back, because a lot of other rucks you bring in could be affected in the same way that Stef is.

Reactions: Prospector and tabs

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Strongly considering SPP to Scooter. Cash plus scoring potential is a big carrot. He will either make a capable M8 until the funds come along to make that final mid upgrade. With any luck, that can be done without needing to upgrade Selwood and he can spend the year at M9. It almost feels like a luxury trade but my line of thinking is that you actually make money going from SPP, round 12 bye is so friendly for mid spots, and if you somehow never get around to upgrading that final mid spot, then he is much better to have on field than a maxed out rookie.

Might have to ask the question of the guys on the podcast this week.
Was thinking the same thing. Original plan was to keep SPP through out the byes but trading SPP to Scooter helps R11 & 13 and i have enough starters in R12.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
It's a worry. For me, the thing is that all the rucks that look like potentially being top 2 or 3 rucks (eg Stef, Grundy, Goldy) all run the risk of having someone take their points (Archie, Cox, Preuss/Daw). Sandiwitts might not necessarily be the highest averaging combo but they are both stand alone rucks with no one stealing time and points off them, so you can almost guarantee that 95 average week in week out. It might be worth holding out for Gawn to come back, because a lot of other rucks you bring in could be affected in the same way that Stef is.
Agreed. The others that meet the criteria for lack of competition are Kreuzer and Mummy, but obviously both come with injury histories. In fact, these are 2 of the top 3 rucks currently and with Stef having Smith in the team, maybe will be the top very shortly and the only guys over 100. Sauce and McEvoy are the other 2 but don't look like averaging 100 and are only just ahead of SandiWitts currently.

I think I'm talking myself into Kreuzer and Mummy :confused: Both played 21 games last year and only missed 1 between them this year....

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
This pretty much sums up my thinking. I've got SandiWittiNank. I was thinking of getting Goldy but this week has scared me off again. I'm thinking of holding for time being and swapping one of Sandi and Witts to Gawn if / when he comes back and looks OK. The other can be a final correction if trades allow.

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Also very tempted by Scooter.
Bye friendly and cashola.
Having said that I got sucked in by one of Brandon Matera. That was very underwhelming.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I need two more backs (already have Doc, Laird, Adams, Hibberd). Targets: Roberton next week, maybe Lloyd as my final upgrade.

I also need three more forwards (I already have Macrae, Dahl, and Nank).
Targets: Yeo the week after next ... and bloody hell it is hard to decide on the final two ... maybe Greene and Wallis. Or NRoo. Or Ryder. Still really struggling to think my way through the forward situation ... does anyone else have any clarity or insight?

Reactions: the cranky one

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Scooter might be a fine pick but it is completely the wrong time of the year for him for me ... I've already got 8 primo mids and my mid rookies need to get properly downgraded so I can make enough cash to upgrade the other lines.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I need two more backs (already have Doc, Laird, Adams, Hibberd). Targets: Roberton next week, maybe Lloyd as my final upgrade.

I also need three more forwards (I already have Macrae, Dahl, and Nank).
Targets: Yeo the week after next ... and bloody hell it is hard to decide on the final two ... maybe Greene and Wallis. Or NRoo. Or Ryder. Still really struggling to think my way through the forward situation ... does anyone else have any clarity or insight?
I know he's up and down a bit but have a look at Higgins. North have an insanely good run home (top 8 sides they play from here are Doggies, Tigers, and Port twice). Greene looks like he might have settled down since the suspension. I'd be getting him if I hadn't completed my forwards. Lynch will be very cheap in a couple of weeks too, will definitely be worth a look.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I like Kreuzer. In the games I've seen he's been very good. I thought he was better than both Goldy and Sandi the last couple of weeks. Admittedly both appeared to be carrying injuries.
But Kreuzer looks to have regained confidence in his body, the way he is attacking contests - both in the ruck and otherwise. And he is starting to get a fair bit of the ball.
But there are a couple of worries.
First is his tendency to get injured. He has 2 poor scores and a game missed already this year due to injury.
Then there is the fact that Carlton played Andrew Phillips all last year as a 2nd ruck. Phillips has only played the one AFL game this year - in rnd.5 when Kreuzer was out. But he had a foot injury early in the pre-season and had only played the one VFL game prior to that so he wasn't really ready. Will Bolton continue to only go with Kreuzer or will he opt for 2 rucks?

Reactions: Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I know he's up and down a bit but have a look at Higgins. North have an insanely good run home (top 8 sides they play from here are Doggies, Tigers, and Port twice). Greene looks like he might have settled down since the suspension. I'd be getting him if I hadn't completed my forwards. Lynch will be very cheap in a couple of weeks too, will definitely be worth a look.

Had Greene for the 2 weeks now & I must says it's frustrating already, he'd been pretty terrible going into that last quarter, he'd take a contested mark then clanged kick, work his ass off to get a mark in the forward line then get lazy with the kick, and then he put an outstanding last quarter, the upside side is huge if he can have a game where he goes at 75% de with the impact he's capable of he could push into a massive scores.