2017 Backline Midpricers

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
If Jones was $200k then he would be in my team after Heeney going down. $300k is too much

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
If Jones was $200k then he would be in my team after Heeney going down. $300k is too much

I've found that with quite a few blokes this year, lot of guys i think will improve a lot but starting in the 300K-375K range and it's a real dead zone except for injury affect premos.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
He's definitely the guy I am way too keen on this year. Just snuck back into my team at D3. Will he stay there? Probably not.

Very irrational love right now.

Reactions: Mick

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Where are people at with Marchbank? He's had an impressive JLT and some talk that Weitering may play forward could see Marchbank play that intercept marking role in a Carlton backline that's likely to see a lot of ball. Priced nicely for a player that's a lock in Carlton's 22 and I see averaging 80+. Currently he's my D2 which is a bit yuck but there's so many good defensive rookie options this year.

Reactions: Haychh

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Where are people at with Marchbank? He's had an impressive JLT and some talk that Weitering may play forward could see Marchbank play that intercept marking role in a Carlton backline that's likely to see a lot of ball. Priced nicely for a player that's a lock in Carlton's 22 and I see averaging 80+. Currently he's my D2 which is a bit yuck but there's so many good defensive rookie options this year.
Marchbank has also impressed me and currently is in my side but at D5. Eventually he will probably land at D4. D2 is way too ballsy. Obviously you have a different list of back rooks than I have.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I like him, looks solid and as you said is best 22. D3 for me currently.

Reactions: Dino and Haychh

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015
Tough to guage for me. Ill probably end up picking him but wouldve like to see him play a bit more with doherty amd simpson before i HAD to choose. Worst case scenario is at least you can get any rookie that comes up by round 3 and pocket a bit of cash for any other corrective trades

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
My backline is starting to worry me. It includes 3 adelaide boys and 2 carlton boys as my D1-D5. Anyone else in the same position?

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Tough to guage for me. Ill probably end up picking him but wouldve like to see him play a bit more with doherty amd simpson before i HAD to choose. Worst case scenario is at least you can get any rookie that comes up by round 3 and pocket a bit of cash for any other corrective trades

My concern is what happens when goes back.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

My concern is what happens when Weitering* goes back.

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015
My concern is what happens when Weitering* goes back.
Ah i see what you mean now. I like that they are trying him forward, it makes sense with their lack of key forwards. JLT is so hard to figure out who will play where, especially with Gawn and Goldstein. But with Weitering it has an effect on our defence setups too...
Fair point raised there. Could be alot of points shared in defence for Carlton

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Agreed. Not a big fan, but he's in my team at D3. The backline is supposed to be the best line for rookies... but outside of Hampton and Keefe, there's not much I trust... let alone good scoring potential.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Alright so I know I brought this up earlier in the thread but seriously, Jake Lloyd! Really really tempting, played the last two JLT games.

Game 1: 27 Disposals @ 92% DE (in pissing down rain) 95 SC

Game 2: 30 disposals @ 93% DE 113 SC

Hard to ignore those numbers

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Alright so I know I brought this up earlier in the thread but seriously, Jake Lloyd! Really really tempting, played the last two JLT games.

What did Parker, and Hanners and JPK score in those games? What is going to happen when the real stuff starts? I'm not saying don't pick Lloyd but think think you have to be twice as sure with a breakout as you are with a fallen primo ...

I watched the last game and Hanners didnt look like he was putting in to me.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

True, he will be playing off HBF and his mid time will be on a wing. I'm looking at a cheaper Swan def especially with not many rookies playing R1

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

Also worth considering that Mills sat out half the game last weekend, and more importantly, McVeigh and Jack will come into the team as some point when fit. If you're picking Lloyd at this price you must think he's a keeper but his role is too questionable with those players coming back for mine.