Players X. vs Y. vs Z.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
If your going to run with Sandi then you probably have to go with Nank. But Roughy as you said could be a keeper so you may have to way up whats more important, possible keeper or cover? Can you fit both?

With a bit of a change around it's now more Swallow Vs Roughead & I think that's an easier one, Swallow unlikely to be a keeper in his position where'as Roughy is a chance at least, also I think I'd rather have SPP on field than a 130K rookie up forward.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Im not sold on Swallow. I would rather just take a rookie. Theres going to be alot of points shared up in gc i reckon.
Roughy is a tough one. Ive had him all preseason until recently. If i had to choose though i would definately go with option one. Goldy and roughy proven in the past, nank is new on the scene and sandi's body holding up will be the telling factor there but he wont play every game.

Can see where you are coming from with Swallow, I respect anyone who's starting without O'Meara &/or Swallow, I think i'd just gotten used to my mids with Swallow at M8 & it's going to take a little bit for me to be comfortable with a rookie there.

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015
Can see where you are coming from with Swallow, I respect anyone who's starting without O'Meara &/or Swallow, I think i'd just gotten used to my mids with Swallow at M8 & it's going to take a little bit for me to be comfortable with a rookie there.
I had both for ages but looking at a guns and rookies setup again in the midfield. It allows me 3 super premos in defence and to only start one rookie in my forward line. I saw cogniglio may not start the year which makes me think Taranto has a little better js now, still not amazing js but he has the DPP to go with it.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
At the moment I am tossing up between paying 588k for goldy or 674k to have Sandilands and nank for back up or my last option hickey 458k and 250k to spend in other places.
Somebody tell me what to do lol

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
At the moment I am tossing up between paying 588k for goldy or 674k to have Sandilands and nank for back up or my last option hickey 458k and 250k to spend in other places.
Somebody tell me what to do lol
Ask yourself what you are trying to do with your season. Are you trying to win a couple of cash leagues? Or are you trying to finish the highest you can in overall. This dictates how much risk you want to build into your team.

If you are trying to win the $50K you'll need to take a couple of big calculated risks and Hickey might fit the bill. He has a high ceiling. He's about the right age to improve significantly. He's in good form. And if you think the Saints are going to go better this year Hickey might be a good call.

If you are trying to win you cash leagues you might want to keep you risk profile a lot lower that picking a very speculative breakout candidate like Hickey. Thus you take one of the other options. Goldy if Preuss is not picked. Sandi/Nank if you think Nank can average about 90.

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Ask yourself what you are trying to do with your season. Are you trying to win a couple of cash leagues? Or are you trying to finish the highest you can in overall. This dictates how much risk you want to build into your team.

If you are trying to win the $50K you'll need to take a couple of big calculated risks and Hickey might fit the bill. He has a high ceiling. He's about the right age to improve significantly. He's in good form. And if you think the Saints are going to go better this year Hickey might be a good call.

If you are trying to win you cash leagues you might want to keep you risk profile a lot lower that picking a very speculative breakout candidate like Hickey. Thus you take one of the other options. Goldy if Preuss is not picked. Sandi/Nank if you think Nank can average about 90.
Cheers this is making me lean more towards hickey

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
JJK vs Lynch (Suns)

Had lynch last year, love the way he goes about it. Seems to be keen to work his way up the ground a bit more this year which could be good for 20 possessions/10 marks/4 goals. Should get a lot better service from the mids this time around too.

JJK has an amazing early run and starting with him could give a huge boost

I think they will both end up top 6 forwards. Ive had JJK since my first draft but Lynch looked great on the weekend and now I'm confused.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
JJK vs Lynch (Suns)

Had lynch last year, love the way he goes about it. Seems to be keen to work his way up the ground a bit more this year which could be good for 20 possessions/10 marks/4 goals. Should get a lot better service from the mids this time around too.

I think they will both end up top 6 forwards. Ive had JJK since my first draft but Lynch looked great on the weekend and now I'm confused.

I couldn't decide between them so i took both. Had Roo there but I went with the youth option. I think Lynch is poised for a big year.
If i had to choose one maybe, hmmmmmm.........., thinking.......tails.........JJK!
I don't think this really helped you sorry.
He does have a goodrun up to the byes though.

Reactions: Steve

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
JJK vs Lynch (Suns)

You'd go JJK to start and Lynch the upgrade option after the bye wouldn't you if you can't decide between them? Taking a Port or Suns player in your starting team is not far off locking in one less premium score X1 week. If you're taking a Suns player over a west coast player in your starting team you probably need the Suns player to outscore the WC player by 5ppg to break even.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
You'd go JJK to start and Lynch the upgrade option after the bye wouldn't you if you can't decide between them? Taking a Port or Suns player in your starting team is not far off locking in one less premium score X1 week. If you're taking a Suns player over a west coast player in your starting team you probably need the Suns player to outscore the WC player by 5ppg to break even.
How did I not realise that? The rest of my team is round 9-proof. Maybe I just got a bit over excited by Lynchs game the other day. JJK it is. Lynch a bye round upgrade.

Reactions: Prospector

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Franklin, Goldstein & O'Meara VS Greene, Sandilands & Hannebery

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Greene I'm less certain about, but I have Sandi and Hanners.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'd go Lynch and Taranto, the second option reeks of injury problems.
This is the debate I'm having. Swallow may be an injury worry but his JS is much better than Taranto. Lynch is obviously safer and a better prospect however that early bye throws a spanner in the works. Outside of JJK, Dahlhaus (I have both already), Nroo, Lynch and Higgins no forwards really take my fancy. I had Gunston for the majority of the preseason but his role in the last JLT has scared me off. So it's down to Tom "Shit bye" Lynch or Shaun "Elastoplast" Higgins with Nroo a bye round target