Regrets

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Picking Josh Caddy my only big one. Heaps of people on here said "don't do it, pick Buddy instead" but I thought I knew better. Then I saw him play. He moves SO slowly. Oh well. Live and learn. I'll hold and hope he looks better in a more contested sort of game.

Jy Simpkin my only other one. Could have had Dan Houston. Should have had Dan Houston.

Oh well. 2x corrective trades (after round two) if that is the way it works out is probably about par for the course.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Mccarthy for me, only traded him in for Parfitt just before lockout because I had the cash to do it, in hindsight I should've banked the cash. Doesn't look like he is going to score well. Considering possibly trading him down to Hannan and J.Smith up to Mcgrath would I be crazy to make that trade this week??

Reactions: Gghippo and cactus

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Dunno if this is a mistake or not,
But i still have D swallow and i guess you could say choosing steel/nank over roughead would have been a better option, its only early though.
Feel like taranto could get dropped soon.

Reactions: cactus

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Mccarthy for me, only traded him in for Parfitt just before lockout because I had the cash to do it, in hindsight I should've banked the cash. Doesn't look like he is going to score well. Considering possibly trading him down to Hannan and J.Smith up to Mcgrath would I be crazy to make that trade this week??
Mccarthy will be fine i think, definately not worth the trade yet. He looked really good in the last quarter when he moved up the ground more.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Caving to conformity and picking Dahlhaus when I could have had Higgins instead and saved $100k for the same output.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
If that is your only issue then staying disciplined and waiting til after round two (Freo v Port) seems the sensible course of action.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Dunno if this is a mistake or not,
But i still have D swallow and i guess you could say choosing steel/nank over roughead would have been a better option, its only early though.
Feel like taranto could get dropped soon.
Yeah. I have Roughy over Nank / Steele and Taranto. I'm not to worried about Roughy - I'm still comfortable with that pick. Some unexpected results in round one. The Hawks might keep getting beat I guess but surely GWS and the Swans come good ... and that should help Taranto.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Having my Bucks weekend on opening weekend is my biggest regret... Old mate gets home Sunday arvo puts the footy on and realises he still has 116k in the bank after not completing his team after Thursday nights game... :(

Rallied up 2115. Wedding off if I don't score 2300 this week :)

Not the best start, regret leaving out Kennedy after kicking his 7 but I had brought in Steele so his 113 made it a little better.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Having my Bucks weekend on opening weekend is my biggest regret... Old mate gets home Sunday arvo puts the footy on and realises he still has 116k in the bank after not completing his team after Thursday nights game... :(

Rallied up 2115. Wedding off if I don't score 2300 this week :)

Not the best start, regret leaving out Kennedy after kicking his 7 but I had brought in Steele so his 113 made it a little better.
If your biggest regret out of all this is that you stuffed up you SC side you'll have done very well. ;)

Congrats and all the best for the big day.

Reactions: k-red17

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Mccarthy will be fine i think, definately not worth the trade yet. He looked really good in the last quarter when he moved up the ground more.

Yeah. When geelong put the queue in the rack and freo knew it was over, they both realised "no harm in letting McCarthy have a kick now!"

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
My only regret is Eddy. He scored well when he kicked 5.4 in JLT. Should not have gone there

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I had JJK all preseason and flicked him to Macrae after hearing so much about him being a lock. I'm sure over the season they will even out.

Also taking Treloar over Pendles. I haven't started Pendles the last 3 years now and it's hurt me every time. Maybe I'll learn from this year...

Reactions: Dino and cactus

JasperBeardly

Mar 18, 2017
This is the first year in a while I haven't started Pendles. It's not a regret yet, but it may well be soon.

My big regret is picking as many rookies as I did and somehow still managing to miss pretty much all of the better scoring rookies from round 1. :oops:

Reactions: k-red17 and cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Caddy for me, still not too sure what I was thinking hadn't been in my team since JLT3 but found his way in Thursday, I suppose on the flip side he was pretty poor but still knocked out 73.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Caddy for me, still not too sure what I was thinking hadn't been in my team since JLT3 but found his way in Thursday, I suppose on the flip side he was pretty poor but still knocked out 73.
Dito.

Still early days. The guy has a top SC score of 171 and he's young enough that he may have improvement left in him ... the pick may still work out. I've got to say I really did not like what I saw on a Thursday night though.

Definitely doesn't help that almost everyone I might have taken instead have started so well. Oh well ... I guess at least I didn't start St Nick.

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Mine is taking a structural risk. It only backfired due to Roos injury. Went one deeper in the fwd and ran sandiwitts in the ruck.

May look to move roo on for Gawn now. Keep witts at r3 as a cash cow.

Could hold roo but would be forced to field parfitt/eddy/Pickett instead.

Points lost would be costly. Gawn a great inclusion still scoring premo mid numbers after missing part of the game with back spasms.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Dito.

Still early days. The guy has a top SC score of 171 and he's young enough that he may have improvement left in him ... the pick may still work out. I've got to say I really did not like what I saw on a Thursday night though.

Definitely doesn't help that almost everyone I might have taken instead have started so well. Oh well ... I guess at least I didn't start St Nick.

When he kicked that very fortunate goal he got genuinely got out-paced by Rowe, I don't remember him being that slow at Geelong. He's still got a very friendly SC game so we'll see.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Good idea for a thread but feel its far too early for regrets after 1 round. Watch this week as things turn around and players we regretted turn it on for our sides!

Reactions: Dino and cactus

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne

I agree - I don't have Mccarthy but I think he's a decent selection. I like those type of players that can knock out a 100+ as they can get quite significant price rises. I went with Taranto and WHE (who I'm stoked with, more his role of wing, half back, as opposed to his score) but Mccarthy seems to me to be a guy who will kick 6 at some stage and pump out a 130 and get a massive price rise. Hopefully for his owners it happens in the first 6-8 weeks.

My biggest regret so far is choosing Jaeger bomb. I was anti-JOM all pre season but the rookies really bloody suck this year and had spare cash. He does have an awesome bye round where I can trade him to a JPK, Cripps, Bont etc so I'm hoping he can go 90+ until then..

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I agree - I don't have Mccarthy but I think he's a decent selection. I like those type of players that can knock out a 100+ as they can get quite significant price rises. I went with Taranto and WHE (who I'm stoked with, more his role of wing, half back, as opposed to his score) but Mccarthy seems to me to be a guy who will kick 6 at some stage and pump out a 130 and get a massive price rise. Hopefully for his owners it happens in the first 6-8 weeks.

My biggest regret so far is choosing Jaeger bomb. I was anti-JOM all pre season but the rookies really bloody suck this year and had spare cash. He does have an awesome bye round where I can trade him to a JPK, Cripps, Bont etc so I'm hoping he can go 90+ until then..
O'Mera is your biggest regret?! He kicked three points on the weekend ... if he converted a couple of them he probably tons up. As long as his body holds together until the byes he'll be a good pick I reckon. Just out of interest who would you have had on field if you hadn't spent the cash on JOM?