Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Apparently the guy who produces the SC FFGenie is having the year off.
Does anyone know of any equivalent resource? SC Gold provides something similar but not as good.
If anyone is having any difficulty in accessing the "Filters" available for researching players in SC Gold? I couldn't find it until I set my screen to zoom out to 90% .
Filter access.png

Last edited:
Reactions: the cranky one

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Apparently the guy who produces the SC FFGenie is having the year off.
Does anyone know of any equivalent resource? SC Gold provides something similar but not as good.
The changelog distributed with the source code says ...

"2017.1
1. Updated RDT players
2. SC disabled due to inability to login to their stupid site."

Reactions: doddy2731

grimlock

Mar 28, 2017
Hey guys!

I'm the creator of FFGenie. Due to strong demand, I've managed to get a 2017 version somewhat compatible with SC. I still can't login to their stupid site but I've provided a way for you to copy and paste the html which FFGenie can then extract the data from. All the instructions are in the program and it's pretty easy.

As a bonus feature I've managed to incorporate the comments and player notes that come with SC, these will appear as a tooltip when your mouse hovers over a player's row.

Currently I've only uploaded to the sourceforge site - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie

Make sure you download FFGenie2017.2.zip and not the src zip.

I will upload to the main website http://www.ffgenie.com later tonight.

Thanks for your support.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hey guys!
I'm the creator of FFGenie. Due to strong demand, I've managed to get a 2017 version somewhat compatible with SC. I still can't login to their stupid site but I've provided a way for you to copy and paste the html which FFGenie can then extract the data from. All the instructions are in the program and it's pretty easy.
As a bonus feature I've managed to incorporate the comments and player notes that come with SC, these will appear as a tooltip when your mouse hovers over a player's row.
Currently I've only uploaded to the sourceforge site - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie
Thanks for your support.
Hi grimlock.
Thank you so very, very much. I have been using FFGenie for a few years now and always wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the work you do and how useful I find your spreadsheet.
I'm pretty much a computer illiterate so I cannot make heads or tails of the .src files. However, the "launch" feature you provide is within my capabilities. I simply update round by round and even I can handle the various filters once the updates are done.:D
Please know that you have my profoundest gratitude.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Hey guys!

Thanks for your support.

I second everything @Rupert said.
Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys!

Thanks for your support.
You are a winner, grimlock! I was about to post your latest changelog update ...

"2017.2
1. Re-enabled SC. Updated SC players
2. Because of inability to login, now pop up a dialog asking the users to manually supply the html.
3. Provide status and comment information via a tooltip;"

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Ok so I'm completely computer illiterate and this is my first time using ffgenie... If somebody could talk me through this I would be forever grateful. I have downloaded it all and currently have it up on my laptop but the only game type that comes up is RDT. I can read in previous posts I am meant to copy and paste a url somewhere, but which url and where do I paste it to. Or is there somewhere where I can read to talk me through it??

Yes I'm like all your mothers except I know the difference between left-click and right-click

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Ok so I'm completely computer illiterate and this is my first time using ffgenie... If somebody could talk me through this I would be forever grateful. I have downloaded it all and currently have it up on my laptop but the only game type that comes up is RDT. I can read in previous posts I am meant to copy and paste a url somewhere, but which url and where do I paste it to. Or is there somewhere where I can read to talk me through it??

Yes I'm like all your mothers except I know the difference between left-click and right-click
I haven't yet been notified of a new "dist" version - grimlock said he'd load it tonight.
Leave the src (source code) version alone.
The website version is OK, but having the dist version is better, imo.
If/when we get the dist version, you download and move it somewhere (say C:/ffgenie). Then you start a command prompt - you with me here? You navigate to C:/ffgenie folder, then type (or copy and paste)

java -jar "FFGenie.jar"

and it runs, asking if you want DT or SC or both etc etc.

Atm this was only successful for me with DT, owing to the probs grimlock has spelled out. I'm hoping I can work my way through once I get the new "dist" version.

