Not on the bubble, but worth a punt?

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
In a season that seems to bring us risky downgrade options at best, I'm wondering if there are any thoughts on the few rookies that have just brought up their '1 game in a row' milestone this weekend? Specifically whether Hamling (82), Robinson (83) and Boston (71) are better/safer choices than the 2 gamers like McBean (34) and Dawson (27). Or whether there's possibly a 3 gamer that I should be going for even though I've missed the bubble?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Don't think I'd be going early on any of those unless I was really desperate, and McBean and Dawson don't look great either. Amon/Dumont have only had one price rise and Biggs is on the bubble although he is expensive and a sub risk.

Reactions: alman

churchboybrian

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
Don't think I'd be going early on any of those unless I was really desperate, and McBean and Dawson don't look great either. Amon/Dumont have only had one price rise and Biggs is on the bubble although he is expensive and a sub risk.
If you had to choose between biggs and hamling j-dog who would you pick?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I won't be going early on the rookies mainly due to the byes starting next week.

I really liked Robinson on Friday night. Looked composed and was everywhere in the 1st quarter. With Sydney though, you would have to worry about his JS.
Boston surely has awesome JS. During the game on Saturday, they said the Suns have already used 38 players so far this season.

Personally I would rate Hamiling, Boston and Robinson ahead of McBean and Dawson. Still time to grab Dumont and Amon. I was impressed with Dumont on Sunday, but geez North have some problems and just as likely to not see him named on Thursday night.

Reactions: churchboybrian

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Though I wouldn't bring in Hamling till after his bye I think his job security is very solid, I think they give him a chance to make the spot his own, Talia has had plenty chances in the past.

Dumont looks a player to me, North love to drop kids when they have a shite game bu the was too good to drop this week and he's basically a 150k player on the bubble now because of his Sub games.

Reactions: Prospector

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
If you had to choose between biggs and hamling j-dog who would you pick?
Probably Hamling just because of price and position, but I'd still want to see another game. I think both him and Biggs are potentially best 22 but Bevo seems to like to shake things up a fair bit.

Reactions: churchboybrian

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
hamling for me, i traded him out 3 weeks ago when he wasn't getting a game as i needed the cash generation from mackenzie and someone playing during the bye round.
Good move that one, might be getting him back.