Who to bench ?

DropKick

May 6, 2015
I have Hogan , Clark , Krakouer and Salem ....
need two on field and one as emergency ?

Vandemberg or Heeney on field ?

Any thoughts appreciated , thanks

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Heeney coming back will be a huge candidate for the vest. Vanders just seem to continue making scores so i'll be leaving him on ground, although it wasn't a tough choice due to CEY being out.

Reactions: DropKick

Shanenma

May 7, 2015
Melb CBD
The orthodox advanced strategy which I would have thought most here would be doing is to make Clark Emergency in fwd line - and I am assuming you have a non-playing player in later games. Then this gives you the double chance of 'getting it right' if Clark scores say 90+ (whatever you make your threshold) then you put the non playing player on and leave Salem on bench. If he scores <60, you'd keep Salem on to beat that.

Can't really do much of this in the midfield this week unfortunately given Melb play Syd.

Assume everyone should know about this though... It's what I'll do

Reactions: DropKick

DropKick

May 6, 2015
The orthodox advanced strategy which I would have thought most here would be doing is to make Clark Emergency in fwd line - and I am assuming you have a non-playing player in later games. Then this gives you the double chance of 'getting it right' if Clark scores say 90+ (whatever you make your threshold) then you put the non playing player on and leave Salem on bench. If he scores <60, you'd keep Salem on to beat that.

Can't really do much of this in the midfield this week unfortunately given Melb play Syd.

Assume everyone should know about this though... It's what I'll do
Thanks Shanema , Must admit I have not done the loop hole as yet ( worried I'll stuff it up : ) .... but the only non playing are on my Mid Bench .

Reactions: Shanenma

Shanenma

May 7, 2015
Melb CBD
Completely forgiven for not bothering with it, you are right, can be easily overlooked and stuffed up, and often not worth the added headache. But as a starter, I recommend just looking at the Friday night games and utilise those games only to benefit from the loop.

For example, only VC someone on Friday night. And always consider making a Friday night playing rookie (fringe player) as the Emergency. This way it should be relatively easy to not stuff up in terms of assessing whether you put the non-playing player on ground or not.... It's only when you start considering looping later players it gets messy.

Hope it works out for you more often than not. This year I have certainly gained probably about 100 points so far considering this every week.