Rate My Team

MVallence90

Mar 22, 2016
Here is what I'll probably lock in, 1st time Supercoacher so still trying to get my head around things....

227920_4b375f4b98768141514484b783362270.PNG

Getting Shaw in last minute has blown the budget, downgraded Danger to Selwood to help it go through and upgraded Hartley to Dea. Big issue is its left me with a non-playing ruck as I've ran out of cash, only $8,000 left. Still don't really know about the loophole method, not sure how it works out to a VC getting double points? Isn't that just the same as being captain.

Only way I see to get a bit more cash would be to cut Oliver, reckon his JS is small with Brayshaw coming back and Petracca on the horizon. Also feel Hewitt could be a one weeker and I no nothing of Adams except what has been mentioned on here. Would have gone Menadue over McCarthy but hope Lincon gets a good run but has Menzel on his heels. Any help on shuffling rookies for some DPP options, not sure how that all works 100% either.

Wanted to squeeze another Saint in there, Billings was in for a while, so was Buddy actually but went Hall to free up cash...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Reactions: currymunchers

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Still don't really know about the loophole method, not sure how it works out to a VC getting double points? Isn't that just the same as being captain.
I will try to give a easy to understand explanation of how the loophole works.

You have Pendlebury & Ablett in your midfield with Goetz a non scoring player on your ruck bench.

PUT THE VICE CAPTAIN on Ablett, and put the CAPTAIN on Goldy.

If Ablett scores 130+, then SUB ONTO THE FIELD a non-playing (Goetz), and sub Nic Nat to the bench, ensuring that you make him your ruck emergency.

As Goetz is NOT playing this weekend, whenever a captain DOES NOT PLAY, the Vice Captain steps into that captaincy role, and also gets the double the points for his score.

Given Goetz has been named as captain in your rucks, whenever a player is on field, and does not play - the emergency will take over his points.

The 2 important things are you need to decide is what VC score you are willing to accept (generally anything over 120-130 and you take it) and if you do take advantage of the loophole, DON'T forget to make Nic Nat an emergency.

Your side looks fine to me. Good premiums and you have the must have rookies. Good luck in your 1st season of SC madness.

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Here is what I'll probably lock in, 1st time Supercoacher so still trying to get my head around things....

227920_4b375f4b98768141514484b783362270.PNG

Getting Shaw in last minute has blown the budget, downgraded Danger to Selwood to help it go through and upgraded Hartley to Dea. Big issue is its left me with a non-playing ruck as I've ran out of cash, only $8,000 left. Still don't really know about the loophole method, not sure how it works out to a VC getting double points? Isn't that just the same as being captain.

Only way I see to get a bit more cash would be to cut Oliver, reckon his JS is small with Brayshaw coming back and Petracca on the horizon. Also feel Hewitt could be a one weeker and I no nothing of Adams except what has been mentioned on here. Would have gone Menadue over McCarthy but hope Lincon gets a good run but has Menzel on his heels. Any help on shuffling rookies for some DPP options, not sure how that all works 100% either.

Wanted to squeeze another Saint in there, Billings was in for a while, so was Buddy actually but went Hall to free up cash...

Great 1st crack! Can't really fault it

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015

Getting Shaw in last minute has blown the budget, downgraded Danger to Selwood to help it go through and upgraded Hartley to Dea. Big issue is its left me with a non-playing ruck as I've ran out of cash, only $8,000 left.

I wouldnt worry about your ruck bench, thats your season long loophole player, and Grimley is shit anyway...
I like your team, the only thing I would suggest is if you really do want Danger in instead of Selwood is to have Barlow at your F1 spot and trade wingard out for a cheaper player. Without doing the sums, maybe a Toby Greene or Sam Gray? That should get Danger back in.
Good luck!

Reactions: Tevez17

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Personally I'd downgrade Dea to M Brown and Wingard to S Gray that should give you enough to go Selwood back to Danger but there's nothing wrong with your team as it is.

Seen alot of teams with 2 200K rookies + Libba & Crouch on field & I think it looks good then i do it to my team and it makes me very nervious

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Personally I'd downgrade Dea to M Brown and Wingard to S Gray that should give you enough to go Selwood back to Danger but there's nothing wrong with your team as it is.

