Rate My Team

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Not usually a team poster... but here we go.......

View attachment 270
Looks pretty solid to me. Sinclair is interesting but I wouldn't try and talk you out of him if you've thought it through. Only a couple of other risks (Buddy, Greene) and they look pretty well calculated. If the come off they will pay off big time. If they don't come off you should be able to correct because your other picks are solid.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Alright, I'll post mine too. Made some reshuffling with Libba/Harwood leaving and Fyfe/Johanissen coming in. I'm pretty happy with how it's looking I think.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-21_16-40-13.png
    upload_2016-3-21_16-40-13.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 39
  • upload_2016-3-21_16-42-48.png
    upload_2016-3-21_16-42-48.png
    494 KB · Views: 35

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It's nice to see some different rookies in a team!
Happy with the likely slow burns of Wright and Grimley?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Looks pretty solid to me. Sinclair is interesting but I wouldn't try and talk you out of him if you've thought it through. Only a couple of other risks (Buddy, Greene) and they look pretty well calculated. If the come off they will pay off big time. If they don't come off you should be able to correct because your other picks are solid.

Sinclair I see as underpriced. Long term, he'll be F7 or at worst, a very solid ruck cover. Could average 90+ imo before the years out. Greene I just think will go large enough and up until now, I've had Dusty but his head's just not in the game right now so he could be a handy upgrade target when it is. Back lines is where the uncertainty is but where the most rookies are too. Cancel out the risk and just go rookies I reckon..

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
It's nice to see some different rookies in a team!
Happy with the likely slow burns of Wright and Grimley?
I like the blokes with good job security. Wright could push a good 65-70 average this year. A bag of goals against the Bombers or Blues in the opening rounds would be nice too :D

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Thoughts on the better team atm guys? Not sure about Selwood AND Dangerfield in the same team, but atm that's how I have it. Pending rookie selections I may downgrade one of them to a Shiel/Wines to free up some extra cash to spend on rookies.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 6.25.17 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 7.22.21 pm.png

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I've had Dusty but his head's just not in the game right now so he could be a handy upgrade target when it is.
You are absolutely certain about this? Yes the troubles with his Dad may play on his mind, but I am not certain they will effect his game too much. Unless you have some inside knowledge the rest of us haven't been privy too?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Thoughts on the better team atm guys? Not sure about Selwood AND Dangerfield in the same team, but atm that's how I have it. Pending rookie selections I may downgrade one of them to a Shiel/Wines to free up some extra cash to spend on rookies.

Both solid teams. Hard to pick between them as both have good things about them. I think I prefer the bottom one. If you decide to get rid of Selwood, it give you lots of options whereas the top team has little wriggle room.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
OK ... I have a feeling that most will see this as a pretty silly side with its ridiculously overstuffed midfield ...

Shaw, Bartel, Rich, Lonergan, Dea, Adams, Hartly, Ruggles

Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, B.Crouch, B.Kennendy, Gresham, Hewitt, Davis

Goldy, NicNat, Grimley

Barlow, Hall, Wells, Milera, Menadue, Kerridge, McCarthy, Tipungwuti

12K in the bank. The team obviously only works if enough rookies get upgraded / selected. I was forced to trade Mills down to Milera to make enough cash to boost a backline rookie into Rich. I could also have made cash by going one of the primo mids (GAJ? Fyfe?) down to Selwood and kept Mills at M8 ...

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
OK ... I have a feeling that most will see this as a pretty silly side with its ridiculously overstuffed midfield ...

Shaw, Bartel, Rich, Lonergan, Dea, Adams, Hartly, Ruggles

Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, B.Crouch, B.Kennendy, Gresham, Hewitt, Davis

Goldy, NicNat, Grimley

Barlow, Hall, Wells, Milera, Menadue, Kerridge, McCarthy, Tipungwuti

12K in the bank. The team obviously only works if enough rookies get upgraded / selected. I was forced to trade Mills down to Milera to make enough cash to boost a backline rookie into Rich. I could also have made cash by going one of the primo mids (GAJ? Fyfe?) down to Selwood and kept Mills at M8 ...

Don't mind it at all! I've got the exact same midfield with Mills at M8. I've cheaped out massively in defence and have managed to squeeze in another forward premium. I quite like this structure given the lack of solid rookies in the middle and that midfield will pump out some monster scores! The only differences I have are Shaw Milera and Mccarthy for Weitering Gray (Sam) and Mills.

Brad74

Mar 22, 2016
Okay guys, first time posting in the forums. My second year actually take SC seriously.

Thoughts on my team guys:
upload_2016-3-22_9-41-20.png

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
upload_2016-3-22_9-41-21.png
any suggestions on wat to do with the extra 275k i have or any changes you would make

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
View attachment 284
any suggestions on wat to do with the extra 275k i have or any changes you would make
Would you consider upgrading Gore to Crouch? Don't mind Sauce in the ruck either, haven't seen him in many teams. He won't have the same HTA as previous years without Danger but should still be a good pick. If you would prefer Martin then look at downgrading Cox to a Chol or something, as I doubt Cox will play. Looks like a pretty solid starting team though, I like it.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Would you consider upgrading Gore to Crouch? Don't mind Sauce in the ruck either, haven't seen him in many teams. He won't have the same HTA as previous years without Danger but should still be a good pick. If you would prefer Martin then look at downgrading Cox to a Chol or something, as I doubt Cox will play. Looks like a pretty solid starting team though, I like it.
haha i think you looked at two different teams there i have martin in ruck team above me has sauce not sure on gore to crouch is he going to play ??

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
There are some very decent teams getting around and some are very similar, and there's nothing really wrong with that. The differentiation will come in the trading, and guys that started with a similar team will end up 1000 points apart by seasons end.

Only 2 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!! I'm WAY more excited now than at Christmas time. How bad is that!?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
haha i think you looked at two different teams there i have martin in ruck team above me has sauce not sure on gore to crouch is he going to play ??
Way too many brads in this thread! That post was definitely meant for @Brad74

Reactions: Brad