X vs Y

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Thought I'd make an X vs Y thread for anyone making final upgrades and tossing up between players. I'm looking to move Cripps either this week or next, so Priddis vs Hannebery?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
After tonight Im bringing in JPK or BJ Goddard and shifting Cripps to M9 at this stage.

So:
JPK vs BJ.
Value vs MPP.
Soft last four games vs Easy next 4 games
Just may of found form vs been solid all year
Biggest concern finishing top four vs Wondering if he will actually have to play with 14 rookies next year (sorry couldn't help it)

So let me know.
Im already leaning one way and will be hard to sway, but not revealing yet.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I've had jpk every year for the last 4 years. I haven't had Goddard since he lost def status. Jpk has been so ordinary and hard to watch this year. Was good to see him get some of the ball this week though. I'd go Goddard because he's got a lot less players stealing points off him.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Is there anyway you could spend more and get a top 3-4 mid?
JPK will average more than Goddard if you want to look at it in a simple matter.

Reactions: J-Dog

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Is there anyway you could spend more and get a top 3-4 mid?
JPK will average more than Goddard if you want to look at it in a simple matter.
Don't think spending the extra is worth it to be honest. Swans last four games are walkover and the 70 kids I save

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Don't think spending the extra is worth it to be honest. Swans last four games are walkover and the 70 kids I save

JPK has averaged 80 against shite teams this season. I was more thinking Dangerfield, Priddis, Pendles, personally I even think Sloane is a better option than JPK.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Don't think spending the extra is worth it to be honest. Swans last four games are walkover and the 70 k I save will go towards cripps to gaj if he returns. If I bring in jpk the cripps becomes my M9 and I can hopefully try to loophole a mid E every week to maximize points.
Anyway.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
My mids are: Fyfe, parker, shiel, beams, Sloane, heppell, Selwood and cripps.
I tried to spread the load and I'm happy with them. JPK or Bj into m8 with cripps at m9 is not a bad look I think.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Nah it's not a bad look at all, personally Im worried JPK will not average over 110 but I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
JPK looked a lot better on the weekend, im confident he can bring it home

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
last week I got some cash in bank ready to bring in McDonald for Oxley but then Sloane went and got injured so if I trade out Sloane for Shiel it means I'm 10k short off getting Shiel+McDonald... If I trade out Oxley and Newnes I have 978k to spend on 1 mid and 1 defender

the options I'm thinking about are McDonald or Murphy for Sloane (moving Newnes into the midfield for 1 week) then trading Oxley to Rockliff next week once he's back or trading both this week

Neale/Armitage+Rance/Malceski/McGovern
Neale/Armitage+Keep Oxley
Rockliff+McDonald/Murphy
Shiel+Hibberd/Easton Wood

Personally at the moment I'm thinking Shiel+Hibberd because I'm a fan of Hibberd and think he's definitely on an upwards trend

If I don't end up picking any of them I can easily trade Sloane to Armitage (or cheaper) with the money in my bank and keep Oxley for a bit longer then later on trade Oxley+Hamling to Picken or Hodge

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
last week I got some cash in bank ready to bring in McDonald for Oxley but then Sloane went and got injured so if I trade out Sloane for Shiel it means I'm 10k short off getting Shiel+McDonald... If I trade out Oxley and Newnes I have 978k to spend on 1 mid and 1 defender

the options I'm thinking about are McDonald or Murphy for Sloane (moving Newnes into the midfield for 1 week) then trading Oxley to Rockliff next week once he's back or trading both this week

Rockliff+McDonald/Murphy

Personally at the moment I'm thinking Shiel+Hibberd because I'm a fan of Hibberd and think he's definitely on an upwards trend

If I don't end up picking any of them I can easily trade Sloane to Armitage (or cheaper) with the money in my bank and keep Oxley for a bit longer then later on trade Oxley+Hamling to Picken or Hodge
I don't mind Shiel and Hibberd, especially if you're a big Hibberd fan. I wouldn't be trading Newnes out either, he's been in good form for a while now.

Reactions: M4TT B8S and Dino

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
oh definitely wouldn't trade out Newnes, I was just thinking about moving him into the midfield for 1 week :)

Reactions: J-Dog

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Thought I'd make an X vs Y thread for anyone making final upgrades and tossing up between players. I'm looking to move Cripps either this week or next, so Priddis vs Hannebery?

I like them both Jdog and have Hanners!
Priddis has a slightly tougher run home but his contested game will suit it!

My advice is pick the one you have less team members of to lesson your point capping.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
After tonight Im bringing in JPK or BJ Goddard and shifting Cripps to M9 at this stage.

So:
JPK vs BJ.
Value vs MPP.
Soft last four games vs Easy next 4 games
Just may of found form vs been solid all year
Biggest concern finishing top four vs Wondering if he will actually have to play with 14 rookies next year (sorry couldn't help it)

So let me know.
Im already leaning one way and will be hard to sway, but not revealing yet.

The pure mid JPK every day of the week for me.

At the start of the year would you of put a MF in a precious mid spot?
I know I wouldn't and still won't.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

Rockliff+McDonald/Murphy

I am not keen on Tmac as I reckon his best scores are behind him!
He may pull another 120 but I reckon he is a 85-90 ave from here