2020 Begins

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Seen lots of first teams on Twitter. Very similar at this early stage.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Bailey Smith is a watch for me as a FWD. Played every game last year off a limited preseason, should push through the middle a bit more this year and we have a vacant wing which he could spend a bit of time on.

Could easily see him doing a Taranto and edging 90 in year 2, but may not be quite enough to justify the price

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Bailey Smith is a watch for me as a FWD. Played every game last year off a limited preseason, should push through the middle a bit more this year and we have a vacant wing which he could spend a bit of time on.

Could easily see him doing a Taranto and edging 90 in year 2, but may not be quite enough to justify the price
Reckon he’ll be a nice draft choice. Lots of point-hungry boys at the Dogs.

Reactions: keffa and J-Dog

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
How's everyone feeling about Dusty this year? At 543k it's the cheapest he's been in years. Fwd/mid flex. Turns 29 half way through the season. The chances of him playing 20+ games and finishing in the top 6 forwards seem pretty good. Including finals he hit the tonne 7 out of his last 8 matches last year. Suspect they will use him closer to goal as his career progresses....... Has missed 7 games in the last 10 seasons.

Reactions: Prospector

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
How's everyone feeling about Dusty this year? At 543k it's the cheapest he's been in years. Fwd/mid flex. Turns 29 half way through the season. The chances of him playing 20+ games and finishing in the top 6 forwards seem pretty good. Including finals he hit the tonne 7 out of his last 8 matches last year. Suspect they will use him closer to goal as his career progresses....... Has missed 7 games in the last 10 seasons.
Too dangerous not to start him I reckon

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah seems a pretty easy decision. Surely in all serious teams.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Is anyone else playing BBL?
SC have made changes to the site, particularly to the "Gameday" screen.
I really don't like the new one.
The main Gameday page is dominated by League H-2-H match-up totals with match results in a right-hand side bar:
SC new Gameday screen 01.png
When you click on a specific H-2-H you first have to "Hide" the score worm to see any scores at all.
Even after doing that you have to scroll up and down to see all the scores. And that is with 16 players in BBL! What will it be like with the 30 players in AFL?
SC new Gameday screen 02.png

Last edited:

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Is anyone else playing BBL?
SC have made changes to the site, particularly to the "Gameday" screen.
I really don't like the new one.
The main Gameday page is dominated by League H-2-H match-up totals with match results in a right-hand side bar:
View attachment 1378
When you click on a specific H-2-H you first have to "Hide" the score worm to see any scores at all and then you have to scroll up and down to see all the scores. On my laptop, I am unable to see all the scores without scrolling. And that is with 16 players in BBL! What will it be like with the 30 players in AFL?
View attachment 1380
I agree with you mate, reckon they’ve ruined it.

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Have eyes on both too. Parish actually averaged 89 excluding his injury affected 26. Surely he naturally progresses? Prob won’t start him but keen on him as a trade-in target.
Parish showed enough last year to suggest he can score well given a chance in the mids. Agree he should progress. This could be last year we have him as a fwd option. Some good high scores. Priced a little awkward. Sier if in from round 1 will be one I’ll be watching will be an easy correction if goes wrong

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
What's the feelings about Jarryd Lyons of Brisbane? Had some big scores last year, 27 years old, could go bigger this year?

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What's the feelings about Jarryd Lyons of Brisbane? Had some big scores last year, 27 years old, could go bigger this year?
Great little player who obviously benefitted massively from switching clubs.

Personally don’t see him averaging better than say 102-104ppg which doesn’t quite have him in premium grade.

It might be my opinion only, but the depth of Uber talent in the midfield is large, and I’m happy to fork out for the ultra premos.

Having said all that, if you reckon he can improve again this year, then I wouldn’t try to talk you out of him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
That's a tough one. Lyon's has been one of my "is he worth it" players after the way he finished off last season.
In his 10 regular season games post-bye he averaged 116.5 - and that includes a 50 in rnd.16.
In his 2 finals he averaged 120.5.

At $535,400 Lyons is priced at a 98.6 average. If he can repeat his post-bye form/scoring then he's a bargain. But can he?
The problem for me is two-fold:
first, at times he managed similar form/scores with both the Crows and the Suns. Yet both clubs let him go. Why?
second, last year Neale and Lyons were way ahead of the other Brisbane mids in CBAs. Will this continue? CE-Y has come into the club and there is the natural development of players like Berry, McCluggage and Rayner.

Brian K

Jan 26, 2020
Does anyone have any interesting insights on Dunkley? He is effectively my favourite player, but am I letting my love for him sway me too much to drop Cripps for him in my starting squad?

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Does anyone have any interesting insights on Dunkley? He is effectively my favourite player, but am I letting my love for him sway me too much to drop Cripps for him in my starting squad?
I’d keep Cripps personally. We know that last year wasn’t ‘one out of the box’ for Cripps, but we can’t say that 100% about Dunkley yet. Also worry he might be played a bit closer to goal. I’m happy to wait and see and upgrade to him if necessary.

Reactions: Brian K

Brian K

Jan 26, 2020
I’d keep Cripps personally. We know that last year wasn’t ‘one out of the box’ for Cripps, but we can’t say that 100% about Dunkley yet. Also worry he might be played a bit closer to goal. I’m happy to wait and see and upgrade to him if necessary.
That’s fair enough. Cripps does also tend to burst out of the blocks. I just know that I’ll be watching Dunkley’s live scores religiously every match until I get him haha. Thanks!

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Bit of chat on twitter about how Dusty is usually a slow starter and therefore might be an upgrade target. @TwentyThree I tagged you in it.

He only slow started this past year, otherwise he started the two previous seasons with...

2018: 139, 160, 93, 141
2017: 159, 118, 151

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
He only slow started this past year, otherwise he started the two previous seasons with...

2018: 139, 160, 93, 141
2017: 159, 118, 151
I reckon you’ll find he followed up with at least 4 consecutive sub-100s in both those seasons, meaning he could be picked up (a lot) cheaper later. Then the really slow start in 2019... I guess their thinking is, you’ll probably be able to pick him up cheaper if you wait.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I reckon you’ll find he followed up with at least 4 consecutive sub-100s in both those seasons, meaning he could be picked up (a lot) cheaper later. Then the really slow start in 2019... I guess their thinking is, you’ll probably be able to pick him up cheaper if you wait.

Although you could pick him up cheaper (maybe) the risk is to great.
To much over thinking happens in this game sometimes.
You have to pick him up this season surely, having him in the Forwards again is just to juicy, if he was mid only again I wouldn't go near him.

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Yep correct. Every season Dusty has had peaks and troughs.

If he did start 139, 160, 93, 141 and you weren’t an owner my money is he’d be in your team by round 4.

That’s a trade. There’s been occasions where that correction has meant I haven’t made others and the ripple effect/s can continue for weeks.

With high ownership I personally prefer to start him