Draft league?

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
Having trouble getting everyone back on board so if your keen for a keeper league we would be happy to have you. Hoping we can get all coaches back but if not you and Rupert will be first in line.
very keen on a keeper league. have done drafts in the past but never a keeper league, would bring some interesting strategies. very competitive and usually at the top end of of classic

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Still sitting at 11 teams after sending out invites for a 3rd time. Yourself and @Rupert will more than likely be getting a call up
Good, looking forward to it. And thanks.
I've scrolled through this forum so I've some idea of the specifics: 16 teams with a 4-5-1-4-5 structure.
But a couple of questions:
how many players are kept and when? I saw 10 suggested. Ideally it would be at least a week before the draft to allow coaches to organize their draft order.
if we end up with less teams, say 14, do the other players just get put back in the pool?
when do you anticipate the draft? I'd be happy with any date/time but I'd prefer not to have a clash with other drafts: I'm locked in to Sunday 10 March afternoon and Sunday 17 March evening.
how do you decide draft order? Randomly or does the order reverse the finishing positions last year? i.e. 16 = pick 1; 15 = pick 2 etc.

Last thought: if up to 4 teams are vacated I don't particularly care which one I take over, even the worst - it would be a nice challenge.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Good, looking forward to it. And thanks.
I've scrolled through this forum so I've some idea of the specifics: 16 teams with a 4-5-1-4-5 structure.
But a couple of questions:
how many players are kept and when? I saw 10 suggested. Ideally it would be at least a week before the draft to allow coaches to organize their draft order.
if we end up with less teams, say 14, do the other players just get put back in the pool?
when do you anticipate the draft? I'd be happy with any date/time but I'd prefer not to have a clash with other drafts: I'm locked in to Sunday 10 March afternoon and Sunday 17 March evening.
how do you decide draft order? Randomly or does the order reverse the finishing positions last year? i.e. 16 = pick 1; 15 = pick 2 etc.

Last thought: if up to 4 teams are vacated I don't particularly care which one I take over, even the worst - it would be a nice challenge.

Hey Rupert, there is a fella just starting up a keeper new league on the SCC discord. Would you be interested in joining?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hey Rupert, there is a fella just starting up a keeper new league on the SCC discord. Would you be interested in joining?
Depends.
I'm committed long-term to two: the re-draft SCC $100 and a UF one. If I join this one then that will make three. Which is probably enough.
Then again, if the conditions are right. I'd really like a 12-team, 5-7-1-5-4, no "c", auto-emergency off, rolling lock-out, keep 12 players league.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Depends.
I'm committed long-term to two: the re-draft SCC $100 and a UF one. If I join this one then that will make three. Which is probably enough.
Then again, if the conditions are right. I'd really like a 12-team, 5-7-1-5-4, no "c", auto-emergency off, rolling lock-out, keep 12 players league.

Nah all good mate thought I'd just throw it out there. I'm in 3 keepers and thats mare than enough for me too.

Reactions: Rupert

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
So what are we thinking of doing here? It seems stupid to find 4 coaches to take over abandoned teams. Maybe we should blow the whole thing up and start again?...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I really hope it doesn't come to this but we may have to.
It's always one problem that stays with this keeper thing and thats keeping coaches to make the whole thing work.
As much as it will hurt (as I'm very happy with my current team and where i think i was going) I'm down with starting again if it has to happen.

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
I really hope it doesn't come to this but we may have to.
It's always one problem that stays with this keeper thing and thats keeping coaches to make the whole thing work.
As much as it will hurt (as I'm very happy with my current team and where i think i was going) I'm down with starting again if it has to happen.
I’m happy to take the challenge of a dud team. As long as everything works out with logins and passwords Rupert was as well so if you can get two others then we’re good

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Haychh @doddy2731
If there is just myself and @M-Town Ballers to take over teams - why not settle for a 14-team league and put the extra players back in to the draft?
That way you won't have to start again and you'll probably have a better chance of everyone returning in 2020.

Reactions: M-Town Ballers

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
@Haychh @doddy2731
If there is just myself and @M-Town Ballers to take over teams - why not settle for a 14-team league and put the extra players back in to the draft?
That way you won't have to start again and you'll probably have a better chance of everyone returning in 2020.

I don't have any control on the league, but i don't know if the SC league setting allows it.
@Haychh will be able to confirm

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Yep still sitting at 11.

I'm all for starting a new one if everyone else is but the only way it is worth starting a new one is if we can get 12 or so 100% committed guys to join.

Also I checked I can't reduce the amount of teams in the original league.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Also I just had a look I have no way of seeing what players are in which team. I can see the pool of players from the unclaimed teams but not the specific teams they belong to. So If I was to assign new coaches to existing teams it would be complete luck of the draw who you end up with

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Also I just had a look I have no way of seeing what players are in which team. I can see the pool of players from the unclaimed teams but not the specific teams they belong to. So If I was to assign new coaches to existing teams it would be complete luck of the draw who you end up with
I think that both myself and @M-Town Ballers would be happy with any of the existing teams.
If there is no automatic way to reduce the number of teams in the original league would it be possible to ask the SC guys to help?
Otherwise it does look like a new league is the only way to go. Which is unfortunate for current coaches who are happy with their teams.

Sweenify

Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 2, 2016
I would be interested if you still need more people to fill in spots. Taking over someone else’s team is a bit weird though.