2018 Forward Premiums

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yep Heeney looks a pretty safe bet, I've gone very cold on Dalh If I was going to put a dog in I think it would be McLean, I think Devon Smith will get you about 90, which is solid but I worry about his injury history which I think has been glossed over a bit.

Think I'll be waiting till after Port's bye to entertain Robbie Gray.

Reactions: cactus

Ellis inWonderland

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jan 10, 2016
Barlow?

The bye is a potential problem, but he seems under priced, and someone has to pick up the midfield load for Gold Coast.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Devon Smith attended the most centre bounces of anyone on the team (14) in their first JLT. Which kind of makes sense, the Bombers are pretty stacked in the forward line with smalls - AMT, Josh Green, Orazio...

If he's a $440k forward that spends 70-80% of time in the midfield, could be tough to leave out. We've seen him average 89 or more before (twice).

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Devon Smith attended the most centre bounces of anyone on the team (14) in their first JLT. Which kind of makes sense, the Bombers are pretty stacked in the forward line with smalls - AMT, Josh Green, Orazio...

If he's a $440k forward that spends 70-80% of time in the midfield, could be tough to leave out. We've seen him average 89 or more before (twice).

I've been trying to find reasons not to pick him & other than injury I can't find many, certainly role looks fine, I actually think its only got to be 50/50 Mid Fwd for him to be a top10 Fwd so role is looking great so far.

Cassat

Patron '18
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2016
Fremantle
Heeney has a bit of Ryan O'Keefe about him but I love the upside of Franklin so I am selecting the big Bud. He may end up as a POD at this stage which is a bit crazy.

F2 goes to Greene. He is kinda like the Heeney of GWS except more of a flog. if he can play out the whole season I think he can stay in the top 5.

F3 is Devon at this stage. I'm not entirely convinced but he is holding the spot at this stage. (I saw the sandwich joke up above which made me laugh, as an east coast import in WA I was shocked to learn that they don't know what devon is over here, they call it polony!)

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Heeney has a bit of Ryan O'Keefe about him but I love the upside of Franklin so I am selecting the big Bud. He may end up as a POD at this stage which is a bit crazy.

F2 goes to Greene. He is kinda like the Heeney of GWS except more of a flog. if he can play out the whole season I think he can stay in the top 5.

F3 is Devon at this stage. I'm not entirely convinced but he is holding the spot at this stage. (I saw the sandwich joke up above which made me laugh, as an east coast import in WA I was shocked to learn that they don't know what devon is over here, they call it polony!)
Greene is a no for me. Struggled with a foot injury through preseason which is notoriously a lingering injury. Upgrade target around the byes

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone tempted by Caddy at $420k after his two JLT performances? I think he looked in great shape and could score well this year.

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Anyone tempted by Caddy at $420k after his two JLT performances? I think he looked in great shape and could score well this year.

It's possible but I think he's a classic pre-season trap. Caddy likes to flat track bully (I say this as a Richmond fan) and won't get as much midfield time over the likes of Prestia or who was missing from the team last night. Caddy simply offers too much up forward for Richmond to gain significant midfield time.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
No.

Established scoring pattern. Might improve but very unlikely to improve enough to be better than an average pick.

I’m a Tige’s Supporter too. Caddy was a great pick up for the Tiges. He’s not a great pick up for your SC side IMO.

Reactions: Prospector

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
A lot of the guys betwen 400-500k are piquing my interest.

D. Smith
Barlow
Parish
Petracca
McLean

Think all of those guys are some sort of chance to bump their average to 100+

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Smith is currently sitting at F1 for me. I can't bring myself to pick any of the $500k+ guys at this stage. Greene and Buddy I can't see picking up their average. Heeney and Billings have had some hiccups and yet to prove good scoring over 22 games.

Agree there's a few in that $400-500k range who look good. Smith, Sicily are in there currently. I'm also watching Petracca, Acres and Barlow.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm getting nowhere working out who to actually select. So maybe the better exercise is to select who we think will be the top 6 scoring players (not averaging... Greene and JJK will average up there but miss too many games).

In no order :
Heeney, Buddy, Menegola, Smith, Billings, Walters

Petracca and Gray as smokeys.

The problem is, starting any more than 3 of those guys is a decent spend for no huge guarantee of being a top 6 forward. But with so few rookies to pick from, there might not be much choice. Do we fork out the cash for guys like Christensen, Bell, etc, who will at least play and score 70s, then when they hit 350-400k it's a simple 100-150k upgrade to a clear top forward?

Daniel Gregg-Mantle

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 6, 2018
I'm surprised there is not more talk around Toby McLean. He moved into a midfield role in the middle of last year, and averaged 97.2 in the last ten games of the season. Priced at an 85 average, with three consecutive years of score progression, I'm surprised he was dismissed quickly in the podcast. Also, scores of 90 and 99 in JLT with 24 man squads surely shows he's worthy of consideration? Thoughts?

Reactions: tiltraise

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'm surprised there is not more talk around Toby McLean. He moved into a midfield role in the middle of last year, and averaged 97.2 in the last ten games of the season. Priced at an 85 average, with three consecutive years of score progression, I'm surprised he was dismissed quickly in the podcast. Also, scores of 90 and 99 in JLT with 24 man squads surely shows he's worthy of consideration? Thoughts?
Yep, currently my F3. Seems to have surpassed Dahlhaus and playing almost purely midfield, good SC:DT ratio and by all reports one of Bevos favourites. Happy for him to fly under the radar tbh