Round 20 trades......

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
Made top 4 in all my leagues that count, 4 trades left looking to trade libba, I was thinking a sideways to Ebert? Otherwise have to burn 2 trades to get a coniglio/Neale type. Thoughts?

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Who is my weakest finals player. Greene Cripps Cotchin or Rich. Have 4 trades mostlikely trading hall out for dalh. Should i just do 1 this week or be aggresive for the week off.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Who is my weakest finals player. Greene Cripps Cotchin or Rich. Have 4 trades mostlikely trading hall out for dalh. Should i just do 1 this week or be aggresive for the week off.
Hard for Cotch to score well when the Tiges are getting pole-axed every week ... but I'd probably stick to bringing in Dahl in your possie. I still have scars from last year when I ran out if trades and copped a donut from Fyfe in the grand final.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I need a forward under 507K and there ain't much to pick from. Already have Tags and Dahl. Buddy is an option but could he get rested? Probably not with Tippett out I guess. Toby Green is an option ... could go left field with a Motlop or a Touk Millar.

If you have more than one trade, can I throw Naismith into mix as a fed - job security is growing, still priced as a bargain, scores well and the extra cash you make around 200k can be used to prop up elsewhere

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Got 3 trades in the bank but going to go all out this week and next.

Deledio - Buddy.
Mathieson - Dahlhaus (Next week). Gives me Dahlhaus/Clay Smith as M9/F7 cover.
Collins - Bartel.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Pending selection I've decided I'm doing it.

Libba out. Motlop in. May the Supercoach Gods have mercy on me.

Reactions: cactus

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

Wow.

It may work out for you as he's looked better in the past couple of weeks. I'll be barracking for him extra hard for you. ;)

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Wow.

It may work out for you as he's looked better in the past couple of weeks. I'll be barracking for him extra hard for you. ;)
I have 3 trades, 20k, plus Hall, Wells and Stef who may all hurt me in the next few weeks if I only have 1 trade left. The way I see it, at worst Motlop averages what Libba would have anyway. At best he beats up on the lower ranked teams, has 25 and 4 goals for the next 4 weeks and averages 125. I wouldn't do it if I had more trades, could afford Dahlhaus or was top 4 in most of my leagues. Can't hurt to have a crack.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016

I picked up Motlop when he was as low as u can go and averaging 50-60 partly as coverage for my bench but also given his big early scores when he was fit and injury free.

I have bench loopholed him last 3 weeks as he is a confidence player and you don't know whether he will go 110 or 60 - fortunately as cats have played early this has worked and he has earned his stripes as his work rate is up and he is injury free. It also helps him when the cats don't play ES, he likes the bigger grounds.

He is also mid/fwd so extra benefits, I'm just hoping that his renewed interest continues and he finds that form of earlier in the year.

Reactions: cactus and Steve

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
5 Trades left - 129k. Teams announced. Need some creative minds please.
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Rich (S Collins, O McDonald)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Ward, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S THOMPSON (J Smith, Trengove, HALL)
Ruck: Gawn, S MARTIN (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Petracca, Tippa (DELEDIO, T Phillips)

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
5 Trades left - 129k. Teams announced. Need some creative minds please.
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Rich (S Collins, O McDonald)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Ward, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S THOMPSON (J Smith, Trengove, HALL)
Ruck: Gawn, S MARTIN (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Petracca, Tippa (DELEDIO, T Phillips)
You have to cover that ruck donut. Think about offloading Deledio for a Naismith or Hickey type. Then I would chuck the C on Smith in the guts and see how he goes. If he scores 80+ then take it. If not then trade Thompson or Hall to anyone.

If this was me, with 5 trades and 129k I would get aggressive.

Deledio to Naismith
Smith to Zerrett

It means next week (hopefully) you get Hall and Thompson back, Tippa and Petracca go back to your bench as cover and you have decent ruck cover for the next few weeks as well.

Reactions: Dino

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for that. Do you mean the (E) on Smith to see how he goes tmw night?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Feeling like I should trade Shiel not sure whether to get like a Pendles/Selwood or pick out a player with a really easy run home like Cripps.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Feeling like I should trade Shiel not sure whether to get like a Pendles/Selwood or pick out a player with a really easy run home like Cripps.
I'd go for Selwood or Selwood. Uber Premium AND a really easy run home.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Even with Geelong chasing % he's a rest risk imo.
I see where you're coming from but I'm just not sure that the top teams, chasing %age are going to rest too many. The Bye before finals potentially limits players games time in the final month already and I think coaches are going to want as much continuity as poss as a result. Peddles is a great option too obviously but even he has had a cloud over his fitness this week. It's a gamble either way.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I see where you're coming from but I'm just not sure that the top teams, chasing %age are going to rest too many. The Bye before finals potentially limits players games time in the final month already and I think coaches are going to want as much continuity as poss as a result. Peddles is a great option too obviously but even he has had a cloud over his fitness this week. It's a gamble either way.

He's definitely less likely to not be rested than rested but I do think he could spend some time forward &/or manage his minutes in game, I think Danger will be the same tbh it's just that Danger kicks goals when he goes forward.

Reactions: Prospector