Rate My Team

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
ok guys, tear it apart

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Rich, Dea, Hartley – Adams, Ruggles
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Oliver – Gresham, Davis, Marcon
RUC: Goldy, Nicnat – Cox
FOR: Barlow, Hall, Wells, Menadue, McCarthy, Kerridge – Papley, Mcdonald-Tipungwuti

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom ...
Solid starting lineup. Unique going one extra in def rather than fwd. though I agree with #tevez17 and not sure on hype with jimmy.

Reactions: churchboybrian

Danz

May 26, 2015
Would like more money in the bank, but really not sure where to get it from, or if it is really necessary. Fairly happy with how it stands...
Thoughts?
upload_2016-3-23_19-27-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-23_19-18-18.png
    upload_2016-3-23_19-18-18.png
    953.2 KB · Views: 6

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
Franklin. Forget last year ignore NAB.
haha nice one, but I feel like franklin has a history of not playing all games and I just
Would like more money in the bank, but really not sure where to get it from, or if it is really necessary. Fairly happy with how it stands...
Thoughts?
View attachment 293
Looks good bud, lot of dollars spent on your mids, which is only a bad thing if you're missing out on potential rookies (which this year, youre probably not missing much). My only constructive criticism is that players like sheridan and lonergan might be better served as rookies (to earn more cash as I'm assuming that sheridan and lonergan aren't keepers?) and whether b.crouch is the right crouch.

Reactions: Danz and Prospector

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
Righto, looking at going with this, any changes recommended?

DEF:
Shaw
Houli
Laird
Weitering
M. Brown
Hartley
Adams
Ruggles

MID:
Fyfe
Dangerfield
Ablett
Rockliff
Liberatore
Mills
Oliver
Menadue
Gresham
Gore
Keays

RUCK:
Goldstein
Naitanui
Grimley

FWD:
Montagna
Martin
Barlow
Wells
B. Kennedy
Kerridge
McCarthy
McDonald-Tipungwuti
looks great, really solid, possibly montagna a risk at his current price, but really, no biggy considering most of your team seems balanced. Good work!

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
looks great, really solid, possibly montagna a risk at his current price, but really, no biggy considering most of your team seems balanced. Good work!

Cheers! Have Montagna in at the moment as not really confident on a third premium fwd who will should finish in top 6, maybe wingard?

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
Cheers! Have Montagna in at the moment as not really confident on a third premium fwd who will should finish in top 6, maybe wingard?
Impossible to tell really, montagna a good as bet as any, possibly wingard. who knows, maybe harvey can get in the mix again (hes like 103 now yeah?) or buddy...

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Ok. So after so much fiddling around for the last few days. I'm pretty sure set on this lineup. I've decided to take a bit more risk this year and go for value the FWD line.

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Johannisen, Harwood, Weitering, Hartley (Brown, Ruggles)
MID: Dangerfield, Ablett, Gray, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, B.Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Hewett, Davis)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Loersch)
FWD: Barlow, Hall, De Goey, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge (Grimley, Tipungwuti)

9.8k leftover.

I just can't find the cash for Fyfe and/or Pendles at this stage, and my plan is to get Dusty on the cheap. I've chosen R.Gray cos Port's draw is very generous and I expect him to dominate. Not to mention he is a player I love watching and cheering for. Johannisen/Harwood/B.Crouch/De Goey are all risks but I only see upside in all 4 if they stay fit. You've got to take risks in this game to get reward, which is something I probably haven't done in the past and just generally taken the safe option.

Thoughts? Any suggestion how this may be improved?

dtigani

May 12, 2015
OK I'm struggling with the Rookies/Guns balance this year. Feels like my team is a bit same-same to many I've seen here. Would love some feedback on maybe one or two "different" players.

Attachments

• sc1.png
    sc1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Ok. So after so much fiddling around for the last few days. I'm pretty sure set on this lineup. I've decided to take a bit more risk this year and go for value the FWD line.

