Round 7 discussion & trades

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
Who is better value this week?
T Kelly or Fyfe?

Libba for Fyfe in a straight swap
Or Collins and Butters our for T Kelly and Hayes?
Neither option takes a rookie off field due to Moore DPP

I have 28 trades in the bank.
Currently have Whitfield who is likely to miss this week meaning I need to field an extra def rookie, likely scrimshaw

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Yeah option 1 sounds the best. What other rookies do you have on field in MID. At this stage most people are doing 1 up (in the form of upgrading a rookie) 1 down....so the only thing is I am assuming Cousins was on field before so does Hayes take the on field spot or do you have someone else to move up.
I've got Walsh M6, Constable M7 and M8 was usually a gamble between Cousins, Butters and Scott.

If Scott doesn't get a game I can loophole Butters/Gibbons/Hayes to potentially minimise any damage also.

It's definitely a weakness at M8, but don't think an overly uncommon one plus think I'll be better for it long term and obviously pulling $110k out of my team this week it isn't going to be much better. I think that Fyfe's likely extra scoring is going to make up for any loss in points at M8 and I'm considering him as captain this week.

I'm assuming most aren't in a position to do a traditional 2 rookies out with a premo and rookie in this week? (unless you have cash)
All those that have increased enough seem to have a low enough break even this week. Feels like they either haven't gone up enough or we are waiting for them to have a bad game and hope there is a decent rookie option to bring in.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Geary's injury required 3 surgeries, 30 stitches and 5 days with an open wound to help the blood drain.
This is what the leg looked like for those 5 days:
Geary Injury.jpg

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Geary's injury required 3 surgeries, 30 stitches and 5 days with an open wound to help the blood drain.
This is what the leg looked like for those 5 days:
View attachment 1265
Terry Wallace reckons he had a similar injury and the pressure was so great that his blood hit the OR roof during surgery. Potential loss of limb if not caught in time, very lucky

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
With teams now released just after some advice.
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta
146K in bank. Thinking of getting T Kelly in maybe. What's the best downgrade target to make this happen?
Cheers

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
With teams now released just after some advice.
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta
146K in bank. Thinking of getting T Kelly in maybe. What's the best downgrade target to make this happen?
Cheers
You need to avoid a donut down back somehow
Maybe upgrade to Sicily?

Reactions: Prospector

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Had to address backline issues with Whitfield, Scrimshaw, Burgess at D8 not playing and Clark no certainty the trades made were Whitfield - Fyfe via Duursma and Scrimshaw to Paton. Nobody else I could think of to make it better. An y thoughts? I'll get Whitfield cheaper hopefully. soon

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Had to address backline issues with Whitfield, Scrimshaw, Burgess at D8 not playing and Clark no certainty the trades made were Whitfield - Fyfe via Duursma and Scrimshaw to Paton. Nobody else I could think of to make it better. An y thoughts? I'll get Whitfield cheaper hopefully. soon
Those trades look fine but Clark will definitely play, so if that's the only reason you're trading then you can afford to hold off.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Those trades look fine but Clark will definitely play, so if that's the only reason you're trading then you can afford to hold off.
It's a bonus Clark plays then. Still get two cracks at D6 via loopholes with Burgess. And a 2nd crack at midfield with Bailey Scott still unavailable. Fyfe isn't going to get cheaper barring any injuries.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Is Whitfield going to be out for that long? I wouldn't be burning two trades by trading him out and then in again.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I toyed with the idea of trading Whitfield and decided it wasn't worth it.
Whitfield is projected to lose about $70K and drop to a low of $505,000 if he scores around his average in his next two games.
Given he returns for rnd.8 he plays Hawthorn, Carlton, Melbourne and GC in his next four.
Is the extra $70K in the bank worth two trades?

Last edited:
Reactions: nawtay

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
When he comes back, hes got a BE of 195. May only need one trade when the time comes
After this week he has Hawthorn then Carlton. If he comes out and scores 120 & 120 he's only dropped 34k and you're scrambling to get him back in again and you've used 2 trades to make 34k.

He's a keeper therefore his price is irrelevant unless he has a LTI

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Epic fail, DPP swapped Moore to the backline to trade Boak in and somehow ended up with Moore as captain, RIP my season ranking.

Reactions: Shack

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Bachar Houli? Is he a goer?
I have collins and can afford to trade him and constable to kelly. Got some cash to use but cant afford laird unless i don't get kelly. I think kelly is a priority.