Ranked top 1000. Going for the 50k.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Hey guys, need a little advice. Ranked 1060 with 16 trades and 41k in the bank. Really want to make a dent in my rank over next 3 weeks and get into top 500 by end of the byes.

Currently:
R11 players: 18
R12 Players 16
R13 players 18

Was thinking:
R11: Trade Rockliff for mid premo possibly wines/Selwood and CEY for Rookie. Boston seems to be the only one this week but has R12 bye which im pretty heavy with. Doing that leaves me with $200k
R12: McKenzie, Oxley, Krak to Hamling, Gibson/Higgins and FWD Rookie Jack Steele/Kane Lambert.
After seeing Oxley against Melbourne I'm leaning to hold him as he avg 80 and looks stable in pies defence. Is this a wrong thing to do?
R13: Saad to Sloane

While the prospect of the 50k is there I am going for it and if I fall behind, so be it. Im never gonna know if i dont try!

What do u think guys?

qqo61i.jpg

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Sounds like a plan. My only tip would be that you won't make up ground by picking the same players as everyone else. With your defence, check some ownership stats before bringing in those upgrades. Gibson and Higgins will be pretty common... Might be worth looking at PODs like Laird, Mackie and those types. Not saying it's a must to go that way but worth thinking about.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Sounds like a plan. My only tip would be that you won't make up ground by picking the same players as everyone else. With your defence, check some ownership stats before bringing in those upgrades. Gibson and Higgins will be pretty common... Might be worth looking at PODs like Laird, Mackie and those types. Not saying it's a must to go that way but worth thinking about.
Great idea Steve. Laird is killing it at the moment. Worth a look.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Ebert is killing it.
Advised a mate two weeks ago about him and he has been ripping it up. For some reason always in the third quarter.
of course I went for Selwood due to $ and history.
Good luck Geoff but how many points of top spot are you?
Also check out the #1 team rnd 12 outs. You can pick up a heap of ground there I think.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
and if you don't mind an injury risk Rioli has been in consistent form this season

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
If you want a real cheap point of difference in the forwardline Devon Smith could average as well as any other forward

Shane Edwards can't be underrated either
]
I like Smith Matt, but already have my quota of rnd 13 fwds. Considering him then but probably too late. dirt cheap at the moment. Hope he, shiel and shaw carve the pies today!

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
If you want a good POD maybe have a look at some of the Dogs who probably have the easiest draw coming home. Stevens is an interesting one and seems ready to be a consistent performer. Good POD for the forward line and also DPP. The other one in the midfield is Macrae who seems back in favour.Both have under 2% ownership.

Freo are the other team with a very easy draw. Maybe Walters who has had a consistent last month, although another good game today will see his price jump.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I wouldn't go with Stevens to be honest, should probably be aiming for a forward averaging 95-100 not 88, Jacko no doubt could be one hell of a pick though if he stays in the side

Reactions: J-Dog