Macrae

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Only in 1.6% of teams, what do we think of him as a POD? Dogs have a very friendly run home and he looks like he's learnt his lesson in the VFL and has really responded. I'm usually a bit reluctant to pick POD's as I figure you should look for scoring potential regardless of ownership, but he's cheap and can go big with a great draw. Do you think he could average 110 from here?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Only in 1.6% of teams, what do we think of him as a POD? Dogs have a very friendly run home and he looks like he's learnt his lesson in the VFL and has really responded. I'm usually a bit reluctant to pick POD's as I figure you should look for scoring potential regardless of ownership, but he's cheap and can go big with a great draw. Do you think he could average 110 from here?

Really hard to tell about Macrae. He was dropped last year as well. Only missed the one game because he was a late inclusion after being listed as an emergency. I noticed that in his last 2 games his CP/UP ratio was roughly 50/50 so you would think he has learnt whatever lesson he had to. His clearance count is up as well.
The main knock is his AF/SC ratio: 102/94 this year, 104/100 last year. Plus he is ranked 11th in clangers per game.

So, he may go big but is too big a risk. Just my opinion.

Reactions: J-Dog

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
If you've got 7 genuine premiums in your mids i wouldn't be against bringing in McRae, but I do like to try and kept less butchers in my team and I've already got JPK and Wines who like to slaughter the ball sometimes.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I was tossing up between him and heppell this week but went with heppell as his basement score is 80+ and maccas always a chance of being dropped for another lesson if he errs whereas heppell just looking like a mid you want for next ten years. Nearly an auto selection for me next year.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I was tossing up between him and heppell this week but went with heppell as his basement score is 80+ and maccas always a chance of being dropped for another lesson if he errs whereas heppell just looking like a mid you want for next ten years. Nearly an auto selection for me next year.
I've actually jumped on Heppell this week as well to replace Griffen, been eyeing him off for a few weeks with Essendons draw opening up