MID: Dangerfield, Ablett, Gray, Rockliff, Cripps, Liberatore, B.Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Hewett, Davis)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (King)

9.8k leftover.

I just can't find the cash for Fyfe and/or Pendles at this stage, and my plan is to get Dusty on the cheap. I've chosen R.Gray cos Port's draw is very generous and I expect him to dominate. Not to mention he is a player I love watching and cheering for. Johannisen/Harwood/B.Crouch/De Goey are all risks but I only see upside in all 4 if they stay fit. You've got to take risks in this game to get reward, which is something I probably haven't done in the past and just generally taken the safe option.

Changed Loersch to King from my initial post (loophole option obviously) as considered the fact that Ablett and Loersch play in the same side so if I were to use Ablett's score as a VC and want to use the loophole I obviously won't be able to use Loersch. Melbourne play 10 Sunday games (equal most with Carlton) so it's a no brainer to use him. Had to downgrade Parker to Cripps though - which isn't a bad thing. 13k leftover now.

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015

MID: Dangerfield, Ablett, Gray, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, B.Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Hewett, Davis)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Loersch)

9.8k leftover.

Hey thunder, seems like you've thought it through, so maybe not much for me to say, except that you've probably got too many risks. one or two is good, but with 4 uncertain choices you leave yourself really exposed if none of them work as well as you hope.

Reactions: Thunderstruck

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
OK I'm struggling with the Rookies/Guns balance this year. Feels like my team is a bit same-same to many I've seen here. Would love some feedback on maybe one or two "different" players.
ultimately, it can't be avoided, our teams are going to be similar when it comes to rookies as each year only a handful get solid game time. after AFL teams are announced, our SC teams will basically be the same with the exception of those premiums and mid-pricers we decide to take a risk on. If I were you, I'd look at some premium mids that don't seem to be in many teams, like selwood, mitchell (the hawks one), parker, shiel, priddis etc. I'm sure some, if not all of those guys will be in the top 10 mids this year and most of us just can't fit em in starting round 1. having them as a POD early on could be real advantage... that is if you can find a way to fit them in lol

Reactions: dtigani

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i like your team Similar to mine I'd consider swapping Mathieson to Gresham Mathieson won't be playing look at him as a trade down option later on.
And maybe swap one of your gun mids to a pod midfielder can't see much else you can do

Reactions: dtigani

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
749983 created this league for anyone who is keen

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015
Ive gone crazy, i have pretty much full premo in the mids, other lines dont look too bad, maybe defence is a bit slim but i think thats where most of us spend the least.

My mids are Danger, Ablett, Priddis, Shiel, Rockliff, M. Crouch, B.Crouch and Libba.

Talk me out of it please!!!

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Ive gone crazy, i have pretty much full premo in the mids, other lines dont look too bad, maybe defence is a bit slim but i think thats where most of us spend the least.

My mids are Danger, Ablett, Priddis, Shiel, Rockliff, M. Crouch, B.Crouch and Libba.

I don't k ow what the rest of your out fit looks like but both crouches seems risky you don't want to have to make to many corrections if they both don't come off. Could probably spend your money better off else where but as I said don't know what you have on other lines.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

Sorry. Can't talk you out of that ... I've gone with something similar myself?!

Alekstah

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm sure I can speak for most of us that we've had to do heeps of re-jiggling with some of the rookies not playing (Hartley, Grimley, Ruggles ect) in Round 1.

I've had to downgrade some of my bookend premo's like Fyfe and Goldie to free up cash to upgrade some of the rookies spots. Anyone else have last minute selection struggles too?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm sure I can speak for most of us that we've had to do heeps of re-jiggling with some of the rookies not playing (Hartley, Grimley, Ruggles ect) in Round 1.

I've had to downgrade some of my bookend premo's like Fyfe and Goldie to free up cash to upgrade some of the rookies spots. Anyone else have last minute selection struggles too?

Mate I almost didn't field a team last night! I have 118K to fill last Back bench spot so struggling at the moment,