Good Luck!

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
More ... looks like the website version has SC now ...
To use that,
go to http://www.ffgenie.com/
click on the brightly pink and blue stuff
tell it to "start a new file"
choose SC in the drop down
click "OK" and wait a bit ...
up comes the spreadsheet

I can't make the website version automatically save my team, whereas the dist version run as I said above is more useful for me.
Once there was an exe version that had the java compiled or whatever they call it nowadays, but I think I'll try to work out a shortcut that gets me through the command prompt stuff.

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
So next you explore it - there are some really great filters and stuff to help you on price, b.e., total score and all sorts - great project!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Haychh : I am like you in being not so computer savvy. So I am going to go through in detail what I do. If I include steps that are automatic for you I apologize,
First, make sure you have downloaded version 2017.2 from the web-site @Prospector links above. It sounds like you downloaded version 2017.1.
Then go to the top left corner, click on "File" and from the drop-down menu click on "New".
Select "Super Coach" from the drop-down options and wait while your computer downloads the information.
When it has done so, you should now see a screen full of Adelaide players going in alphabetical order down the screen with all sorts of information relevant to each player extending to the right.
To avoid having to down-load this information each time you launch FFGenie save this information/file to your computer. Go to "File" again and choose "Save As" from the drop-down menu. I save to the same folder, I call it FFGenie, as the "Launch" file and name the saved file SC00.
If you now exit FFGenie and re-launch it you will automatically be given the option to restore this file and voila - the same screen filled with Adelaide players appears.

Each week you can down-load the updated information for each player. Usually Monday afternoon.
This is how I succeeded in Mozilla Firefox.
Click on "Update Last Round". A box will appear superimposed over FFGenie telling you how to download the updated information.
As it says, open SuperCoach and click on "Players". When they appear, right-click on the screen and select the option "View Page Source". A new web-page will open.
[When I did this Firefox told me there was a problem with the script and did I want to debug or stop the script. I chose stop the script and proceeded without any trouble.]
Go to the new web-page and highlight the html address. As I couldn't paste this address into the appropriate space in the box that opened in FFGenie I just dragged-and-dropped it into the space. Then clicked OK/Proceed/whatever.
Wait a while for the information to download and when it has done so you will see at the top right corner that round 1 is now displayed. Scroll across the screen to the extreme right and the last column should be all the rnd.1 scores,
Again, I save this file to my computer, as SC01. If you now exit FFGenie and re-launch it you will, again, be given the option to restore this file.

If you "Update Last Round" after each round and save the file you will be able to access the information at any time. Simply go to "File" and select "Open". Locate the FFGenie folder where all your rounds are stored and type in the particular round you want to review. You are not limited to the current round. If you don't save each round, you will not only have to re-import the "last round" information next time you launch FFGenie but you will not be able to access that information once you have updated a later round,

I hope you don't feel like I have insulted your computer intelligence and you are successful.

Last edited:

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
@Prospector @Rupert thank you so very much!! You are both absolute gems! I haven't had a chance to give it a crack yet but I will go through and should be able to get it up and running tonight. Thanks again!

grimlock

Mar 28, 2017
Yep don't download the source, download FFGenie2017.2.zip from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie/files/FFGenie 2017/2017.2/

But if that's even too hard for you, just run off the website http://www.ffgenie.com

The idea of saving works like this:

Treat it like a Word or Excel document.
When you open a new file, make sure you save or save as to somewhere on your disk. When you update to the latest stats make sure you save. When you open FFGenie the next time, it should automatically restore your saved work.

When a new round finishes, you can either do "Update Last" yourself, or wait for me to upload to my server, which will then automatically update your working file. However, since I'm going to be away for Rounds 2 and 3, you'll have to do Update Last yourself. Or as a last resort get a mate who successfully did the update to send you his file.

Reactions: tabs and Prospector

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
How do i open a jnlp file which it shows from the wesbite. Regards