Round 6 Trades.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Sheed out definitely for me. But for who? Have $168k. Will wait for BE for rookies later. Want a premium. Also, on a hypothetical, do you keep Walsh for the entire year due to his form?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sheed out definitely for me. But for who? Have $168k. Will wait for BE for rookies later. Want a premium. Also, on a hypothetical, do you keep Walsh for the entire year due to his form?
Heaps of options across 3 lines assuming you have dpp in your fwd’s and Duursma in def. Depends if you want a top shelf premium or are looking for value. I think you’d fall just short of Lloyd? Unless you were looking at downgrading somewhere as well. Rocky and Caleb Daniel still seem good value and could be done in one move. Tim Kelly too.

For Walsh, he’s averaging 100 which is phenomenal for an 18 year old but not quite enough for a mid premium. Rookies also tend to fade as the season wears on. But he’s looking like last upgrade for sure so far

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Walsh definatley the last Rookie upgrade at this stage, although it is a cash making game and is always worth watching BE and if the move is right it would have to be considered.

Reactions: J-Dog

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@deadoralive
Might I suggest R Henderson as a left field option for Sheed? Costs about $100K but averaging 115.6. Yes, he's never done this before but I don't think it's a temporary aberration. He's averaging 27 possies at 77%DE with 7.8 marks a game.

On Walsh:
I have absolutely no thought of trading Walsh out unless his scoring drops off considerably. After a slow-ish start he has a 3-rnd average of 115.7.
I know rookies can fade away but not all rookies do. O'Meara played 22 games and kept his scoring up all through his rookie year. In his rookie year B Crouch played every game from rnd.14-23 and averaged 95.6.
If Walsh can keep his average up around the 100 mark I see him as the perfect bench cover and loop-hole option.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Heaps of options across 3 lines assuming you have dpp in your fwd’s and Duursma in def. Depends if you want a top shelf premium or are looking for value. I think you’d fall just short of Lloyd? Unless you were looking at downgrading somewhere as well. Rocky and Caleb Daniel still seem good value and could be done in one move. Tim Kelly too.

For Walsh, he’s averaging 100 which is phenomenal for an 18 year old but not quite enough for a mid premium. Rookies also tend to fade as the season wears on. But he’s looking like last upgrade for sure so far
Like the Lloyd idea. Unfortunately I fall 2.5k short. Have Kelly. Might trade back Heeney (don't laugh too hard, made a schoolboy error on that one!!!!) Move Moore back to DEF, gives chances for rookies to make more coin before unloading. And most did well on the weekend, Gibbons on the bench, that might change for Duursma as emergency (not sure yet). There's still holes to fill and no team is complete yet obviously, but I would love it if Congolio could become better with DE%. He's butchering at the moment.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
@deadoralive
Might I suggest R Henderson as a left field option for Sheed? Costs about $100K but averaging 115.6. Yes, he's never done this before but I don't think it's a temporary aberration. He's averaging 27 possies at 77%DE with 7.8 marks a game.

On Walsh:
I have absolutely no thought of trading Walsh out unless his scoring drops off considerably. After a slow-ish start he has a 3-rnd average of 115.7.
I know rookies can fade away but not all rookies do. O'Meara played 22 games and kept his scoring up all through his rookie year. In his rookie year B Crouch played every game from rnd.14-23 and averaged 95.6.
If Walsh can keep his average up around the 100 mark I see him as the perfect bench cover and loop-hole option.
Probably helped by the lack of Mitchell, but it's worth serious consideration

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta

146K Left

Just after any thoughts on trade options.
What trade(s) would you make this week. Cheers

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Has the boat sailed on Hore or is there merit in jumping on one week late? Plus any concerns about his job security now?

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
How much more cash is Butters likely to make?
Can we expect another $50k?
I’m toying with Butters down to Ross and Parker up to T Kelly
A little concerned about the Hutchings tag this week tho

I currently have 29 trades left

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
How much more cash is Butters likely to make?
Can we expect another $50k?
I’m toying with Butters down to Ross and Parker up to T Kelly
A little concerned about the Hutchings tag this week tho

I currently have 29 trades left
I think Butters could add another $75,000 and reach about $325,000.
With a rnd.12 bye I'm thinking of keeping him through the byes.

