Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Should be able to choose who you want to keep.
That could be from 0 to the entire team, up to the coach.
I'm not really keen on leaving it up to the team coach to choose how many players to keep.
It a dis-incentive to keep playing year after year if you've a bottom team. You'll never get your hands on a current star, obviously, but you'll find it hard to get your hands on a budding star. You'll have to rely on getting the future stars from the rookie ranks. And how long will it take to put together a decent team from those?
Say it takes a bottom team 5 years minimum to even be somewhat competitive. What guarantee is there that the league will still be around in 5 years?

I've not been part of a keeper team before this one last year, but every other keeper league I've heard/read about mentions only keeping a certain number of players. This league is the first and only league I've heard about that allows you to keep every player and not draft one, I'm not saying it isn't done - @doddy2731 and @Haychh have both advocated coaches' choice. But I do think it is fairly rare.
Here is a Draft Doctors summary:
" variations from leagues that keep one player per line to leagues that keep a full roster of 30 players and only draft 10. I’m told the most common is about 10 to 12 keepers with 10 to 12 coaches"

I would like a keeper league that is competitive and lasts. I think that setting a limited number of keepers contributes to both.
Just my two cents worth.

Reactions: tmac

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Hey guys sorry for the hold up. I’ve been busy with other things! I’m still keen to keep the league going and have just sent out invites!

If anyone would like to take over as commish I’d be more than happy to hand over the reigns? Permitted we are able to do this? Being in charge of the league probably deserves to go to someone who is more committed!

@Rupert @doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hey guys sorry for the hold up. I’ve been busy with other things! I’m still keen to keep the league going and have just sent out invites!

If anyone would like to take over as commish I’d be more than happy to hand over the reigns? Permitted we are able to do this? Being in charge of the league probably deserves to go to someone who is more committed!

@Rupert @doddy2731
Sorry @Haychh but I'm not in a position to be commish.
A commited coach, yes, but not commish.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm not really keen on leaving it up to the team coach to choose how many players to keep.
It a dis-incentive to keep playing year after year if you've a bottom team. You'll never get your hands on a current star, obviously, but you'll find it hard to get your hands on a budding star. You'll have to rely on getting the future stars from the rookie ranks. And how long will it take to put together a decent team from those?
Say it takes a bottom team 5 years minimum to even be somewhat competitive. What guarantee is there that the league will still be around in 5 years?

I've not been part of a keeper team before this one last year, but every other keeper league I've heard/read about mentions only keeping a certain number of players. This league is the first and only league I've heard about that allows you to keep every player and not draft one, I'm not saying it isn't done - @doddy2731 and @Haychh have both advocated coaches' choice. But I do think it is fairly rare.
Here is a Draft Doctors summary:
" variations from leagues that keep one player per line to leagues that keep a full roster of 30 players and only draft 10. I’m told the most common is about 10 to 12 keepers with 10 to 12 coaches"

I would like a keeper league that is competitive and lasts. I think that setting a limited number of keepers contributes to both.
Just my two cents worth.

I totally agree, but that is how the SC draft was set up last year.
I'm on board for capped keeper number.
That's why I love the UF format.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

@Rupert @doddy2731

Nah all good mate.
I just get very toey this time of year, but if you need a hand I can definitely help out.

Reactions: BomberMan

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So far 8/16 have entered.
Could I put in an early call for draft date/time?
I'd prefer the evening of Monday 16 March - the same week as the first Thursday game.
If it's like last year's - and it should be - it won't take longer than about 1-1.5hrs.

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
I played the first year of this league but gave last year a miss. Sticking away from other formats AFL Fantasy & Dream Team this year, so I'd love to have some fun again in a draft league. If there are spots available, send me in invite.

PM me is you need my details. Team is: GoodFaNuffinLosers (surprise surprise).

Bridget

Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 10, 2018
Hey. If you’re looking for more people to join, I’d be interested.
But am wondering if new coaches can join keeper leagues, and how that works.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

Unfortunately it looks like this one is going under.

Keepers are great, with a whole new set off rules and disciplines to take into consideration. If I hear of any leagues looking for coaches I'll let you know.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

New coaches can join existing leagues, they take over abandoned teams.

Keepers are great, with a whole new set off rules and disciplines to take into consideration. If I hear of any leagues looking for coaches I'll let you know.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Yeah, it does doesn't it? A shame.
Maybe too many teams? Hard to get 16 people to frint up every year.
And you'd need a commish who's really dedicated. Not an easy task. I couldn't do it.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah, it does doesn't it? A shame.
Maybe too many teams? Hard to get 16 people to frint up every year.
And you'd need a commish who's really dedicated. Not an easy task. I couldn't do it.

Yeah even 12 is tough, and you really need dedicated folks to be part of it.

Bridget

Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 10, 2018

Ok, thanks