Round 4 Discussion and Trades

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I’m considering Cogs to Boak this week. Saves a few $ but also improves my fwd structure and allows me to swing Drew / Setterfield into mid bench (rather than on field). FWD rookies stinking it up.

Cogs projected to drop by about $40k this week
Boak projected to increase by about $30k
Cogs to Boak = $50k cash

FWD would be Danger, Kelly, Billings, Boak, Moore, Parker (Setterfield, Petrucelle)

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I’m considering Cogs to Boak this week. Saves a few $ but also improves my fwd structure and allows me to swing Drew / Setterfield into mid bench (rather than on field). FWD rookies stinking it up.

Cogs projected to drop by about $40k this week
Boak projected to increase by about $30k
Cogs to Boak = $50k cash

FWD would be Danger, Kelly, Billings, Boak, Moore, Parker (Setterfield, Petrucelle)

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.
Not a fan of that I’m sorry. Cogs is highly likely to average more than Boak from here. I understand you wanting to restructure but surely you can find a way that doesn’t involve sacrificing a healthy, well scoring premium?

Drew has only had 1 bad game out of 3, I think he’s capable of 60+ most weeks

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, Drew, Parker, Setterfield, Petruccelle, Balta
90K Left

Just after any thoughts on trade options.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
90K Left

I'd be ditching Dusty I reckon mate, to either a Libba if you wanted to bank some cash or Bont/MCrouch if you don't mind spending a bit

brandon bui

Apr 10, 2019
I wouldn't make that trade. We only have 30 and they are too precious to use up unnecessarily.
On the outs:
B Smith has a 44BE and will make more money. Goldstein has had the one poor score but is there a reason to think his overall scoring will drop off?
On the ins:
Mumford is almost 33 and didn't play last year - we have no idea how he will perform over several rounds. Even if he averages 90 he will still be only about $450,000. That's $200,000+ less than Grundy is likely to be.
Whitfield has had a good 3 rounds but has proven susceptible to a tag. Even if he isn't tagged he is likely to revert to his more normal scoring. If he does keep scoring at around 125SC per week his price will rise to about $625,000. That's only $55,000 more than it is now. He won't necessarily be anymore out of reach than he is now. You can afford to wait and see what happens.

As for the rookies. It looks like you were chasing last week's points. I pick the rookies I think will average the best and leave them on field permanently.

Thank you very much for your advice, definately go for your advice.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
90K Left

I'd be ditching Dusty I reckon mate, to either a Libba if you wanted to bank some cash or Bont/MCrouch if you don't mind spending a bit
What @Haychh said. Otherwise your team looks to be in great shape.

Reactions: Prospector

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Anyone have any thoughts on Fyfe?

Obviously a top 8 mid but if he is going to be out for 2 games this may be the only chance of going Fyfe to Neale or MaCrae.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015

Obviously a top 8 mid but if he is going to be out for 2 games this may be the only chance of going Fyfe to Neale or MaCrae.

As someone who doesn't have him the longer that 63 is in his price cycle means the longer I have to be able to find the cash to get him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Opinion seems to be divided on this but if it were me I'd keep Fyfe.
Yes, he will be missing at least this week but I see that as a bonus in that he will (probably) come back fully recovered. If he does so he will score much the same as Neale/Macrae. So you are using a trade for the points difference between Neale/Macrae and your next best rookie. Is a trade worth 60-70 points?
In general I am against trading out premiums unless there are compelling reasons to do so - and in this case I don't find the reasons compelling.
As for Neale/Macrae: have patience. Your rookies are making cash and sooner or later the opportunity to bring them in will come.

Drumpf

Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2018
Melbourne
I wouldn't do the Crisp trade. Sure he's had the one bad game but a week ago he had a very good one. If he doesn't end up top-8 he will be close. He was ranked #7 last year.
Yeah, i was looking at similar, Crisp to Whitfield but would also require a Gibbons to Stack to pay for it...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Not a fan of that I’m sorry. Cogs is highly likely to average more than Boak from here. I understand you wanting to restructure but surely you can find a way that doesn’t involve sacrificing a healthy, well scoring premium?

Drew has only had 1 bad game out of 3, I think he’s capable of 60+ most weeks

Thanks for the reply. This group always provides a sound logical perspective. Much appreciated.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Having not made a trade yet and not really needing to correct for any rookies now that Hore has been named, I'm thinking moving Fyfe to Libba might not be a bad move this week for a few reason.

