Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Will Lloyd be your first picked, or is there someone else that gets the juices flowing?
My D1 is Ryan currently. Just so many good options, but all of them have some questions lingering over their head.

Lloyd I can't pick currently. The end of the year has put me off. Maybe he's value? Maybe he's about right? Maybe he's sharing more now and is only a 95? I don't know which is correct...

Reactions: Bennos badgers

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My D1 is Ryan currently. Just so many good options, but all of them have some questions lingering over their head.

Lloyd I can't pick currently. The end of the year has put me off. Maybe he's value? Maybe he's about right? Maybe he's sharing more now and is only a 95? I don't know which is correct...

Dawson is a worry.

Reactions: J-Dog

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017

He’s awesome and would love to have him but there will be games where Dawson and co impact his scoring so I’ll wait and see.

I like Williams a lot but they have so much talent and his price might be a bit elevated after his pinch hitting in the midfield late last season.
My D1 at present is Daniel.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Will Lloyd be your first picked, or is there someone else that gets the juices flowing?
Happy to wait and see at that price. Call it the Dawson effect.
Reading good things about Doc in his scratch match yesterday against the Pies.
Picking him for sure. Farking jet.
He’s awesome and would love to have him but there will be games where Dawson and co impact his scoring so I’ll wait and see.

I like Williams a lot but they have so much talent and his price might be a bit elevated after his pinch hitting in the midfield late last season.
My D1 at present is Daniel.
Zac is such a great little player and the Giants could win 18 games this year...... would love to pick him.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Risky but Dan Houston is currently my D1, mainly because I just don’t have faith in any of the top defenders. I feel good about Sicily and Luke Ryan, but not good enough. So, I’ll sit back and assess once the season starts.

Houston didn’t do anything today to dissuade me either. Per Fantasy Freako;

“Team-high 24 CBA's for Houston - solid with 22 disposals, 9 tackles and 10 clearances. Also, 97 #SuperCoach and 95 #AFLFantasy pts.”

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Risky but Dan Houston is currently my D1, mainly because I just don’t have faith in any of the top defenders. I feel good about Sicily and Luke Ryan, but not good enough. So, I’ll sit back and assess once the season starts.

“Team-high 24 CBA's for Houston - solid with 22 disposals, 9 tackles and 10 clearances. Also, 97 #SuperCoach and 95 #AFLFantasy pts.”
71% TOG is a worry for me. Yes, it's only preseason. But that's also what he did in a few of the games late last year when playing mid. Was hoping he might have built more tank...

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
71% TOG is a worry for me. Yes, it's only preseason. But that's also what he did in a few of the games late last year when playing mid. Was hoping he might have built more tank...

Actually makes me feel better in a way. Well, it depends. Is that a reflection of his tank or a symptom of teams carrying 26 players into games during Marsh?

Good to know that he would have scored >100 even at 75% TOG...

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

It's hard to see Houston being a complete bust if he plays in the middle...... I'm just not sure he sets the world on fire either. I've got him in for now.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
It's hard to see Houston being a complete bust if he plays in the middle...... I'm just not sure he sets the world on fire either. I've got him in for now.

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking too. My D1 and D2 is Houston and Docherty, my hope is that they’ll finish the season as my D5 and D6.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Actually makes me feel better in a way. Well, it depends. Is that a reflection of his tank or a symptom of teams carrying 26 players into games during Marsh?

Good to know that he would have scored >100 even at 75% TOG...
I'm thinking it's just what he's going to do.

Also not a big believer in more TOG resulting in more points. Nic Nat and Shiel are good examples where they often score better with less TOG. I see it more about the aerobic capacity, recovery and ability to do repeat efforts when fatigued. Some players just can't do 80% and still have the same impact.

Was hoping with plans for mid time he had some fitness he could improve on. But maybe he is what he is.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I have also skipped Lloyd. Williams - Houston - Docherty are my top 3 at the moment.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Happy to see some other teams with Houston and Doc as D1 and 2. I think there's a lot of value down back this year which lets me spend up over the rest of the field.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Happy to see some other teams with Houston and Doc as D1 and 2. I think there's a lot of value down back this year which lets me spend up over the rest of the field.
I've got both Houston and Docherty but I'm cooling on Doch.
He looked very rusty against Freo and after two years out he might take some time to hit any sort of decent form.
Not dropping him just yet but hoping for some better form from him in Marsh 2.

Last edited:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I've got both Houston and Docherty but I'm cooling on Doch.
He looked very rusty against Freo and after two years out he might take some time to hit any sort of decent form.
Not dropping him just yet but hoping for some better form from him in Marsh 2.
I've got a big watch on both Houston and Doch for Marsh 2. Doch needs a bit more form that he showed. Houston needs to show me he can play 80% TOG to go with a midfield role.