Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
J Kelly is supposed to return this week.
Which is welcome news for my team as he warmed my bench for the 5 weeks he was out. Which meant I was taking Clarke's scores - he averaged 65 so it could have been worse, I suppose.
As Kelly is now in only 7% of teams I'm hoping he will go big and be a great POD for me. Maybe not against the Doggies this week but he has the Suns in rnd.23.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Definitely will be a great POD. They haven't rushed him back so you would expect him to be fit & firing this week and the next. Although rising in the rankings last week I lost in my cash league by a mere 6 points. Watching Hurn get to 20 in the first quarter then finish up on 56 sums up my frustrations!

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm still in two leagues. 1 trade left. $141k cash. Both games are going to be very close.

Considering two possible Mid upgrade options:
1. Sloane to Dunkley - Leaving Sam Walsh on park as M8 [would have been straight swap if Sloane didn't get up]
2. Walsh to any of Yeo, Worpel, Zorko, J Lyons, Prestia, Seb Ross etc. etc.

Worpel is up against Suns and M/F DPP - flexibility provides extra cover for next week if I make it through.
Seb Ross - smokey in form and against Blues - could go big but risky
Yeo, Zork, Lyons & Prestia all solid choices...

I'm really leaning towards option 2 but not sure so keen for any feedback/thoughts form the community please.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Worpel is up against Suns and M/F DPP - flexibility provides extra cover for next week if I make it through.
Worpel is a solid choice. Roughies last game as well so the team would want to send him out on a high. Small % chance that Miller tags him but you would think he would go to O Meara first.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm still in two leagues. 1 trade left. $141k cash. Both games are going to be very close.

Considering two possible Mid upgrade options:
1. Sloane to Dunkley - Leaving Sam Walsh on park as M8 [would have been straight swap if Sloane didn't get up]
2. Walsh to any of Yeo, Worpel, Zorko, J Lyons, Prestia, Seb Ross etc. etc.
Seb Ross - smokey in form and against Blues - could go big but risky
Yeo, Zork, Lyons & Prestia all solid choices...
I'm really leaning towards option 2 but not sure so keen for any feedback/thoughts form the community please.
Walsh will probably go all right against the Saints this week but next week he has Geelong at GMHBA. Is that enough to off-set the Sloane->Dunkley gain?
Walsh->Dunkley would be ideal but I assume you don't have the extra $45,000?

Yeo can be up and down due to tagging.
Worpel is in a somewhat similar position to Walsh with the Suns this week but WC in Perth next week.
Zorko and Lyons have two tough games against Geelong and Richmond.
Presto ditto against WC and Brisbane but at least they are both at the MCG.
Ross is too risky for mine.

Do you have Merrett? He might be the best option at under $565,000.

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
I have 4 trades left, thinking of trading Lycett but not sure who to? I have Dunkley, Danger, Greene, Boak and Kelly! Marshall?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I have 4 trades left, thinking of trading Lycett but not sure who to? I have Dunkley, Danger, Greene, Boak and Kelly! Marshall?
Marshall or Heeney.
If Marshall is suffering no after-effects from his injury scare of last week he'd the obvious choice. That was his first sub-100 score since rnd.10. Carlton and Sydney look to be decent match-ups.
Otherwise I think Heeney is a good bet. He's also got decent match-ups against Melbourne and the Saints but although his past three have been good he can be inconsistent.
Does the $87,000 price difference matter?

Reactions: Nicko

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
Marshall or Heeney.
If Marshall is suffering no after-effects from his injury scare of last week he'd the obvious choice. That was his first sub-100 score since rnd.10. Carlton and Sydney look to be decent match-ups.
Otherwise I think Heeney is a good bet. He's also got decent match-ups against Melbourne and the Saints but although his past three have been good he can be inconsistent.
Does the $87,000 price difference matter?

Yeah i was thinking Marshall, hopefully he isn't a late out. No the money is not a problem. Hopefully Ryder gets dropped that will make the decision easy haha

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Worpel is a solid choice. Roughies last game as well so the team would want to send him out on a high. Small % chance that Miller tags him but you would think he would go to O Meara first.

Ended up going with Worpel so happy with the selection :)

Unfortunately it didn't make much of a difference. Out of the finals in straight sets....

You know it's a bad round when Chris Burgess outscores 3x "Premos" on field. 14 sub 100 scores on field - not going to win many games with that...

Worst season I've had since the first SC season I played 9 years ago. Currently sitting outside top 40k...

If only there was a good up and coming "caretaker coach" to fill in after the club sacks me during the off season...

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I guess one thing to take out of the season is that when you get to the pointy ends of things, season averages don't count for much in league games. Who would have the guts to trade out names like Cripps & Neale and replace them with Lyons & Worpel for instance!