1. Makes 225k which would really help with those first few 1up/1downs.
2. BE of both means the pricing gap will narrow next few weeks so should be able to make 100k+ even if I have to get Fyfe back.
3. Get to play Libba over one of Scott/Atkins/Gibbons which is sure to be worth a decent chunk of points

Anyone thinking similar or maybe it's not worth it?

Have 65k so could also go Fyfe to Neale (have Cripps, macrae already)

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Having not made a trade yet and not really needing to correct for any rookies now that Hore has been named, I'm thinking moving Fyfe to Libba might not be a bad move this week for a few reason.

2. BE of both means the pricing gap will narrow next few weeks so should be able to make 100k+ even if I have to get Fyfe back.
3. Get to play Libba over one of Scott/Atkins/Gibbons which is sure to be worth a decent chunk of points

Take Neale ... keep the $$$ on field!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Not a trade I'd make for the reasons cited in my post above.
In short: is one trade worth 60-70 points?

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I wouldn't make that trade. We only have 30 and they are too precious to use up unnecessarily.
On the outs:
B Smith has a 44BE and will make more money. Goldstein has had the one poor score but is there a reason to think his overall scoring will drop off?
On the ins:
Mumford is almost 33 and didn't play last year - we have no idea how he will perform over several rounds. Even if he averages 90 he will still be only about $450,000. That's $200,000+ less than Grundy is likely to be.
Whitfield has had a good 3 rounds but has proven susceptible to a tag. Even if he isn't tagged he is likely to revert to his more normal scoring. If he does keep scoring at around 125SC per week his price will rise to about $625,000. That's only $55,000 more than it is now. He won't necessarily be anymore out of reach than he is now. You can afford to wait and see what happens.

As for the rookies. It looks like you were chasing last week's points. I pick the rookies I think will average the best and leave them on field permanently.
Some opposing points for Mummy (he is obviously high risk and this is coming from someone who started him as I thought Gawn would drop significantly).
If he can ave 90 until the byes, he makes $150k+ and possibly hits $500k+ making him pretty easily upgradeable.
He doesn't really face any of the bigger/stronger/complete ruckman in this time (eg Gawn/Grundy) so has the chance to hit some form.
Although he is old and didn't play last year, he was probably able to fully recover and able to freshen up, all you need is to get to the bye rounds.

Yes he is high risk, but I see potential to trade for him in a few circumstances, especially if you went a mid price ruck who isn't performing, or think Preuss will impact Gawn (obviously you would wait to see if Mummy gets through this week fine and scores decent if you can).

Having started him (with Westhoff as cover), I thought it was a decent strategy only a few would go for and didn't see Gawn burning me, even if he played like last year his price wasn't going to go up much. I can see a decent chance of it working out, but think if you were downgrading Gawn you would have to have done it before this round knowing Preuss may impact his scoring. There is the potential for a $200-300k+ net gain overall and gave you $337k to upgrade elsewhere, this is possibly too late now having played last night (around $325k after this round and some players such as Neale climbing in price pretty quickly).

If (a big IF) Mummy gets through to the bye rounds unscathed, it will pay off nicely, but he is obviously prone to injury and suspension. If not it can still work out but in either case you would want to have ruck cover. Personally I think he will have some big games in the next 8 weeks and is worth the risk if you need to trade a ruck or have barely traded thus far and could be a nifty POD considering the way other rucks are playing currently.

I wouldn't go chasing/forcing a trade for him (unless he goes massive this week), but think there is a decent chance of him being a decent punt for a few.

Reactions: brandon bui

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Looking to trade Dusty this week. Looking at Libba or doing a DPP for T Kelly/Bont this week?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Noticed that Eddy McGuire will be seen but not heard on WA TV's coverage of the derby this week-end.
Last year, McGuire was voted least popular footy commentator in a poll conducted by WA's channel 7. Despite this the 7 network still decided to send McGuire to cover the derby - for the first time ever.
The public reaction in WA has apparently been so great that although McGuire will be lead commentator the pre-game, in-game and post-game vision and comments will be of local channel 7 people.
Interesting.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Noticed that Eddy McGuire will be seen but not heard on WA TV's coverage of the derby this week-end.
Last year, McGuire was voted least popular footy commentator in a poll conducted by WA's channel 7. Despite this the 7 network still decided to send McGuire to cover the derby - for the first time ever.
The public reaction in WA has apparently been so great that although McGuire will be lead commentator the pre-game, in-game and post-game vision and comments will be of local channel 7 people.
Interesting.
A brilliant result!