J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Clever choice of words mate!
Think Simpson's decline is probably a combination of age and Carlton's lack of form, plus Docherty taking over his rebounding role.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
As a Simpson owner I hadn't thought about Docherty's impact on his scoring, good point JDog. I think he has been playing wing/half back but I'm sure in previous years he would get a run through the midfield which I'm not sure he's seeing much of this year.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
So was Simpson dropped last week (or injured)? I totally missed what happened. If dropped did he play in the reserves - any intel on form?[/QUOTE]

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
afl.com.au reporting Simpson 'may' be over his injury (hamstring tightness).

Dr Bones

Premiership Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Bayside, Melbourne
I brought him in this week for Kelly on Friday night. Trade fail. He's good value at that price and I think he'll recover. Our most consistent backs have had a bad start to the year, partly because CD failed to tell us about their changes to the scoring in the backline which has swayed the points towards intercept marks and marks inside defensive 50 making KPDs score better, but also partly because of bad luck. I expect Hibberd and Simpson and Shaw et al to recover and rebound eventually.

Reactions: Fitzroy Guerrilla

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Shattered he's not named this week, any update on his injury? I can't find much on it anywhere.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Was listed as test - evidently failed. Calf - the old men's injury.

Would be a calf prospector, straining with his outside run probably. Not like selwood - hands, head, concussions feeding it to those type of players.
Not denigrating Simmo at all with the comment but to have the outside run and be effective you need to get the ball to those players and we can't get the ball.
Would personally like to see him in the fwd pocket / flank running past casboult every time he clunks a mark and banging a left foot goal from 50. But better men than I think differently.

Don't know if he's contracted but this year looks like the last for blokes that age as you may as well blood kids with potential (plus they are about 400k a year cheaper) and finish 16th, than try to keep an old reliable servant of the club going and making his last years painful. Kids will recuperate look at the floggings GWS got and their form now.

Vale Kade Simpson. (I've loved watching him play)
Hello The Doc!

Reactions: the cranky one