NRL Discussion 2016

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
Anyone playing NRL SC or any of the fantasy comps?

Here's my NRL SC team as of rd 3, 2 trades used...

Cam Smith (J-Niko)
Parker Fifita Mataora (Packer)
Burgess Cartwright Rochow Carter Turner (Saifiti)
SJ (Hastings)
Milford (Taylor)
T.Harris H.Hunt Gordon L.Mitchell (Davis Green Henry)
Inglis (Feeney)

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
GFN Losers
McCullough (JNik)
Surgess(C), JTurbo (Evans,jSafiti)
CP, Manners,Carty, Rochow, Carter (LeuLuai)
JT, ATaylor
CWalker (Hastings)
Croker, Harris, T Turbo, PMat (Green, CMAT, Mitchell)
Teddy, J Rankin

Traded out Feeny for Walker this week & Benry for PMAT. Kept the Rooster rookies on the bench seeings that had to travel to TSV. I played Mitchell & Even last week & they went OK, time will tell if good move or not. Also had JT asC last two weeks, but changed to Surgess this week. JT 129 on Thurs Night (OUCH!!)...

What's your team name, I'll set up Rivalry... Do you listen to Josh & Nick's podcast?

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
Nice team.

My team is called Superbucks. Rank is 24,722.

I don't listen to the podcasts I wasnt aware of them. They're good I take it?

I should have not gone with Hastings in the 17 but ah well. The roosters team is suffering out wide without Pearce/Maloney. Evans and SST were in my team a lot in the PS. Evans in particular I thought would get more TOG, he scores well while out there. I was meant to trade Benry last week but was unable to make it to trade. This week I moved Ferguson to Hunt for some cash, then moved Leuluai to Mataora.

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
(Podcast) Just interesting to hear their perspective on things. They had Sanga on last week which was good, he's doing shocking overall though...

Just set up a rivalry with you, so we can sledge one another over wins/losses....

Your team is solid, should raise up the rankings with that squad. Centres were difficult, but Hunt will be a good stepping stone. Gordon had been dsappointing but better game last night (I'm an Eels fan). Semi was on fire, can't wait to bring him in after the byes....

Reactions: jazz

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
I find NRL can be very hard to pick. Especially with the scoring system with tries etc being worth so much. You can find yourself behind very quick!. That Sangster guy usually has some pretty good tips so I read his articles when I can. Lone Scott as well on facebook gives out some good info. There is a NRL Prospectus as well, it was a really good write-up done by Renegades(?) and it's free.

I support the Broncs. They are my favourite team in any sport. I'm from Nth Queensland so I'm more of a leaguie than an Aussie Rules fan (but love it too). I like having Milford in the team, scored 120 or so tonight. Gutted we lost.

Tman

Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 25, 2015
Good to see another NRL fantasy player on board!

Playing all the main comps as always (fantasy, DT, SC)

Here's my SC team this round:

Peats C Carter
Parker Fifita (Snowden Leuluai)
SBurgess Rockow Moeroa Saifiti (Merrin Aloiai)
Hastings Taylor
Thurston VC (Feeney)
Harris Aubusson Mitchell PMat (Green, Olive, CMat)
Teddy Barba

Was ranked 30K after round 2 haha but going allright this round.

For some reason cannot ever do any good at NRL SC - just seem to get every injury every year. I started Segeyaro, Gallen, Henry obviosuly. Then traded Seg to Peats. Merrin out this week too. And that hack Snowden - still carrying him as been dealing with other issues!

Still im 812 with 5 players to come which seems decent this round so hoping for a big jump in the rankings. As usual ive started much better in the other 2 comps...

Whats up with McCullogh this year - i have him in DT and his scores are poor so far?

Also is Parker going to improve? Thought he'd play more minutes this year but so far not to be

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
That's a lot of pain there Tman.

I think Gillet is taking over from CP, in some aspects anyway. I'll hold CP until origin/byes, then see who the guns are after that. I would count him out just yet though. As for McCollough, surely he has to come good. He's still a hold for me. Really want to ensure that I hold trades this year, in both NRL & AFL. Upgraded the dud rookies last week & will do the same next week. Martin from the Panthers is a GUN, just don't know how I'm gonna get him in though.

I'd hold Peats too, he'll be back before you know it. Carter is good cover.

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
I don't really know what's going on with Parker/McCullough. I think Gillett is still playing edge but he's getting the minutes (80 last night I believe), and he's in good form. Parker seems to be getting less minutes which is unusual. It's as if he and McCullough stay off for a little longer now with the reduced interchanges (Andy didn't get 70 last night). If it turns out that these guys will play less all year then it will mean I overspent - not trading them now.

Not doing well in NRLF either. Had Merrin yesterday give me a 0. Started with Parker over Cam, Fergo/Slater over MGordon/Mansour, and no Tedesco. Slater was awful for me.

Tman

Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 25, 2015
Yeah not considering trading Parker or McCullogh just worried they arent producing at their previous high levels. Feel like McCullough is more likely to finish up at a similar level to last year, Parker more likely in decline with less minutes normal

I have Merrin in all comps too Jazz so that one hurt a little, do have Teddy in all comps too tho!

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
Yea I got Merrin in RDT as well. I am still thinking he could go really big this year and maybe become like Parker.

I was touch and go with Tedesco in every comp. I was thinking with Farah out he might be relied on more. But I thought he was overpriced for a very injury prone player. Looks like it's a massive fail so far he's dominating. RTS should be cheap soon, some better signs against the Storm. I'm seriously considering RTS this round for Slater in NRLF, I need to move him on.

Sam Burgess is not seriously hurt so we can breathe a sigh of relief for not having to use yet another LTI trade. The guy was killing it before getting taken off ~50 minute mark.

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016
Struggling this season in NRL. Add me as a rivalry if you want.
Team Name. Lone Rangers.
Feel good about the Eels this season. The Broncos Cowboys Bulldogs formline suggests we're going well.