Sloane injury

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Unconfirmed reports are starting to circulate! This one is from Facebook.

There are big fears inside the Adelaide Crows that Rory Sloane has fractured his cheekbone which would mean the star premo mid will be sidelined for up to 6 weeks.

There will be confirmation of his injury over the next day or two once his scans come back.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
... There will be confirmation of his injury over the next day or two once his scans come back.

How can this be said, when the reports are "unconfirmed"?

Perhaps it should read: "There will be knowledge about what the injury is ..." , later, apparently ...

Reactions: Dino and doddy2731

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Sloane out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured checkbone.
Sloane will join fellow onballers Richard Douglas (foot) and Brad Crouch (foot) on the sidelines.
Ricky Henderson (pectoral), Cam Ellis-Yolmen (hamstring) and James Podsiadly (back) will all be sidelined for at least another week, while forward Josh Jenkins (hip) is at least a fortnight away.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sloane out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured checkbone.
Sloane will join fellow onballers Richard Douglas (foot) and Brad Crouch (foot) on the sidelines.
Ricky Henderson (pectoral), Cam Ellis-Yolmen (hamstring) and James Podsiadly (back) will all be sidelined for at least another week, while forward Josh Jenkins (hip) is at least a fortnight away.
Bugger was hoping Yolmen would get up this weeks. Sloane might be a good pick up around the byes.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Well this blows. So many injuries requiring trades just to keep a side on the park.

CurtiZSe7eN

May 6, 2015
I have him and i don't think I'm gonna trade him. I paid $615k for him. It way too big of a loss in price

Reactions: Dino

Muddiemoose

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
Started with Sloane dog but I just can't afford to bench him with Lewis already on the sidelines
already have Fyfe and Pendles so I think I'll be welcoming jpk to my team

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I have him and i don't think I'm gonna trade him. I paid $615k for him. It way too big of a loss in price
I am holding at this stage. Not so much because of his price drop but more the fact I am aiming to just win my money league. The mid bench is sparse with Lewis, Sloane and CEY warming their behinds. Would rather continue to build my side and hopefully jag some league wins to keep me in contention.

Reactions: CurtiZSe7eN

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
There has to be some kind of light at the end of the tunnel!

Don't get carried away Doddy.
At Carlton thus week the following statement was released:
"Due to rising costs, lower receipts and a general downturn in fortunes, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily isolated and envisaged rectification time is 3-4 years. Please call your local blues provider to register your dismay. We can't promise a resolution but will offer you the following (non salary cap included) deal. Buy one injured crappie soft midfielder (D Thomas, for the uninitiated) and it will only cost you a minimum 50 goal, AA forward with the most Fwd SC points this year in a team well above ours"
Apparently only one taker so far, an M Malthouse from North Carlton, currently employed as Experienced hope and soul wrecker."
Cheers.

Shanenma

May 7, 2015
Melb CBD
Can't hold him for 4-6 weeks. The points you forgo, but not trading him to a JPK, Treloar, Mitchell, Goddard, whoever for the 4-6 weeks is far greater than losing the $100k. It's part of the game, you can't expect to make money on every single player you trade in.

As much as value is very important in this game, sometimes people need to remember the game is won on points, not value. If 4-6 weeks is accurate then it's a must trade unfortunately...