R15 Trades

Jun 9, 2015
hey what do you guys think of broad? Do you reckon he's good enough to go early? I know JS probably isn't great....but I'm looking for a final downgrade to fund my last trades to complete my team...was looking to trade hopper or mccarthy down and can get a rookie in DEF, FWD or MID via swings if need be. Best rookie selection this week if you had to pull the trigger?..!

Phillips easily if you don't have him

Jun 9, 2015
I must admit, I finding it hard to follow my own advice and hold this week. I had always planned on dropping Davis for any rookie this week (turns out to be Joyce) and upgrading Collins to Docherty. This leaves me with 8 trades and 18 starters (inc. Joyce and Lee who is expected to return) for this week. My weakest players on each line after this week are Rich D6 (Adams D7 floating to F7), Libba M8 (Trengrove M9 and dual MPP M10/11), and Hall and Kerridge F5/6 (Petracca F7). Not quite full premo but solid enough and with good flexible cover.

Against my better judgement I'm looking at Rich to McVeigh. Rich will almost always score 80-90. He doesn't go huge because he gets tagged as soon as he has an influence. His worst games tend to be 65s. McVeigh bottoms out at 70s but has 120s to even them out. I'm pretty sure the trigger happy part of me just wants to make the trade so I don't have to take Lee or Joyce and their inevitable 30 this week. I guess it comes down to which player I think is the highest priority upgrade between Rich, Libba, Hall and Kerridge.

TL;DR

Davis to Phillips.
Rich to McVeigh.
Kerridge to best available.

That's what I'd be doing. Collins has a BE of -30 no point moving him on now.
Kerridge has hit his ceiling and breakeven is now 106.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Davis to Phillips.
Rich to McVeigh.
Kerridge to best available.

That's what I'd be doing. Collins has a BE of -30 no point moving him on now.
Kerridge has hit his ceiling and breakeven is now 106.
Got Phillips 2 weeks ago. I'll have a play around with a few things. Might move Rich on this week and use 1 trade on Collins when he maxes out

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'm entertaining the idea of bringing in Tom Lynch (GC). Anyone taken the time to look at their run home?? Wowee! talk about cruisey! I'm a big fan of his and am adamant he would have been able to give the Coleman a nudge in a half handy team this year. Currently averaging 88 in a team with 3 wins to their name as a key forward is a credit to him. He is currently priced at $386k with a BE of 21. Has had a couple stinkers VS Sydney in the Water Polo match played a few weeks back and VS GWS when they copped a shellacking but apart from that has been servicable, anyone else considering or am I mad??

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm entertaining the idea of bringing in Tom Lynch (GC). Anyone taken the time to look at their run home?? Wowee! talk about cruisey! I'm a big fan of his and am adamant he would have been able to give the Coleman a nudge in a half handy team this year. Currently averaging 88 in a team with 3 wins to their name as a key forward is a credit to him. He is currently priced at $386k with a BE of 21. Has had a couple stinkers VS Sydney in the Water Polo match played a few weeks back and VS GWS when they copped a shellacking but apart from that has been servicable, anyone else considering or am I mad??

Don't hate it but also don't expect him to score much more than a 90 ave which is good value for the price but not really what you're looking for at this stage of the season that being said if getting him in allows you to go super premo somewhere else it'd even out nicely.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Well the podcast has given me something to think about. All season my plan was to have a premo on the DEF and FWD bench for cover and things have pretty much fallen into place so I can do this. I thought things were meant to get easier once our teams were almost fully upgraded :p

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Well the podcast has given me something to think about. All season my plan was to have a premo on the DEF and FWD bench for cover and things have pretty much fallen into place so I can do this. I thought things were meant to get easier once our teams were almost fully upgraded :p
Was very surprised to hear Marcus say he's not keen on it. Mark has always been against it. Maybe Marcus is finally catching up haha

Reactions: Dino

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
He started off averaging 105+ when the Suns were competitive. Then the Suns went on a run of getting absolutely belted and his scores dropped off. The Suns are getting form back and they should be competitive in all their remaining games and none of their opponents have particularly strong defences, with the exception on both counts of GWS in round 20.