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
What are people’s thoughts on Angus Brayshaw.
I picked him thinking he could potentially average 105-110 but he has been a little underwhelming so far.
Do I stick fat and hope he can turn it around or trade to Boak and get a fwd rookie off field?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
What are people’s thoughts on Angus Brayshaw.
I picked him thinking he could potentially average 105-110 but he has been a little underwhelming so far.
Do I stick fat and hope he can turn it around or trade to Boak and get a fwd rookie off field?
I'd hold him for now.
He's not losing any money and if Melbourne turn things around his scoring will improve.
I'm in a somewhat similar situation with Oliver - although only somewhat because Oliver has lost $60,000 - and I'm holding.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Really stuck this week. Lost one of my little PODs in Milera.

Have 77k sitting there can either do:

- a straight swap to Laird and no more trading this week.
- straight swap to Crisp leaves me with 83k and not trade anymore this week.

OR

No really keen on swapping out any Cashy's cows as their not ready yet.

- The only other one I've thought of is James Cousins of the Hawks who has a breakeven of 55 but has the Blues this week and I think he should pass that B/E didn't have a good one on the weekend. If I down grade Cousins to Ross I can then go Milera to Lloyd.

Really stuck. I've constantly made the wrong decisions early this season like getting rid of Hore for Ben Mckay of North and my 2nd trade... Heeney to T-Kel.

Not enough time this week to make my mind up! :eek:

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Really stuck this week. Lost one of my little PODs in Milera.

Have 77k sitting there can either do:

- a straight swap to Laird and no more trading this week.
- straight swap to Crisp leaves me with 83k and not trade anymore this week.

OR

No really keen on swapping out any Cashy's cows as their not ready yet.

- The only other one I've thought of is James Cousins of the Hawks who has a breakeven of 55 but has the Blues this week and I think he should pass that B/E didn't have a good one on the weekend. If I down grade Cousins to Ross I can then go Milera to Lloyd.

Really stuck. I've constantly made the wrong decisions early this season like getting rid of Hore for Ben Mckay of North and my 2nd trade... Heeney to T-Kel.

Not enough time this week to make my mind up! :eek:
I like the idea of getting in Lloyd even with the double trade.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I have enough cash to upgrade Parker to Caleb Daniels. Daniels seems to have a solid SC role and is looking like top 6 fwd. Any thoughts?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I have enough cash to upgrade Parker to Caleb Daniels. Daniels seems to have a solid SC role and is looking like top 6 fwd. Any thoughts?
Daniel does look like being top-6: he covers a lot of ground, gets a lot of possies and takes almost all the kick-ins.
Two thoughts:
do you believe that Beveridge won't change his role?
do you need to make the trade this week? He is playing Freo in Perth. With an 85BE he is projected to score 114 and rise $13,000. Do you think he will score 114 in Perth?

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I like the Daniel pick. He’s a very creative user and always makes the right decision, half back is a good spot for him. Not that I think his role was in danger anyway but Duryea and Suckling are now out with mid to long term injuries so I can’t see Daniel being moved. Don’t think he’ll get a tag either because it’s easier to just exploit his height instead.

Parker probably still has more money to make but Daniel is still value at 480k and the points on field difference between the two will be significant

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Orallus_Maximus
I forgot about both Duryea and Suckling being out injured. That does make Daniel a better pick.

@J-Dog
I think one of the better sights on a footy field is Caleb Daniel doing his best to spoil a forward who is 25+cm taller than him. it's amazing how often he succeeds.
If he was 10cm taller I reckon he'd be in the conversation for best defender.

Last edited:

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
@Orallus_Maximus
I forgot about both Duryea and Suckling being out injured. That does make Daniel a better pick.

@J-Dog
I think one of the better sights on a footy field is Caleb Daniel doing his best to spoil a forward who is 25+cm taller than him. it's amazing how often he succeeds.
If he was 10cm taller I reckon he'd be in the conversation for best defender.

Great insights again comrades! Thanks for the comments. Daniel is definitely a gutsy kid.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
When Ed Langdon is getting a hole-in-one on a 292m par four - the gods are on his side.
Get him.