Final Upgrade Advice

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
Hi Guys and Girls.

Thanks to the advise of this forum and the boys on the podcast I am having my best SC year. Rising every week and sitting at 5491.

I have pretty much finished my team but could upgrade one of my players to an elite. I have 349k in the bank due to downgrading motlop this week. Any advise on what my best option is? Would love to get danger or sloane in my team but I would be upgrading Cripps or Wallis to do so. My defense is the weakest area

DEF
Picken / Oxley / Newnes / Hibberd /Hodge /Shaw Lever / Hamling

Mid

Fyfe - Pendle - Kenndy j, Ward, Mitchell, Wines, Cripps, Wallis, Mckenzie, Steele, Lambert,

Ruc

Nat/ Gold Obrien

Fow

Martin / Franklin / Mitchell t/ Bennell/ Swan / Grey Mcclean - Tarrant R

upload_2015-6-26_7-35-21.png

Any advise would be awesome.

Thanks

kangag

May 6, 2015
That's a pretty solid team, I would hold for this week, Oxley may need to go soon, Ablett is potentially a few weeks away after a few price drops and you don't have a lot of ready cash cows left.

Reactions: Astroboys

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Depends how many trades you've got and how aggressive you want to be.

Without giving it too much thought, I'd look at this week ditching lever for Edwards, swinging Steele forward for Tarrant and that should get Sloane into your mids. Should also leave you cash to turn Oxley into anyone. Keeping Newnes at d6 gives you the dpp with McKenzie in the mids and gives you a low premo (say a Wallis or Cripps) as mid bench cover. I've got a very similar midfield to you and I'm bringing Sloane in for Griffen this week. I'm quite happy with cripps and Wallis on field for the time being but if you can be aggressive and bench one of them then go for it.

Reactions: J-Dog

Shanenma

May 7, 2015
Melb CBD
The obvious one for me is Tarrant to Sloane.

Swing Swan to fwd. Just looks a bit neater and you'll find you'll have a full prem fwd and mid just by doing this one trade.

Then your team looks pretty complete mate, nice work, unless of course you can also straight swap Oxley to B.Smith if you fancy that to fix the final spot in the back (maybe).

How many trades you have left?

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
Depends how many trades you've got and how aggressive you want to be.

Without giving it too much thought, I'd look at this week ditching lever for Edwards, swinging Steele forward for Tarrant and that should get Sloane into your mids. Should also leave you cash to turn Oxley into anyone. Keeping Newnes at d6 gives you the dpp with McKenzie in the mids and gives you a low premo (say a Wallis or Cripps) as mid bench cover. I've got a very similar midfield to you and I'm bringing Sloane in for Griffen this week. I'm quite happy with cripps and Wallis on field for the time being but if you can be aggressive and bench one of them then go for it.
I have used 2 trades this week so far and have 9 remaining. Tarrent is a fwd position player only and can't be moved. Like the idea of upgrading Oxley, what do you think of burgoyne as an option?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I have used 2 trades this week so far and have 9 remaining. Tarrent is a fwd position player only and can't be moved. Like the idea of upgrading Oxley, what do you think of burgoyne as an option?

The Tarrant trade that both Steve and Shanenma suggested can be done despite Tarrant being fwd only.

Trade Tarrant out, move Steele to your forward line and then trade Sloane in. This equals one trade. Fwiw I agree with them that this is a good option for your team.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
You could go Lever down to Edwards for a touch more cash and then push McKenzie up to a premium mid.

Edit: Just read that you've already used two trades this week, but you could still pull this trade next week.

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
The Tarrant trade that both Steve and Shanenma suggested can be done despite Tarrant being fwd only.

Trade Tarrant out, move Steele to your forward line and then trade Sloane in. This equals one trade. Fwiw I agree with them that this is a good option for your team.
Who would I be trading Tarrant out to? Habe to me a fwd/mid position right?

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I already gave 10 premium mids as it is though

Not sure that I'd rely on Wallis and Cripps to produce premium numbers as consistently as the established premiums. They could do it, but if I had them I'd be seeing them as an easy upgrade to a form ultra premium late in the year.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Who would I be trading Tarrant out to? Habe to me a fwd/mid position right?

You would be trading Tarrant to Sloane. My previous post advised how this is done.

"You trade Tarrant out, move Steele to your forward line and trade Sloane in. This equals one trade."

So you are trading Tarrant to Sloane and no you do not have to trade him to a mid/fwd.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Astro, did you did you know that when you're trading, you can switch dpp players between lines? So when you trade Tarrant, when it asks who you want to bring in, go to your team list and there will be an "S" next to anyone on another line who you can move into that position (so any player with forward eligibility). Click on the S and move that player forward and that leaves a spot vacant in your midfield.

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
You would be trading Tarrant to Sloane. My previous post advised how this is done.

"You trade Tarrant out, move Steele to your forward line and trade Sloane in. This equals one trade."

So you are trading Tarrant to Sloane and no you do not have to trade him to a mid/fwd.
Sorry I dont see how this works? Tarrant is a defender not a DPP and Sloane is a Mid only. When I go to trade tarrent out Sloane doesn't even come up as an option. I'm I missing something here??

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
Astro, did you did you know that when you're trading, you can switch dpp players between lines? So when you trade Tarrant, when it asks who you want to bring in, go to your team list and there will be an "S" next to anyone on another line who you can move into that position (so any player with forward eligibility). Click on the S and move that player forward and that leaves a spot vacant in your midfield.
Oh right didn't know you could do that. Thanks

Reactions: Steve

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Sorry I dont see how this works? Tarrant is a defender not a DPP and Sloane is a Mid only. When I go to trade tarrent out Sloane doesn't even come up as an option. I'm I missing something here??
After you've clicked on Tarrant to remove him, click on the s that appears to the right of Steeles name and It will move him Fwd and create the steele space In your mids.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Oh right didn't know you could do that. Thanks
You could do it for anyone with DPP as long as they can be moved to that position. So hypothetically you could trade Tarrant out and move Higgins forward (if you had him) as he is def/fwd for Heath Shaw for example. They brought this rule in probably 3 or 4 years ago. It's a very handy little trick for situations like this.