Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Was going to look at Deledio, but apparently he's said he'll be playing 100% forward for the rest of the year. Strikes him off the list in my book.

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Was going to look at Deledio, but apparently he's said he'll be playing 100% forward for the rest of the year. Strikes him off the list in my book.
Wasn't he predominantly playing forward at the end of last year?

Jun 9, 2015
I've gone hard on trades this year. Cutting it fine, but hoping to continue to climb as a result.

This week:
Gresham to Phillips
Rich to McVeigh

Next week Libba to Coniglio which will leave me with 4 trades. Barring injuries, and a spike in form from Hall, I'll probably trade him out for Dahlhaus a week or two after his return & price drop.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Beverage saying JJ is a a chance to come straight into the seniors this week. Dahl still 2 - 3 weeks away according to the doggies updated injury list.

Reactions: doddy2731

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Wasn't he predominantly playing forward at the end of last year?

Yeah was, also played as a FWD this week, it's a slight concern but can still average 105 in the forward line imo.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Beverage saying JJ is a a chance to come straight into the seniors this week. Dahl still 2 - 3 weeks away according to the doggies updated injury list.

Hopefully back through the VFL, holding a spot for him but don't really have a rook to upgrade yet.

Steven

Mar 19, 2016
Currently undefeated in my league, 3 games clear on top with 9 Trades remaining.
Do I hold onto my trades and attack the last few rounds & potentially lose a couple of games along the way or do I trade aggresively this week in order to complete my team?
Trades would be;
Ruggles to Broad
Adams to McVeigh or JJ (if named)
Hall to Deledio.

Or Be more conservative and trade Ruggles to Broad & Hall to Deledio and hold off on upgrading Adams?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Currently undefeated in my league, 3 games clear on top with 9 Trades remaining.
Do I hold onto my trades and attack the last few rounds & potentially lose a couple of games along the way or do I trade aggresively this week in order to complete my team?
Trades would be;
Ruggles to Broad
Adams to McVeigh or JJ (if named)
Hall to Deledio.

Or Be more conservative and trade Ruggles to Broad & Hall to Deledio and hold off on upgrading Adams?
If Barlow has taught us anything, it's we need to have trades come finals time. Do you have decent bench coverage? Seeing your full team would be an advantage and make it easier to give feedback.

Surely you have to wait until JJ plays 1 or 2 games before bringing him in. Big risk after a serious injury especially as you won't to make the most of your remaining trades.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
When i find myself trigger happy with trades,
Wise man Dino comes to me.
Speaking words of wisdom,
Let them be.

Leave your trades alone. Everyone will be burning theirs just trying to catch you. If you can go into finals with 5 or 6 trades you would be incredibly stiff to not at least make the GF.

Reactions: TomCat and Dino
Mar 3, 2016
hey what do you guys think of broad? Do you reckon he's good enough to go early? I know JS probably isn't great....but I'm looking for a final downgrade to fund my last trades to complete my team...was looking to trade hopper or mccarthy down and can get a rookie in DEF, FWD or MID via swings if need be. Best rookie selection this week if you had to pull the trigger?..!

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
The Barlow blow is a worry, at least he has made money and a has a low BE of 49.

Do we trust RTB or trade Barlow ??

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Think I'll got with just Phillips in for Ruggles, allowing me to put Rich back in the defense and with DPP on all lines, cash in hand for inevitable trade-for-injury scenarios.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
When i find myself trigger happy with trades,
Wise man Dino comes to me.
Speaking words of wisdom,
Let them be.

Leave your trades alone. Everyone will be burning theirs just trying to catch you. If you can go into finals with 5 or 6 trades you would be incredibly stiff to not at least make the GF.
I'm focused more on overall ranking than leagues this year. Will have 5 coming out of the byes with only AMT at D6 left to upgrade, who I'm going to leave for a couple of weeks in the hope of him coming out of the bye refreshed and full of run. The other possible upgrade is Josh Kelly at M8 and hopefully in a week or two I can spend $50k to turn him into Hanners when Kelly peaks in price and Hanners bottoms out.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I must admit, I finding it hard to follow my own advice and hold this week. I had always planned on dropping Davis for any rookie this week (turns out to be Joyce) and upgrading Collins to Docherty. This leaves me with 8 trades and 18 starters (inc. Joyce and Lee who is expected to return) for this week. My weakest players on each line after this week are Rich D6 (Adams D7 floating to F7), Libba M8 (Trengrove M9 and dual MPP M10/11), and Hall and Kerridge F5/6 (Petracca F7). Not quite full premo but solid enough and with good flexible cover.

Against my better judgement I'm looking at Rich to McVeigh. Rich will almost always score 80-90. He doesn't go huge because he gets tagged as soon as he has an influence. His worst games tend to be 65s. McVeigh bottoms out at 70s but has 120s to even them out. I'm pretty sure the trigger happy part of me just wants to make the trade so I don't have to take Lee or Joyce and their inevitable 30 this week. I guess it comes down to which player I think is the highest priority upgrade between Rich, Libba, Hall and Kerridge.

TL;DR

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
at the moment im going
gresham to phillips
kerridge to simpson

Shaw, Docherty, Simspson, Boyd, Laird, Rich, Tucker, Collins
Dangerfield, Selwood, Pendlebury, Hannebury, Ablett, Steven, Parker, Priddis, Trengrove, Phillips, McPherson
Gawn, Goldy, Grimley
Martin, Zorko, Montagna, Wells, Hall, Suckling, Mendadue, Reid

is there something else i should be doing ???
should i look at Rich to McVeigh or Hall to someone

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I must admit, I finding it hard to follow my own advice and hold this week. I had always planned on dropping Davis for any rookie this week (turns out to be Joyce) and upgrading Collins to Docherty. This leaves me with 8 trades and 18 starters (inc. Joyce and Lee who is expected to return) for this week. My weakest players on each line after this week are Rich D6 (Adams D7 floating to F7), Libba M8 (Trengrove M9 and dual MPP M10/11), and Hall and Kerridge F5/6 (Petracca F7). Not quite full premo but solid enough and with good flexible cover.

Against my better judgement I'm looking at Rich to McVeigh. Rich will almost always score 80-90. He doesn't go huge because he gets tagged as soon as he has an influence. His worst games tend to be 65s. McVeigh bottoms out at 70s but has 120s to even them out. I'm pretty sure the trigger happy part of me just wants to make the trade so I don't have to take Lee or Joyce and their inevitable 30 this week. I guess it comes down to which player I think is the highest priority upgrade between Rich, Libba, Hall and Kerridge.

TL;DR
I read it and will be holding Rich this week. My concern is that Zorko and Robbo wont be back next week, Rich will get the tag and the contract negotiations between Rocky and the Lions will spiral out of control

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Here is a question for all Zac Merrett owners......

I havent seen the dons play this year at all, its one of the privileges of living in NSW.

Is it worth while trading Zac in? Is he spending quality time in the mids for dons?