Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
All my rookies performed terribly this week and most have high BEs. I would really like to move them on.
Unfortunately, there aren't too many replacements available.
Wills and Marsh - iffy JS and pricey, Farrell - maybe better JS but even pricier

I may just have to hold on to my rookies and hope they can perform better.

Reactions: m4ttdog

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
+1 on the rookies, scores in the 20's and 30's were not great. Fortunately they were not on the field but doesn't make it easy for planning. Fort for the Cats did well after 1 game but JS will be the key. Thank god I held on to Balta!

Parker and Duursma have to go.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I can go Duursma & Gibbons (or Drew) to Stewart & R Young (move Drew to Mid),
$10k short being able to go Parker instead of Gibbons. This helps week my 1 bye structure and hopefully I can trade my way through, having a non player on each line atm is concerning.

Next week would probably be move Bines back to Ruck and upgrade O'Brien to a forward (plus a downgrade alongside). I managed to avoid a bit of the rookie carnage, but plenty of average scores, so will likely be some tough decisions ahead on whether to cull the higher scorers when you can for optimal upgrading or holding on to them for the job security through the byes.

Last week I waited to make my trades Saturday morning (couldn't decide Stocker/Rowbottom). Ended up scrambling to avoid a donut forward, I went Moore & Walsh for Kelly and Bolton (take advantage of Bolton's big score for 2 weeks, likely trade out on his bye) .

Anyone like Young's JS?

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Anyone like Young's JS?[/QUOTE]

You would think young has more JS than Parker who has had 2 average weeks. If there is a rookie worth going early on, it's prob him. Should be a few on the bubble next week.
In saying that though, I think West Coast will almost definitely play Rotham this week. He has previously filled Jetta's role before. Problem is jetta is only out for the 1week. Will be a quickfire 80k increase but JS pretty low...

Sam Walsh I feel needs to go but a few problems need to be fixed first

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Moore ruled out.
Danger looking highly unlikely to get up.
Zac Williams 2-3 with a hammy.

Can we please start again :(

Reactions: alrighty then

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
20K only.

Libba has dropped 87K since he spiked at 493K. Do I hold until Rd 12 Bye?
Which trade options are best? Collins is now missing for 6 weeks.
Not sure if I should just hold Walsh as a decent onfield rookie.
Perhaps Parker is the other one. Would love to hear your options.

Laird, Sicily, Whitfield, Clark, Duursma, Answerth, (Burgess, Collins)
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Setterfield, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, Boak, T Kelly, Dunkley, Balta, (Parker, Corbett)

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
20K only.

Libba has dropped 87K since he spiked at 493K. Do I hold until Rd 12 Bye?
Which trade options are best? Collins is now missing for 6 weeks.
Not sure if I should just hold Walsh as a decent onfield rookie.
Perhaps Parker is the other one. Would love to hear your options.

Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Setterfield, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)
Just wondering if anyone has any advice after teams has been dropped

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Boak or Billings in this week? Billings 80k cheaper and has potential to take his game to another level. Boak is older but has done it before.

With cash generation tight I could use this 80k on another upgrade next week like Lloyd down back.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Boak or Billings in this week? Billings 80k cheaper and has potential to take his game to another level. Boak is older but has done it before.

With cash generation tight I could use this 80k on another upgrade next week like Lloyd down back.
I have both and I'd say Boak this week. He's a lock for top 6. Happy with Billings but i think he's on par with a few to get top 8 even

Reactions: J-Dog and m4ttdog

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I have both and I'd say Boak this week. He's a lock for top 6. Happy with Billings but i think he's on par with a few to get top 8 even

Thanks! I was burned by Billings last year so I think I will sleep better at night with the Boak trade. Slim pickings up FWD this season.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Holy crap! Injuries and team selection is going to kill me this week. Donuts and rookies :-(

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I'm looking at 2 donuts in the FWD line this week :( I currently have Danger, Moore & Drew all on field with no DPP. I'm thinking of moving Larkey onto the field, cashing in on ROB and moving Bines back into the ruck.

I want Boak and to do that I need to do 2 trades, so ROB & Drew for Boak & Young. I'm not sure of Young's JS but since he is listed on field I am hoping his short term JS is ok. This gives me no donuts this week.

Thoughts?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Connor Blakely (DEF) from Freo has played 1 game. Looks solid and had some great form last year. Anyone considering him as a DEF option? I can upgrade Darcy Moore to him which will avoid a donut in defence and possibly be a bit of a POD.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Connor Blakely (DEF) from Freo has played 1 game. Looks solid and had some great form last year. Anyone considering him as a DEF option? I can upgrade Darcy Moore to him which will avoid a donut in defence and possibly be a bit of a POD.

With some poking around my team I have just enough coin to do Williams to Blakely & Moore to Boak. After trades my team would look like:

DEF: Whitfield, Blakely, Crisp, Duursma, Scrimshaw, Clark [ Answerth, Burgess ]
MID: J Kelly, Cripps, Oliver, Macrae, Rocky, Walsh, Libba, Gibbons [Constable, Drew, Stocker]
RUC: Grundy, Mummy [O’Brien]
FWD: T Kelly, Boak, Daniel, Danger, Billings, Westhoff, [Petrucelle (E), Bines]

With a few rookies coming along next few weeks would allow me to generate cash.

Any thoughts?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
With some poking around my team I have just enough coin to do Williams to Blakely & Moore to Boak. After trades my team would look like:

DEF: Whitfield, Blakely, Crisp, Duursma, Scrimshaw, Clark [ Answerth, Burgess ]
MID: J Kelly, Cripps, Oliver, Macrae, Rocky, Walsh, Libba, Gibbons [Constable, Drew, Stocker]
RUC: Grundy, Mummy [O’Brien]
FWD: T Kelly, Boak, Daniel, Danger, Billings, Westhoff, [Petrucelle (E), Bines]

With a few rookies coming along next few weeks would allow me to generate cash.

Any thoughts?

Actually could just do Williams to Lloyd down back and then have rookies for cover and save a trade...

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
21 K - 20 Trades. Thoughts welcome
Thinking Collins, Duursma or Parker maybe. Not sure how to manoeuver the magnets this week.
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Gibbons, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Setterfield)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Gotta say, I am very tempted to make no changes this week and see what rubble is left over on Monday! Would love to get Whitfield or Lloyd into defence, but with only 160k in the bank and wobbly players all over the place I'm not sure it's worth the risk