Seen alot of teams with 2 200K rookies + Libba & Crouch on field & I think it looks good then i do it to my team and it makes me very nervious

I've got that set up and I agree about being nervous. But that's the fun part right?!!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Barring any craziness I think this will be my starting team,

Defence: I think it's very solid have been flipping and changing a bit but always coming back to Shaw, Laird, Bartel & Lonergan, $$$ wise i've had to opt for Cowan as the best 150K defender who's playing (pending final 22) with the others Brown, Mcdonald and Adams.

Midfield: Danger, Ablett, Rockliff seem no brainers to me, I'm bullish on Duncan I think he's ready to go 115ave despite the competition for points, Shiel I'm less bullsih about but just love the way he goes about it & like him more than Wines & Parker because of his DE%, Libba and B. Crouch i've been nervious about but they just have to go 90+ to make good money and they are both capable, Mills speaks for himself, Hewitt I think has better JS than people think, Davis no brainer at the price, Dunkley I don't like much but no other options really.

Ruck: Goldy, Smith I think can have a very good season if he stays fit, Geelong have lot of big men but he's the only pure ruck and will do 65-70% ruck time and i think can push a 100Ave, Wyatt cheap loophole

Forwards: Barlow small reservations on him but at the price with a very good PS/NAB can't go past him, S Gray a late comer to my team but swayed by good NAB form, Finish to the season & Coach & player comments, I'm very confident on his role as a pure mid this season, Hall has a high scoring SC profile confident he'll deliver a 95+ave, Wells, Kennedy and Kerridge speak for themselves, Menadue looks a solid prospect & I'm tossing up between Petracca and Paply/Mcgovern.

Fearless feedback please!

Attachments

• Team 7.jpg
    Team 7.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 11

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth

Defence: I think it's very solid have been flipping and changing a bit but always coming back to Shaw, Laird, Bartel & Lonergan, $$$ wise i've had to opt for Cowan as the best 150K defender who's playing (pending final 22) with the others Brown, Mcdonald and Adams.

Midfield: Danger, Ablett, Rockliff seem no brainers to me, I'm bullish on Duncan I think he's ready to go 115ave despite the competition for points, Shiel I'm less bullsih about but just love the way he goes about it & like him more than Wines & Parker because of his DE%, Libba and B. Crouch i've been nervious about but they just have to go 90+ to make good money and they are both capable, Mills speaks for himself, Hewitt I think has better JS than people think, Davis no brainer at the price, Dunkley I don't like much but no other options really.

Ruck: Goldy, Smith I think can have a very good season if he stays fit, Geelong have lot of big men but he's the only pure ruck and will do 65-70% ruck time and i think can push a 100Ave, Wyatt cheap loophole

Forwards: Barlow small reservations on him but at the price with a very good PS/NAB can't go past him, S Gray a late comer to my team but swayed by good NAB form, Finish to the season & Coach & player comments, I'm very confident on his role as a pure mid this season, Hall has a high scoring SC profile confident he'll deliver a 95+ave, Wells, Kennedy and Kerridge speak for themselves, Menadue looks a solid prospect & I'm tossing up between Petracca and Paply/Mcgovern.

Did you E menadue tevez?
80pts not bad if so. I did and putting petracca on and banking it vs b kennedy. Just a thought.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Did you E menadue tevez?
80pts not bad if so. I did and putting petracca on and banking it vs b kennedy. Just a thought.

Nah it was panic stations with a few minutes to go Thursday SC site wouldn't load, thought I didn't have a full team at lock out :eek:
would've preferred to have him on the mid bench in hindsight, If i did have the E on him I would probably loop him.

I would preferr to not have Petracca but Papley and Mcgovern look 1-2week jobs & though Melbourne have said he'll play a month of VFL if he kills it in the next 2 games I reckon he'll be playing R3-4.

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015

Dont want to throw a spanner in the works but maybe rethink your loophole player. Collingwood plays a heap of friday games

Reactions: Tevez17

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Dont want to throw a spanner in the works but maybe rethink your loophole player. Collingwood plays a heap of friday games

Cheers mate, who is the best option? King from Dees i know but is a bit pricier