Round 4 Trades

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Only concern that I have with this trade is that you need to account for the fact that Menz is likely to be rested for a couple of games. Other than that sit back and enjoy the show. :)

Yeah can definitely see it happening 2-3 times and he might just have some bad games too, but that upside is enormous, I mean he had a decent at beast game last week and knocked out 90.

WOLVES

Mar 22, 2016
Need some advice from the community - I have Trent McKenzie in defence who is is injured and brad crouch who is out for a few weeks. At this stage my ideal trade would have been McKenzie to Ruggles/Hartley (not sure who to pick) and Crouch to Priddis but I am short $21000. Priddis will drop down in price next week unless he has a monster game. So I could wait a week and how he drops $21000 or look at alternative player such as Zorko . What do you think?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Yeah can definitely see it happening 2-3 times and he might just have some bad games too, but that upside is enormous, I mean he had a decent at beast game last week and knocked out 90.

I wish that I had an excuse to bring him in this week but unfortunately I don't. I'm kinda hoping that someone in my team gets injured so I have a reason to trade him in next week. :oops:

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Need some advice from the community - I have Trent McKenzie in defence who is is injured and brad crouch who is out for a few weeks. At this stage my ideal trade would have been McKenzie to Ruggles/Hartley (not sure who to pick) and Crouch to Priddis but I am short $21000. Priddis will drop down in price next week unless he has a monster game. So I could wait a week and how he drops $21000 or look at alternative player such as Zorko . What do you think?

I much prefer Priddis over Zorko so I would recommend waiting a week. But are you aware that there are rumours that Priddis is unlikely to play tonight?

WOLVES

Mar 22, 2016
I much prefer Priddis over Zorko so I would recommend waiting a week. But are you aware that there are rumours that Priddis is unlikely to play tonight?

Thanks for the heads up TomCat and I think waiting a week is the right move too now. The only concern I have is that I still wont have enough money to make my upgrade so do I work on making some cash with Hartley/Ruggles for McKenzie and Crouch for Parish.

The alternative I was thinking of McKenzie to Hartley and Crouch to Houli via DPP which means the cash is not wasted on the bench or bank and I get a player in defence that should be a top 8 defender

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Was thinking of a potentially crazy idea. Was thinking of grabbing for Oliver and Parish for two players who aren't playing at the moment in Gresham and Dunkley. Is it a waste? Have 300k in the bank. Go or unnecessary? Can then move Kerridge to forward for Menadue. Starting to like the idea but I haven't had my morning coffee so I could be talking garbage at the moment.

Do it. Don't listen to these guys. They're all pussies. Gotta be in it to win it. No guts no glory............

*might be providing advice based on my own self interest in seeing you crash and burn........ big time.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Good point. My thinking is, my reasoning for not going with Gaz was because I thought he may be underdone, but he has come out and proven that as 100% false. He is a lock to be in the top 3 Mids at the end of the year barring injury. Most other premo mids apart from Danger and Fyfe all have question marks, so why not get him in ASAP for a sputtering/broken down Rockliff

How many games is going to play this year?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Thanks for the heads up TomCat and I think waiting a week is the right move too now. The only concern I have is that I still wont have enough money to make my upgrade so do I work on making some cash with Hartley/Ruggles for McKenzie and Crouch for Parish.

The alternative I was thinking of McKenzie to Hartley and Crouch to Houli via DPP which means the cash is not wasted on the bench or bank and I get a player in defence that should be a top 8 defender

If you can't wait a week I'd probably go with option 2 and upgrade. Personally I like KK over Houli tho.

Reactions: the cranky one

zac

Apr 8, 2016
should i keep greene and trade mcgovern for houli or smith and mckenzie for ruggles that means or should i trade greene put kerridge up forward and get gablett in the mid and then again get ruggles for mckenzie

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
should i keep greene and trade mcgovern for houli or smith and mckenzie for ruggles that means or should i trade greene put kerridge up forward and get gablett in the mid and then again get ruggles for mckenzie
I don't think Greene should be traded at all. It's not like he is injured or severely down on form. He had 20 touches and 9 tackles on the weekend. He scored 50 because his DE sucked, he handballed like 17 times and gave away 3 frees (all off top of my head, may be a little off mark). He got 120 week before.

He was selected as a keeper. If you have no other issues with your team I'd say hold and gain a trade on the pack. That's my plan

zac

Apr 8, 2016
I don't think Greene should be traded at all. It's not like he is injured or severely down on form. He had 20 touches and 9 tackles on the weekend. He scored 50 because his DE sucked, he handballed like 17 times and gave away 3 frees (all off top of my head, may be a little off mark). He got 120 week before.

He was selected as a keeper. If you have no other issues with your team I'd say hold and gain a trade on the pack. That's my plan
i dont like him or mcgovern thats why im trading one of them they both averaging shit all i believe greene is a better chance of getting a high score and i think mcgovern is gone thats why im thinking of houli or smith for mcgovern now

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
i dont like him or mcgovern
A lot of folks here will tell you to go with players you like in future - unless you're sure they'll kill it. That goes for Pies to me - except Pendles, and he's sucking right now!

zac

Apr 8, 2016
A lot of folks here will tell you to go with players you like in future - unless you're sure they'll kill it. That goes for Pies to me - except Pendles, and he's sucking right now!
i loved him at the start of the season but fuck he hasnt done anything down back

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I don't like any WC players (excl. Dog Dog) i picked him on what i thought he would do this year. well suprise surprise he's done nothing, just as well i was talked out of Gaff.

Reactions: Prospector

zac

Apr 8, 2016
I don't like any WC players (excl. Dog Dog) i picked him on what i thought he would do this year. well suprise surprise he's done nothing, just as well i was talked out of Gaff.
Yeah there all inconsistent its annoying

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Keep up the great work all, enjoying the insights you guys are sharing. I am considering Fyfe but I know that his ability to clear the ball (set plays) is diminished in the short term now that Sandi is missing.
Who would you consider out of MitchellS, Fyfe or Luke Parker?
I have Danger, Gaz, RGray, Griffin, CrouchM, Libba already.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Not considering Selwood or Hanners?

I would probably take Fyfe or Parker out of the 3 you listed

Cheers Matt

I'm holding off on having 2 players from same side in the mids ie Danger/Selwood as they are contesting for same ball ala Swans with Titch/Kennedy/Parker/Hannebery/Jack

I like Parker but keen on MitchellS but not sure why he isn't deemed as popular given his last 8 games he has gone 30+.

Happy to hear why he is not as popular, I am returning from 2 years of self imposed SC exile and just trying to get up to speed so appreciate the feedback.
B2

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
MitchellS but not sure why he isn't deemed as popular given his last 8 games he has gone 30+.

Happy to hear why he is not as popular, I am returning from 2 years of self imposed SC exile and just trying to get up to speed so appreciate the feedback.
B2
Because he's done that all his career and 113 and 110 have been his highest 2 averages I don't really see it changing this late into his career, safe but boring pick in my opinion. I'd rather go someone who I think can possibly get up to 120 average... He's a solid pick, but you'd want him at M7-M8 at the end of the year if he averages 110

You could make the argument that teams aren't tagging much anymore... Still got a ceiling of about 112 average this year in my opinion