I think I might be on board too. If the Suns are competitive in all those games I can easily see him averaging over 100, maybe even over 105. Worst-case he maybe averages 95 which I'd still be happy with for F6 which is a bargain at that price. I think I might have talked myself into it....

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Marcus did say it has been a learning process over a number of years lol.

I may be forced to continue on with my plan as I have traded myself into a bit of a hole and the prospect of weak cover doesn't inspire me too much

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Personally i'm just playing it week to weak at the moment seems like worst case I'll have Petracca and Kerridge as bench covers

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
My ultimate plan for cover (which largely depends on how I trade this week) is :

Def : Adams, Collins
Mid : Trengrove, Phillips/Joyce, Petracca
Ruck : hahaha yeah right
Fwd : Kerridge/Hall, Hammelmann (def/fwd with Adams)

Plenty of solid 70-80 scorers and flexibility across all lines except ruck. Injuries permitting I'm hoping and planning to hit finals at full premo with 3-4 trades left and the above cover.

Reactions: TomCat and Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
My ultimate plan for cover (which largely depends on how I trade this week) is :

Def : Adams, Collins
Mid : Trengrove, Phillips/Joyce, Petracca
Ruck : hahaha yeah right
Fwd : Kerridge/Hall, Hammelmann (def/fwd with Adams)

Plenty of solid 70-80 scorers and flexibility across all lines except ruck. Injuries permitting I'm hoping and planning to hit finals at full premo with 3-4 trades left and the above cover.
Nice deep coverage and swings going. Exactly the scenario the boys described on the pod. Well done if you can achieve this.

Def: OMac, Collins
Mid: Trengove, Phillips, Jansen
Ruck: lol
Fwd: Kerridge, non playing M/F rook

Thats my scenario. This would leave me with 6 trades. My original plan was to also downgrade OMac and upgrade Collins to Doch and although it would give me awesome bench coverage, it would leave coverage a little thin. May still do it as this wasn't planned until rd 18.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
No trades for me, sounds weird I know but I have 19 players and only 7 trades left. Ranking is still terrible and have written this year off. Better luck next year for me hopefully. What should be a reasonable amount of trades left after the bye rounds?

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016

I like the thinking behind bringing in Tom Lynch, Ablett is back in town and the supply has improved up forward for him. Given the GCS cushy run home where they are playing teams they beat earlier in the year, could we assume that Lynch and Hall will both improve (still holding Hall). Hall's output has been minimal but now that more attention is on Ablett, those contested possessions may return if he lifts his work rate ......that's my hope anyway

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Thoughts on Z.Merrett vs Deledio, need to trade a forward in this week

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Thoughts on Z.Merrett vs Deledio, need to trade a forward in this week

I'm going with Deledio because he's a proven premium and I'll enjoy barracking for him more than Merrett.

There isn't much between these two and I think both are good picks.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Against my better judgement I'm looking at Rich to McVeigh. Rich will almost always score 80-90. He doesn't go huge because he gets tagged as soon as he has an influence. His worst games tend to be 65s. McVeigh bottoms out at 70s but has 120s to even them out. I'm pretty sure the trigger happy part of me just wants to make the trade so I don't have to take Lee or Joyce and their inevitable 30 this week. I guess it comes down to which player I think is the highest priority upgrade between Rich, Libba, Hall and Kerridge.
TL;DR

Steve, I don't really see much difference between McVeigh and Rich's scores bud. If upgrading Rich I'd suggest a top 6 Defender mate. I'm in the same boat with him but will only trade him for Docherty at this stage.

Reactions: TomCat and Steve

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
have decided not to get gawn this week. Will either go NicNAt to Gawn or Martin next week depending upon how much cash i need